Trouty

Reaction score
How do you like posts? I want to like my pal Locimus Prime’s post.

Is there a wait time?

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
The light has been on but its taken some longer to see it. They were blinded by what was being built. But the project has stalled. Its like a builder that runs out of money and its a house with walls and a roof, no windows or doors yet. No interior walls. Its a shell. And the builder can blame all the sub contractors and economy. Meanwhile other builders are completing houses on the same street in the same economy.

Trouty

Reaction score
Does this forum call Belichick “Belicheat” like some of the others do?

It doesn’t matter whom our coach is, with Jones manning that GM position.

This franchise will not win until a new family/owner takes over. Jerry tainted his brood. The offspring will do as their pa did.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Does this forum call Belichick “Belicheat” like some of the others do?

This franchise will not win until a new family/owner takes over. Jerry tainted his brood. The offspring will do as their pa did.

Jones/Garrett = no winning anything.

Garrett has beaten Jerry at his own game. BS talk and Jerry has fallen for it.

Trouty

Reaction score
Where's ole Donnie boy when you need him. My button is bigger than yours AND it works!! hahahahah!

Boxer, did you get my PMs?? This outfit is a tad cluttered and it didn't show anything in my Sent Box. I wrote three separate PMs, all somewhat lengthy, each in response to yours. The PMs I wrote you weren't even in the folder, as a reply, to the ones you sent. Grrrrrrrrr

Where are the threads? All I can find is the New Post link.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

I used to think it was just jeri but I'm starting to fear the whole clan is just like him and will doom the franchise for as far as I can see

good to see you and the other screen names I recognize from the Zone here, welcome and let'r rip! No BS censorship here.

I confess there is still a little life left in the homer inside of me that hopes Stephen might be different than his dad and hire a GM one day but I'm sure that thought will be proven wrong soon enough

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cowboys continue staff changes with line coach Frank Pollack departing

Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas - Offensive line coach Frank Pollack will not be back with the Dallas Cowboys in 2018, according to multiple sources.

It is the sixth change on Jason Garrett's staff since the season ended and perhaps the most significant because of the resources the Cowboys have put in their offensive line and how they want to be a run-first team.

Paul Alexander, who spent more than 20 years with the Cincinnati Bengals, is interviewing with the Cowboys as Pollack's replacement, according to a source. A source said Tom Cable, who was fired by the Seattle Seahawks and was a college teammate of offensive coordinator Scott Linehan is also a candidate. Assistant offensive line coach Marc Colombo, who played for the Cowboys from 2005-10, will also be in the mix.

Pollack took over for Bill Callahan after the 2014 season and helped produce run games that did not fall out of the top five in his three seasons as the line coach. In his tenure, left tackle Tyron Smith, center Travis Frederick and right guard Zack Martin made the Pro Bowl each season and all three were first-team All-Pro picks in 2016. He also oversaw the move of La'el Collins from left guard to right tackle in 2017.

Pass protection, however, was an issue in 2017. Dak Prescott was sacked 32 times after he was sacked 25 times as a rookie. The Cowboys missed Tyron Smith for three full games and all but three snaps of a fourth. In the first game Smith missed, Prescott was sacked eight times by the Atlanta Falcons with backup tackles Chaz Green and Byron Bell giving up six sacks. Without Smith on the field, Prescott threw one touchdown pass. The protection was better with Smith on the field, but Prescott's yard per attempt dropped from 8 to 6.8 in 2017.

Pollack joined the Cowboys in 2013 as Callahan's assistant offensive line coach. When Callahan left for the Washington Redskins, Garrett promoted Pollack, who is a stickler for details and technique.

Pollack joins special teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia, wide receivers coach Derek Dooley, quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson, secondary coach Joe Baker and tight ends coach Steve Loney as coaches not returning. Bisaccia was named the special teams coach with the Oakland Raiders, while Dooley became the offensive coordinator at Missouri. Loney is retiring, and Wilson and Baker had expiring contracts.

Running backs coach Gary Brown, whose contract ran out, also reportedly interviewed with the Raiders and has drawn interest from at least one more team. The Cowboys, however, want to keep Brown. Passing game coordinator/linebackers coach Matt Eberflus and secondary coach Greg Jackson also have expiring contracts.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Boxer, did you get my PMs?? This outfit is a tad cluttered and it didn't show anything in my Sent Box. I wrote three separate PMs, all somewhat lengthy, each in response to yours. The PMs I wrote you weren't even in the folder, as a reply, to the ones you sent. Grrrrrrrrr

Where are the threads? All I can find is the New Post link.

ya i had this issue. this is what i did to make it work for me.

1st of all, when you send a private message or reply to a private message, make sure you actually click on "Go Advanced" button or "Reply to Private Message" link. see below:
quick-reply.jpg

then when you are replying to a message this way, it allows you to "Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder." but you have to have it checked off. see below:
save-a-copy.png

i hope that helped, maybe dooms knows a different/better way

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Thanks, icup for the tutorial. And nope, that IS the way. No better way.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
trouty,

just watch out for guys like yim who will never shy away from the opportuniy to tell everyone that he has a little homer inside of him

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Cowboys continue staff changes with line coach Frank Pollack departing

Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas - Offensive line coach Frank Pollack will not be back with the Dallas Cowboys in 2018, according to multiple sources.

It is the sixth change on Jason Garrett's staff since the season ended and perhaps the most significant because of the resources the Cowboys have put in their offensive line and how they want to be a run-first team.

WHEW. This shit makes me want to BEAT A BABY! KILL A KITTEN! AND PULVERIZE A PUPPY! So it's Pollack's fault that the Cowboys chose to pass on goal line situations instead of running...? INCREDIBLE. Not Linehan's and certainly not Garrett's fault. How do they pull this crap with a straight face?

We could have an OL or offense like this:

LT --- TYRON SMITH
LG --- LARRY ALLEN
C --- TRAVIS FREDERICKS
RG --- NATE NEWTON/ZACH MARTIN (Take your pick. Can't go wrong with either one).
RT --- ERIK WILLIAMS
TE --- JASON WITTEN

RB 1 --- EMMITT SMITH
RB 2 --- EZEKIEL ELLIOT

QB --- Doesn't matter.

The red-headed fuck would still PASS on goal line. All three times and then settle for a FG. This asshole likes to preach BEAT THE MAN IN FRONT OF YOU. Well is there any better fucking way of beating the man in front of you than running it down their throats?

Top Bottom