Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They cant contact McClay without first getting permission from Dallas, that's was my point.

The Texans have not contacted McClay. That's what I'm trying to tell you. All this BS about our boy wonder personnel guy being fawned over by Houston has not been confirmed. I get that Dallas has to give permission but you would think that would come after someone from Houston contacts Jerry or his wretched spawn Stephen and informed them of their interest in their pseudo-GM. I haven't heard that yet.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Texans have not contacted McClay. That's what I'm trying to tell you. All this BS about our boy wonder personnel guy being fawned over by Houston has not been confirmed. I get that Dallas has to give permission but you would think that would come after someone from Houston contacts Jerry or his wretched spawn Stephen and informed them of their interest in their pseudo-GM. I haven't heard that yet.

You drunk Dodger?

The Cowboys are saying they gave McClay permission to talk to Houston. That means someone from Houston called and said they might want to interview him. Doesn't mean he will or they will, but someone from Houston has to call for the permission. If they don't its tampering.

Teams don't usually tell coaches or front office people they are free to interview wherever they want unless they are going to fire them.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You drunk Dodger?

The Cowboys are saying they gave McClay permission to talk to Houston. That means someone from Houston called and said they might want to interview him. Doesn't mean he will or they will, but someone from Houston has to call for the permission. If they don't its tampering.

Teams don't usually tell coaches or front office people they are free to interview wherever they want unless they are going to fire them.

How do we post a Twitter page? I've done it before but just can't remember.

Todd Archer on Twitter: "Cowboys Vice President of Personnel Will McClay has permission to speak with the Houston Texans regarding their general manager job but he h… https://t.co/yUC9frXt5Q"

So someone called the Cowboys for permission to interview McClay, the Cowboys give that permission and no one calls McClay (according to McClay). OK. Got it.

Last edited:

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

well thats good news i guess

i kind've think mcclay should start to think outside the box a little more. maybe like change all the clocks and calendars at the star...so that come draft day, the jones family will be somewhere else and hopefully not anywhere near the war room.

*pipe dream*

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
in more cowboys coaching news:

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
"...seems like they're dependent on him (linehan) putting together basically an entirely new offensive staff in his vision."

oh

thats reassuring

i wonder if that vision includes providing help to an inept LT when he's facing HOF caliber players like adrian clayborn therefore allowing his qb to get railroaded. green should've been charged with attempted murder for his performance that day. but linehan should've also been charged with gross negligence. but its all good, let him set up his staff as he sees fit. look for the 2018 dallas cowboys to make more adjustments during games because...........all the extra "coaching up" they'll be getting??

the only silver lining is that this puts linehan on the chopping block for next year. i mean...that's the most logical conclusion. certainly isn't going to effect garrett because now these are linehan's hand-picked guys. all the accountability falls on him now.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
and actually i should say on the whole gruden stealing our guys...

...a lot of them were gruden's guys first in tampa/oakland

will be interesting to see how the raiders play this year for sure

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
this would make coach #3 from cowboys -> raiders

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
you know,,

it seems like gruden could've just come here instead of taking all of our position coaches.

thanks, jerry

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

LOL

Wouldn't surprise me, this team is run like some 3rd world, psycho dictatorship

jeri is probably inspired by the Kim dynasty

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Pollack leaving doesn't bother me, I really felt like the OL greatly underachieved this year as a whole.

The running game wasn't as good as the pass blocking ranked near the bottom of the league.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
"...seems like they're dependent on him (linehan) putting together basically an entirely new offensive staff in his vision."

oh

thats reassuring

i wonder if that vision includes providing help to an inept LT when he's facing HOF caliber players like adrian clayborn therefore allowing his qb to get railroaded. green should've been charged with attempted murder for his performance that day. but linehan should've also been charged with gross negligence. but its all good, let him set up his staff as he sees fit. look for the 2018 dallas cowboys to make more adjustments during games because...........all the extra "coaching up" they'll be getting??

the only silver lining is that this puts linehan on the chopping block for next year. i mean...that's the most logical conclusion. certainly isn't going to effect garrett because now these are linehan's hand-picked guys. all the accountability falls on him now.

What exactly does the Red Dolt do again? My goodness, some folks just step in shot luck. The guy is making millions to be Jerry's adopted son and personal "yes" man.

Top Bottom