cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
And that reminds me... Has Bruce Carter been overrated a little? Sure he's big and fast and looks the part, but does he make an unusual number of plays?

I think Carter is fine. The problem is just in front of him and just behind him. The Safeties can't cover their full zone responsibilities so Carter is spread thin. The Defensive Tackles can't do enough to beat one-on-one blocking so teams can use 300 poind Guards to block Carter.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What's frustrating is the team actually told us who they would've taken and they both turned out to be pretty good players. How solid would our D be if we had Brockers at 1-technique and a LB trio of Lee, Carter, and Wagner?

Has Brockers even been average?

And that reminds me... Has Bruce Carter been overrated a little? Sure he's big and fast and looks the part, but does he make an unusual number of plays?

Been pretty damn good these first two games. Not sure what all you want to see from a weak OLB in a 4-3. He's all over the field. Tied for team lead in tackles, nearly had a pick 6 TD yesterday, has had a couple of sacks already. He's only made one bad play that I've seen, a missed potential open field tackle where a guy ended up with a first down. Looks tailor made for this scheme to me.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I wasn't high on Brockers coming out but he's been pretty solid for the Rams. I would take Brockers and Wagner over Claiborne at this point and not even look back.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Been pretty damn good these first two games. Not sure what all you want to see from a weak OLB in a 4-3.

How about openly admitting he screwed the pooch by thinking endzone on a pick six that could have clearly changed the football game?

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
How about openly admitting he screwed the pooch by thinking endzone on a pick six that could have clearly changed the football game?

That play would have definitely won it but if we are depending on Bruce Carter to make an interception to win the game then we are in huge trouble. How about a front 7, hell front 8 if you count Church, who couldn't stop the obvious run at the end of the game?

Last edited:

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I wasn't high on Brockers coming out but he's been pretty solid for the Rams. I would take Brockers and Wagner over Claiborne at this point and not even look back.

Yep.

And I didn't say Carter sucks. I know he's a good solid player and I'm glad we have him. But some people sort of had him penciled in as a future star for the next six or seven years and I'm not sure he's there yet.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
That play would have definitely won it but if we are depending on Bruce Carter to make an interception to win the game then we are in huge trouble. How about a front 7, hell front 8 if you count Church, who couldn't stop the obviosu run at the end of the game?

Don't change the subject. Dbair asked what everyone wants to see...I told him.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yep.

And I didn't say Carter sucks. I know he's a good solid player and I'm glad we have him. But some people sort of had him penciled in as a future star for the next six or seven years and I'm not sure he's there yet.

Are you kidding?

Gomers were already panicking this offseason that we have to save cap room in the future because he has to be signed to an extention already.

He's doing okay. Has hit or miss moments in coverage, looks good blitzing. But he's not a sure fire dead locked superstar. If he was, he makes that INT yesterday.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score

No, I didn't think you did. I think he is the one player who will benefit the most from the scheme change. The Front Office has to stop half-assing everything. If we want to be a 3-4, get a big nose takle. Don't be cute or pretend you are cutting edge by having the penetrating pass-rushing NT. If you want to run Kiffin's Tampa 2, get Safeties who can cover ground not two pedestrians. I actually think we could get by with Church because of Lee and Carter but you need a true Free Safety to go with him. Will Allen just compounds the issue.

Jerry's thinking that everything will just magically come together is our true enemy.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Are you kidding?

Gomers were already panicking this offseason that we have to save cap room in the future because he has to be signed to an extention already.

He's doing okay. Has hit or miss moments in coverage, looks good blitzing. But he's not a sure fire dead locked superstar. If he was, he makes that INT yesterday.

Wow thought you were kidding with this garbage. Pretty stupid IMO.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Teach me how to win on the Internet, Hos-lite.

1. Get kicked off of every internet forum you join.
2. Constantly ask what other people are saying about you.
3. Brag about Best Buy credit line.
4. Make up stories about hooking up with random skanks.
5. Argue just to argue.
6. Challenge people to meet in real life and fight.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
1. Get kicked off of every internet forum you join.
2. Constantly ask what other people are saying about you.
3. Brag about Best Buy credit line.
4. Make up stories about hooking up with random skanks.
5. Argue just to argue.
6. Challenge people to meet in real life and fight.

echtlustig_picdump_34_2.gif

Top Bottom