C

Cr122

I hope so. I don't like either one of them.

I don't either.

But if both of them want to have productive years I'm okay with that too. I just want to win another championship.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think year 2 or 3 is going to be where his huge produciton starts to shine through.

With missing preseason, the Cowboys having so many weapons on offense, and Tony pretty much showing that he only throws to the guys he trusts, I still expect Dez to have a good year to the tune of 45 catches 600-700 yards and 4-6 touchdowns.

I don't expect a spectacular year from Dez.

He had a good rapport with Dez in minicamp and early in training camp before Dez went down. Dez will make those catches that Roy won't/can't.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I get on these trips where when a player doesn't perform to his expectations for a year or so, I am ready to move on. Both Martellus and Roya Williams are there. I've never cared much for Terrance Newman, although I can admit he was very solid for a few seasons there.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We have a lot of weapons, but of all people we lose John Phillips. Not Bennett or Roy Williams. Phillips.

Why the fuck would you bitch about Bennett? What has Phillips done to earn this massive ballwashing. It's kind of like how people did it with Scandrick over Jenkins in the beginning. And why the fuck would you want any of our players to get hurt? That's ignorant. I don't like Roy, but I damn sure do not want him hurt.

C

Cr122

I personally think a good rookie year would be 70 to 80 catches and about 800 yards receiving or more. about 12 to 14 touchdowns, sound fair?

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Why the fuck would you bitch about Bennett? What has Phillips done to earn this massive ballwashing. It's kind of like how people did it with Scandrick over Jenkins in the beginning. And why the fuck would you want any of our players to get hurt? That's ignorant. I don't like Roy, but I damn sure do not want him hurt.

Because Phillips produced last year and was having a great preseason. What has Bennett done besides being a fuck up?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Absolutely, Phillips is another player who will be a star for us.

I still think we should of traded Bennett when we had the chance.

How is he going to be a star as the #3 TE? And if Phillips is all that---based on what? Why not trade him and get maximum or more value for him, since you think he'e better than Bennett?

C

Cr122

How is he going to be a star as the #3 TE? And if Phillips is all that---based on what? Why not trade him and get maximum or more value for him, since you think he'e better than Bennett?

Because he will be the number two tight end here.

John Phillips is talented as well, and he's a much better blocking tight end. IMO.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Because Phillips produced last year and was having a great preseason. What has Bennett done besides being a fuck up?

7 receptions for 62 yards with an 8.9 ypr? That's production? WOW! And what has Bennett done to "fuck up" aside from making videos that YOU and others don't like?

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

John Phillips is talented as well, and he's a much better blocking tight end. IMO.

He outplayed Bennett last year, but don't tell that to Lazarus. He'll go on an F-bomb tirade about it.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

That's what your heart desires and what your mouth is saying. He might be the #2 TE if Witten retires or something. And you're sick as fuck if you think Phillips is a better blocker than Bennett. Bennett is the best blocking TE on this team---even better than Witten. Witten had to learn how to block when he came, and Parcells---I'll give him credit here, hooked him up with Dan Campbell.

C

Cr122

I'll give Bennett this year to prove he belongs.

But I guarantee you if he doesn't perform to his level, Phillips will soon replace him.

If Phillips didn't get hurt this year, he would of proved he was a number two tight end for us.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Bennett also dropped a lot of balls last year. I'll take the guy that produced with limited chaces over a guy that was on the field more and did absolutely nothing. Phillips also caught a TD in the playoffs against Philly if I remember right.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He outplayed Bennett last year, but don't tell that to Lazarus. He'll go on an F-bomb tirade about it.

7 receptions for 62 yards with an 8.9 ypr outplays 15 receptions 159 yards with 10.6 ypr? What kind of math you is this? And this was with Bennett dealing with injuries last year.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'll give Bennett this year to prove he belongs.

But I guarantee you if he doesn't perform to his level, Phillips will soon replace him.

If Phillips didn't get hurt this year, he would of proved he was a number two tight end for us.

Bullshit.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
7 receptions for 62 yards with an 8.9 ypr outplays 15 receptions 159 yards with 10.6 ypr? What kind of math you is this? And this was with Bennett dealing with injuries last year.

Phillips came up with key receptions. Bennett usually dropped them.

Top Bottom