cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
they can just tow illegally parked cars wherever they see them? they don't need to wait for a complaint?

Well, yes and no. They can't just go anywhere and snatch up illegally park cars. Tow companies do sign exclusive deals or have agreements with businesses or even police precincts where they can go and hook up illegally parked cars without being called. When my son came to live with me (my daughter always lived with me), I needed more income and took a part-time job with the local tow company that my main job uses for breakdowns. They aren't exactly ethical. Their drivers were mostly hardcore ex-felons and they go looking for work, like what might have happened in this story, when there isn't enough roadside assistance calls to keep them busy. The police company tows can't handle all of the impounds and farm out the work to local tow companies. So you have tow company owners, who could paid pretty well by the city for each tow, and some shady drivers making the call on who can be towed.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
They can't just go anywhere and snatch up illegally park cars.
And that's what I was saying. Of course they patrol lots and areas they are contracted to keep clear. That's not the same thing as just randomly going around towing vehicles.
then your opinion on the veracity of the people who are trashing the company is without merit.
I never said it had any merit. It's my opinion just like, you have your opinions too.

Reaction score
The camera just caught her being honest. Id be pissed too if i felt someone was robbing me of my money.

I kindof like her more after hearing that. :crying

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I WILL give this chick props for one thing though - her facebook page is lit up with people banging on her about this, and she isn't deleting anyone's posts. Even actual trolls who went through all her posts and posted the same comment on all of them.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I cant wait to see someone finally have the balls to own up for what they said that got everyone riled up and come out and says, damn right I said it, I was pissed and I ain't sorry!

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Seems like everyone at ESPN wants her fired, saying stuff like she's replaceable.

Of course she is -- I doubt most people had even heard of her before this. I know I hadn't.

But is what she did really much worse than what Berman did when he went on that profanity-laden rant against his own people in the studio years ago? I don't think so. But that was before the internet outrage age pep was talking about.

Plus of course he's famous and seen as valuable and she isn't.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Of course she is -- I doubt most people had even heard of her before this. I know I hadn't.

But is what she did really much worse than what Berman did when he went on that profanity-laden rant against his own people in the studio years ago? I don't think so. But that was before the internet outrage age pep was talking about.

Plus of course he's famous and seen as valuable and she isn't.

Well yeah, but the with the anti-bullying campaign being so widespread and strong nowadays, you can't act like that. Especially if you are someone of some import.

Top Bottom