Reaction score
The company doesn't go around looking for vehicles to tow.
Tha fuck they don't.

They are contracted by that restaurant to enforce their parking rules. The parking is free AS LONG AS YOU ARE A CUSTOMER not as a parking spot while you go off bar hopping.
And I think that's bullshit... unless the parking lot is packed with people trying to get in the restaurant. It sounds like the place was closed, so no one's trying to get in there.

I read everything I could find about this before commenting. This snobby elitist entitled BITCH is in the wrong, then compounded the problem.
Well, this seems a little hypocritical.

Pissed at yourself is just fine.
So I presume you've never gotten mad at someone for something that wasn't their fault? Must be cool to have perfect control of your emotions at all times.

You'd think by now one of them would have filed a suit and proved it.
Do you know that no one has?

Reaction score
Pep, would your wife ever use the same tone, dripping with privilege, insult some folks choosing to work instead of living off handouts? I would hope not.
I would hope not too... but it happens. I would also hope she wouldn't post pics of aborted fetuses on the internet.

You fuckers need to get off your high horse. Like you've never been pissed and said or done something you regretted. Tha fuck outta here.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
she claims the tow lady was rude to her, which is why we only hear one side of the conversation.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So I presume you've never gotten mad at someone for something that wasn't their fault?
Never made any such claim. BUT, I have never taken my own anger at myself out on a innocent person. You said you would have some choice words to say if your car got towed? You would berate some poor lady who didn't actually tow the car, she is just doing her job processing you out and giving your car back?
And I think that's bullshit... unless the parking lot is packed with people trying to get in the restaurant. It sounds like the place was closed, so no one's trying to get in there.
It's fucking private property. If they don't want any cars parked there after hours they have the right to tow any found. You're a lawyer, so you know that allowing people to overnight park their vehicle on your lot after hours opens you up to liability if something happens to it? Insurance companies won't cover that liability, because it is stupid to allow it. But if you have a towing policy, they will and do.

Reaction score
It's like anyone who does something stupid is fair game to have their lives ruined. This mob mentality society is disgusting, and it all starts with the internet. You make a mistake or act like a douche and it gets caught on tape or is posted on social media, and you lose your job, get death threats, insulted yourself... it's sick.

Reaction score
she claims the tow lady was rude to her, which is why we only hear one side of the conversation.
Yeah, and it's an edited tape at that. But let's not let that derail the outrage masters from going apeshit.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So, she is no longer apologizing? Now she is saying she was responding to rudeness? Where?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yeah, and it's an edited tape at that. But let's not let that derail the outrage masters from going apeshit.
:bsalert

Let's certainly not try to derail a adolescent using his little head to do the talking for his big head, just because the subject is a "hot chick."

What possible editing makes any of what we see justifiable?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
"You'd think by now one of them would have filed a suit and proved it."
Do you know that no one has?
Well golly gee, of course not. But it's not unreasonable to believe if it had happened, it would be public record and part of the stories on this, instead of the bullshit whining about alleged "shadiness" from idiots who got their cars towed.

Reaction score
Never made any such claim. BUT, I have never taken my own anger at myself out on a innocent person.
Don't qualify that shit. Have you ever taken your anger out on an innocent person? Ever yelled at a telemarketer over the phone, or at a customer service person on the other end of the line cause your internet isn't working? Ever dressed down a waiter for your soup being cold? It doesn't have to be anger at yourself...

You said you would have some choice words to say if your car got towed? You would berate some poor lady who didn't actually tow the car, she is just doing her job processing you out and giving your car back?
If they were rude to me, then hell yeah. It's already a shitty situation... don't poke the bear.

It's fucking private property. If they don't want any cars parked there after hours they have the right to tow any found.
They have the right to tell me not to park there if they want to... doesn't mean they should. Not good for business to tow people for the slightest overstay in your parking lot. I paid to patronize your business. If you tow me cause I stay 5 minutes longer than it takes me to eat, then I'm gonna be pissed, and I'm not coming back to your business at the least.

You're a lawyer, so you know that allowing people to overnight park their vehicle on your lot after hours opens you up to liability if something happens to it? Insurance companies won't cover that liability, because it is stupid to allow it. But if you have a towing policy, they will and do.
What? I don't do "parking lot law," but that sounds ridiculous. So you're telling me if I park my car overnight in a lot cause I'm drunk or whatever, and something happens to my car, I can sue the lot owner...? I call bullshit. The owner of the car assumes the risk of leaving their car in an unattended lot overnight.

Reaction score
No, it's not like that.
Sure seems like it...

You see an edited tape of someone being less than lady-like, and you think it's cool to call her a bitch behind a keyboard. You say she should lose her job and ESPN can hire the next pretty face... basically you want her life ruined because of a minute of her life that you see on tape.

Reaction score
Well golly gee, of course not. But it's not unreasonable to believe if it had happened, it would be public record and part of the stories on this, instead of the bullshit whining about alleged "shadiness" from idiots who got their cars towed.
Well if it's public record, then go do the search. You implied that the claim is bogus because no one has sued them. Prove that no one has sued them.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If you tow me cause I stay 5 minutes longer than it takes me to eat, then I'm gonna be pissed, and I'm not coming back to your business at the least.
No shit. But this wasn't 5 minutes. MOVE those goalposts! LOL

Don't qualify that shit.
I didn't. I stayed with my original meter, which was anger at yourself for getting your car towed.
What? I don't do "parking lot law," but that sounds ridiculous. So you're telling me if I park my car overnight in a lot cause I'm drunk or whatever, and something happens to my car, I can sue the lot owner...?
It's sure as hell happened. It's why bars and restaurants, tow vehicles. And it's driven by their liability insurance.
The owner of the car assumes the risk of leaving their car in an unattended lot overnight.
If this by common law held up, insurance companies wouldn't have any problems with liability coverage for your parking lot. It doesn't, so they do.

Ever taken out liability insurance as a bar or restaurant owner?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You implied that the claim is bogus because no one has sued them.
I did not. I said that IF the company were truly shady, surely some smarthead would have sued them by now. It's not like this hasn't been a issue in that community for some time.

The burden of proof lies on those accusing the company of being "shady" not on me to prove they have been sued or not. I've made no accusations.

Reaction score
:bsalert

Let's certainly not try to derail a adolescent using his little head to do the talking for his big head, just because the subject is a "hot chick."

What possible editing makes any of what we see justifiable?
It has nothing to do with whether she's hot. I'm sick and tired of the gotcha mentality of all you people who latch on to the slightest slight that you see on the media and think it justifies someone's life being ruined. I've seen too many of these stories where something was posted on the internet, taken out of context (or not), and before you know it, the person responsible is a country-wide pariah and can't go out in public or maintain their career.

Shit's not that serious... so she made a mistake and aid things she shouldn't. So has every other person out there.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Sure seems like it...

You see an edited tape of someone being less than lady-like, and you think it's cool to call her a bitch behind a keyboard. You say she should lose her job and ESPN can hire the next pretty face... basically you want her life ruined because of a minute of her life that you see on tape.
It has nothing to do with whether she's hot. I'm sick and tired of the gotcha mentality of all you people who latch on to the slightest slight that you see on the media and think it justifies someone's life being ruined. I've seen too many of these stories where something was posted on the internet, taken out of context (or not), and before you know it, the person responsible is a country-wide pariah and can't go out in public or maintain their career.

Shit's not that serious... so she made a mistake and aid things she shouldn't. So has every other person out there.
Hey, it's not like I don't see your point here and somewhat agree with it, people should really think before posting, but if you are a public figure, seems to me part of getting your Masters degree would include you being intelligent enough to know you're automatically a target out there. If this were just regular Joe Schmoe it wouldn't be a story.

Top Bottom