Reaction score
No shit. But this wasn't 5 minutes. MOVE those goalposts! LOL
Not moving goalposts... it's called a slippery slope argument.

I didn't. I stayed with my original meter, which was anger at yourself for getting your car towed.
And I changed the meter.

It's sure as hell happened. It's why bars and restaurants, tow vehicles. And it's driven by their liability insurance.
I've already said I think it's bullshit... I think they tow cars because they need the lots for their customers, it's for business purposes, not liability. But I don't do parking lot law, so I guess you could prove your assertion.

If this by common law held up, insurance companies wouldn't have any problems with liability coverage for your parking lot. It doesn't, so they do.
Do you even know what common law is?

Ever taken out liability insurance as a bar or restaurant owner?
I have as a business owner... but not for a parking lot, cause I don't own the building. Have you?

Reaction score
I did not. I said that IF the company were truly shady, surely some smarthead would have sued them by now. It's not like this hasn't been a issue in that community for some time.

The burden of proof lies on those accusing the company of being "shady" not on me to prove they have been sued or not. I've made no accusations.
You called the idea that the tow company was shady, sour grapes and bluster... translated... bogus claims. Quit being so literal for fucks sake.

The people who call the company shady aren't on here to debate, so yhe only person here that can be pressed on their assertion is you. If you don't know whether the company has been sued or not, then quit fucking acting like you know them. Like a tow truck company is a beacon of integrity.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And I changed the meter.
And that's commonly called moving the goalposts.
I have as a business owner... but not for a parking lot, cause I don't own the building. Have you?
Three of my lifelong best friends have. Tow own very busy restaurants, one owns a very busy bar. They have contracts with towing companies to remove any vehicles which are there after hours. And they do it because of their liability insurance.

All the proper and required by law signs are posted. If you get towed, it's on you. Kind of like:
The owner of the car assumes the risk of leaving their car in an unattended lot overnight.
That includes the risk of the property owner, having it towed.

Reaction score
Hey, it's not like I don't see your point here and somewhat agree with it, but if you are a public figure, seems to me part of getting your Masters degree would include you being intelligent enough to know you're automatically a target out there. If this were just regular Joe Schmoe it wouldn't be a story.
Even intelligent people make mistakes. The fact that you're a public figure doesn't mean you're not human or that you should be held to a standard that no one else is.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You called the idea that the tow company was shady, sour grapes and bluster...
I did not. I said IF there hasn't been a lawsuit or any other legal action, then it IS just sour grapes and bluster from dumbasses who got their vehicles towed.

Reaction score
And that's commonly called moving the goalposts.
Different point numbnuts.

Three of my lifelong best friends have. Tow own very busy restaurants, one owns a very busy bar. They have contracts with towing companies to remove any vehicles which are there after hours. And they do it because of their liability insurance.
Jane from True Value?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Even intelligent people make mistakes. The fact that you're a public figure doesn't mean you're not human or that you should be held to a standard that no one else is.
No one's asserted that either.

But, she flaunted her education and all.... Seems that level of intelligence in order to get that degree would tell her she is a public figure, and yes the rules ARE different for public figures. You ARE a target out there. You're not just Joe Schmoe anymore.

Reaction score
I did not. I said IF there hasn't been a lawsuit or any other legal action, then it IS just sour grapes and bluster from dumbasses who got their vehicles towed.
Oh my god... I'm so sick of your bullshit... I'm not parroting your argument back to you like you're a fucking two year old. We both know what you said. Quit parsing fucking words when you know what point I'm trying to make.

Quit implying shit you know nothing about.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Oh my god... I'm so sick of your bullshit... I'm not parroting your argument back to you like you're a fucking two year old. We both know what you said. Quit parsing fucking words when you know what point I'm trying to make.
Reading is your friend. Here is exactly what I typed.
You'd think by now one of them would have filed a suit and proved it. Otherwise it's just sour grapes and bluster.
If no one has filed a suit and proved the alleged shadiness, then yes it is just sour grapes and bluster from idiot stick dumbasses who had their vehicles towed.

If they are so fucking shady, sue them. Better yet, file a police report for unauthorized/illegal towing. Towing companies have to LEGALLY tow vehicles.

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with whether she's hot. I'm sick and tired of the gotcha mentality of all you people who latch on to the slightest slight that you see on the media and think it justifies someone's life being ruined. I've seen too many of these stories where something was posted on the internet, taken out of context (or not), and before you know it, the person responsible is a country-wide pariah and can't go out in public or maintain their career.
Where the fuck is the LIKE button?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I really don't care what the circumstances are, if my car gets towed, I'm gonna be pissed. It may totally be my fault, but I'm still gonna be pissed.

Its ok to be po'd, everybody would be. I think this woman was a little over the top with it though. Nobody's happy about having to go get their car and pay $$$. That said, if you park in a tow away zone and its clearly posted, your a fucking dumbass and you deserve it.

Some more info of this incident here.

McHenry says she was parked in a restaurant parking lot where she had eaten. Apparently she went somewhere else and left the car there after the business had closed. Locals say the towing company is shady.

Yeah, I'd be pissed. If I was a customer at your establishment and went to another nearby business afterwards and my car got towed, I would be irate.

What time did this happen? Was it at night? Many restaurants post no overnight parking. Did she park next to a sign that clearly stated this?

Still a lot of details not known. That said, she was still acted like fucking kunt

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's like anyone who does something stupid is fair game to have their lives ruined. This mob mentality society is disgusting, and it all starts with the internet. You make a mistake or act like a douche and it gets caught on tape or is posted on social media, and you lose your job, get death threats, insulted yourself... it's sick.

It has nothing to do with whether she's hot. I'm sick and tired of the gotcha mentality of all you people who latch on to the slightest slight that you see on the media and think it justifies someone's life being ruined. I've seen too many of these stories where something was posted on the internet, taken out of context (or not), and before you know it, the person responsible is a country-wide pariah and can't go out in public or maintain their career.
Amen, amen, amen to this. I guarantee you even the biggest PC hipster at Deadspin has done or said something wrong in their lives, but they think it's great sport to catch someone they don't approve of in a bad moment and ruin their careers and even lives. I'm so sick of it.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
the only reason we even know about this is because the tow company released the vid for some reason. doesn't excuse her snotty behavior, but they were clearly out to get her.

Reaction score
You'd think by now one of them would have filed a suit and proved it. Otherwise it's just sour grapes and bluster.
And this statement presumes that no one has. You're being sarcastic and saying without proof, it's sour grapes.

If no one has filed a suit and proved the alleged shadiness, then yes it is just sour grapes and bluster from idiot stick dumbasses who had their vehicles towed.

If they are so fucking shady, sue them. Better yet, file a police report for unauthorized/illegal towing.
There is more than one way to skin a cat. Could be BBB complaints, could be police reports, could be lawsuits. But not everyone runs to court to file lawsuits when their car gets towed illegally. If someone came in my office to sue a tow company for illegal towing, and they got their car back undamaged, then I'd tell them there's no money involved in it. I would suspect many lawyers would if there's not much in the way of damages. Regardless, unless you know the BBB history, police report history, or lawsuit history of this company, then your opinion on the veracity of the people who are trashing the company is without merit.

Towing companies have to LEGALLY tow vehicles.
They're supposed to, but they don't always act legally. If you think they do, then I got some ocean front property with your name on it.

Top Bottom