dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We just lost our DB coach to the Dolphins. This could be addition by subtraction especially with the our secondary has played lately

yessssss.gif

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
"Fluke" Super Bowl win.

:lol

What else do you call a 9-7 team that gives up more pts than they score for the season, that barely gets in the playoffs, posts a couple of flukey upsets and then flops miserably the next 4 yrs?

Props to them for winning it, but if they played some of those games in the postseason 10 times each they'd lose 8 or 9 of them easily. They are the worst team in modern history to win a super bowl. (other than the strike yr 1987 Redskin team)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Guess it doesn't count then.

Of course it counts douche bag. Never said it didn't.

I said it was a "fluke". Maybe you should look up the definition since you apparently don't understand the meaning.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I said it was a "fluke". Maybe you should look up the definition since you apparently don't understand the meaning.
It was no fluke. They got hot at the right time and for their style of play at that time. They fed the remaining opponents Buckwheats (Mafia term for slow, steady beating) until they said Uncle. It was physical, NFC East type bludgeon ball.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It was no fluke. They got hot at the right time and for their style of play at that time. They fed the remaining opponents Buckwheats (Mafia term for slow, steady beating) until they said Uncle. It was physical, NFC East type bludgeon ball.

ok...whatever dooms LOL

Reaction score
IM NOT SAYING ITS A FLUKE IM JUST TRYING TO DISCREDIT IT AS MUCH AS I CAN GAIS!!!!!!

STFU dbair.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
IM NOT SAYING ITS A FLUKE IM JUST TRYING TO DISCREDIT IT AS MUCH AS I CAN GAIS!!!!!!

STFU dbair.

Who's "discrediting" it?

It was what it was. Mediocre team all yr that barely got in playoffs, needed some flukey plays in the playoffs to win.

Kudos to them for winning it, but it doesn't change the fact that of all the teams that won super bowls, they are the worst.

Didn't sniff the playoffs since.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
they won three playoff games on the road, including Dallas (a team that defeated them twice that year) and GB in arctic conditions. then they punched Brady in the nose for four quarters. Tyree was a fluke, but not their championship.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
they won three playoff games on the road, including Dallas (a team that defeated them twice that year) and GB in arctic conditions. then they punched Brady in the nose for four quarters. Tyree was a fluke, but not their championship.

That was the 2007 team.

The 2011 team barely got in the playoffs. Then needed an assortment of fortunate plays to beat SF and NE. I think SF fumbled 2 or 3 punts that day. The NE game was the David Tyree play I believe.

Their team in 2007 was a very good team.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The 2011 team barely got in the playoffs. Then needed an assortment of fortunate plays to beat SF and NE. I think SF fumbled 2 or 3 punts that day. The NE game was the David Tyree play I believe.
They got in the tournament at the bottom seed or near the bottom, then proceeded to BEAT everyone they lined up against. And they did it the old school way, bludgeon ball and good defense.

Of course they were mediocre - most NFL teams are.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
That was the 2007 team.

Their team in 2007 was a very good team.

it's not a fluke if you force a fumble, and they once again beat a prolific GB team on the road that everyone had penciled in for the SB. and unless you count the missed pass from Brady to Welker in the 4th, nothing fluky about their SB win.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They got in the tournament at the bottom seed or near the bottom, then proceeded to BEAT everyone they lined up against. And they did it the old school way, bludgeon ball and good defense.

Of course they were mediocre - most NFL teams are.

most 9-7 teams never make it to the super bowl...most teams that give up more pts than they score don't make the playoffs

Manning threw the ball a bazillion times in the 2011 postseason

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
it's not a fluke if you force a fumble, and they once again beat a prolific GB team on the road that everyone had penciled in for the SB. and unless you count the missed pass from Brady to Welker in the 4th, nothing fluky about their SB win.

Like I said, props to them for winning it. It counts.

But it was a fluke of a run in a league that almost never sees that kind of thing happen.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Marvin Lewis not going to get canned according to ESPN report.

12 or 13 seasons as HC there now, 0-7 postseason record and epic end of game meltdown yesterday to lose.

Top Bottom