dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So all is well. Last year was the "real" Cowboys. This year was just a fluke. Plus we should be even better with all the talent we're going to draft.

I pointed this out in another thread, this would be fine if they were going 10-6, 11-5, 12-4 every yr, but they havent been. Garrett has been here since 2007 and we've had 3 good years, 2 really bad years and several mediocre yrs.

2014 was the fluke. 8-8 is the norm.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
When I heard they were having Steven on, I almost streamed it on my laptop, but I figured this is what he would be saying.
Bunker mentality. They all have their rehearsed and approved talking points now and will faithfully regurgitate them even if they know it's a crock of shit.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I would be better with that, Dooms, but the problem is I'm afraid they don't think it's a crock of shit. I think they really believe it.

Reaction score
I don't usually catch the Ticket after I get home. When I heard they were having Steven on, I almost streamed it on my laptop, but I figured this is what he would be saying.

I heard it on Simple Radio App bc I live in NY. I was going to start a thread on the conversation as well. I didn't hear the beginning of the interview so I didn't know who was talking but it was so absurd I thought it was just a homer caller. TE left out the most aggravating and incendiary part: Jones said this (put in mouth guard to prevent grinding of teeth):

"The defense hung in there for the majority of the games and then they were just tired out in the fourth quarter and stopped making tackles and plays. The Green Bay game was the best example where the score was close and then when the defense had the opportunity to stop Aaron Rodgers on a third and long, he slipped past and got a first. From there Dallas lost by double digits."

I can't even begin to list the perceptual distortions. Mentioned nothing of the offense's failure to thrive.

It's like Rob Ryan's firing again. Jerry said that the Niner and Seahawks game earlier that year were two examples of why Ryan was fired: both games Jason's Garrett's offense was destroyed and turned the ball over. Had nothing to do with Rob Ryan.

It just seems like he gets an earful of rationalizations and excuses for every possible accusation against Jason and The Joneses just buy into it no matter how impossibility irrational it is.

Last edited:

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
TE left out the most aggravating and incendiary part: Jones said this (put in mouth guard to prevent grinding of teeth):

"The defense hung in there for the majority of the games and then they were just tired out in the fourth quarter and stopped making tackles and plays. The Green Bay game was the best example where the score was close and then when the defense had the opportunity to stop Aaron Rodgers on a third and long, he slipped past and got a first. From there Dallas lost by double digits."
Yep, exactly. He said "all three phases" tie together and one affects the other. And as you say, he basically was blaming the offense -- or more accurately, injuries on offense -- for the defense not being better. Which is ridiculous. I immediately was thinking of all the posts we've seen about how the vast majority of NFL games are decided by one score or less. So losing close really doesn't mean anything.

The whole thing was disturbing. Stephen used to seem to me like more of a realist, more of a butt-kicker than his dad. He was supposed to have the engineer's coldly objective personality as opposed to his dad's emotional salesman one. But lately he seems like he's going into self-defense mode instead just like Jerry. He certainly was in that interview. You could almost hear him bristle at some of the non-softball questions.

I've said it before, I'm afraid he thinks he's a lot smarter than he is based on the last few years of relative success, or at least not total failure. I have a bad feeling instead of learning from his dad's mistakes, he's going to have to make them all over again on his own before he learns from them -- if he ever does.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Jesus. If you're a die hard fan of this team, how can you have any legitimate confidence we'll ever get better?

I mean, our one shimmer of hope for years was the impending death of Jerry Jones. But if Stephen is going to be just as bad - and its starting to appear as if thats the case - then honestly, whats the fucking point in being a fan of this team?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I heard it on Simple Radio App bc I live in NY. I was going to start a thread on the conversation as well. I didn't hear the beginning of the interview so I didn't know who was talking but it was so absurd I thought it was just a homer caller. TE left out the most aggravating and incendiary part: Jones said this (put in mouth guard to prevent grinding of teeth):

I can't even begin to list the perceptual distortions. Mentioned nothing of the offense's failure to thrive.

It's like Rob Ryan's firing again. Jerry said that the Niner and Seahawks game earlier that year were two examples of why Ryan was fired: both games Jason's Garrett's offense was destroyed and turned the ball over. Had nothing to do with Rob Ryan.

It just seems like he gets an earful of rationalizations and excuses for every possible accusation against Jason and The Joneses just buy into it no matter how impossibility irrational it is.

So basically Marinelli is being set up to take the fall.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He's already said both Marinelli and Linehan are coming back in their same roles

Reaction score
The Philadelphia Eagles have requested permission to interview former New York Giants coach Tom Coughlin for their head-coaching vacancy, sources have confirmed to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

The interview is likely to occur Monday, before the NFL owners meet in Houston, sources told Schefter.

The Eagles must receive permission from the Giants for the interview because Coughlin resigned as New York's coach with one year left on his contract. The Giants, however, will not stand in the way of Coughlin interviewing with the NFC East rival Eagles, sources told Schefter.

Coughlin, who resigned Monday after his third straight losing season with the Giants, is intrigued by the Eagles' job because of his familiarity with the organization and because of Philadelphia's proximity to his family in New Jersey, sources told ESPN's Dan Graziano.

Fox Sports reported late Friday that Coughlin was expected to speak to the Eagles at some point this coming week.

:facepalm

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That worries me!

TC could turn things around quickly and make the Eagles a very real threat to the division immediately

He would be smart enough to use his players correctly. Like running Murray downhill instead of sideline to sideline. If he can pick up a serviceable QB they could be a real threat next season

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I can't imagine their hiring him. Maybe it's some kind of courtesy/goodwill gesture.

Guess the Fins hired Adam Gase today. So if he's good, better there than Philly.

Reaction score
With the Dolphins hiring Gase, wonder what Dan Campbell will be doing? I'd love to have him in here in some capacity.

Reaction score
Was Campbell part of both Parcells (Ernhardt-Perkins) and Garrett's (DespAir Coryell)? I remember him going to the Lionns after the Cowboys and mocking Jason's offense about the repetition and predictability. Doubt it would really make a difference but having Campbell might wake some things up.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Campbell was Parcells only, I'm pretty sure.

Sad thing is, he'd be better as a HC than Garrett. At least he's a "real" guy who isn't just a plastic yes-man.

Reaction score
God damn, Jones went with the homeristic bullshit of the defense "just being tired", well whatever the fuck happened to playing 60 minutes? Shutouts do fucking happen from time to time as well. It isn't supported by the time of possession stat either. No, the bottom line is that we have a bunch of choke artists that fold as soon as shit gets real. When you need the stop most is when this defense becomes swiss cheese. How many times has the defense allowed the score right before the half as well as at the end of the game? We've all seen it, and we all expect it including the players who supposedly "never quit".

Bunch of liars running this organization. That pisses me off worse than the incompetence.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
With the Dolphins hiring Gase, wonder what Dan Campbell will be doing? I'd love to have him in here in some capacity.

I think Broaddus said a few weeks ago this was a possibility, especially if our TE coach retires.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That worries me!

TC could turn things around quickly and make the Eagles a very real threat to the division immediately

He would be smart enough to use his players correctly. Like running Murray downhill instead of sideline to sideline. If he can pick up a serviceable QB they could be a real threat next season

Doesn't worry me at all. Have you looked at the Gianst record since that fluke super bowl win in 2011?

The game's past him by. Good career but if he goes to Philly, that's a great thing for us.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
God damn, Jones went with the homeristic bullshit of the defense "just being tired", well whatever the fuck happened to playing 60 minutes? Shutouts do fucking happen from time to time as well. It isn't supported by the time of possession stat either. No, the bottom line is that we have a bunch of choke artists that fold as soon as shit gets real. When you need the stop most is when this defense becomes swiss cheese. How many times has the defense allowed the score right before the half as well as at the end of the game? We've all seen it, and we all expect it including the players who supposedly "never quit".

Bunch of liars running this organization. That pisses me off worse than the incompetence.
All that matters is they fight they scratch they claw.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We just lost our DB coach to the Dolphins. This could be addition by subtraction especially with the way our secondary has played lately

Last edited:
Top Bottom