bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd hate to see them move out of the top-10 unless the deal was really stacked in our favor.

I really see us winning one of the last two games (especially if Washington has nothing to play for in WK 16), so we might be picking closer to 10 than you think.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
What would you give up?

Let's say a few things happen:
* our scouts and front office are convinced Paxton Lynch is a legit franchise QB
* Tennessee has the #1 pick and lets it be known they will trade it to a team that wants to draft Lynch.
* Cleveland and San Francisco are in hot pursuit and will trade up and/or draft Lynch and Goff ahead of the Cowboys.
* we are drafting in the 3rd to 5th pick range.

How much or what offer do you make to move up and draft Lynch?

I pass and see who falls to me. Possibly work a slight trade down to acquire an extra pick. Really love those LBers. I'd keep myself in a position to get one of them.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I really see us winning one of the last two games (especially if Washington has nothing to play for in WK 16), so we might be picking closer to 10 than you think.

You shut your whore mouth!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Grinch-by-toptenzdotnet-300x300.jpg

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Really love those LBers. I'd keep myself in a position to get one of them.

Jack, Smith and even Ragland are all great players, but if we are sticking with the 4-3 drafting a LB as high as we'll be picking would be a little of a downer for me. I am sure any of the three would help make us better, but I don't know how MUCH better.

And with Jack and probably Smith too, you're getting guys probably best suited to be WOLB's, which means if you take them you are either moving Sean Lee back to MLB or giving up on him.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Bills have given up. Taylor was running for his life last Sunday, and the Skins ain't the '85 Bears. Wouldn't be surprised in the least if we win up there.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I sure hope not
Winning does absolutely nothing but hurt us

If Moore breaks out and has a great game or two it would really change our draft status

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I think what everyone is agreeing on here is we have a shot to have a good draft either through trades or wise picks or both,and somehow the current regime will find a way to fuck it right in half.

Reaction score
Chargers have the same record as us going into last night and took the Raiders into overtime. Could've won it too... but of course they didnt. So now the pressure is on us to lose this weekend as well. No clue if they're in front or behind us re: strength of schedule.

At a glance, here's who I think we need to be rooting for this weekend:

49'ers (4-10) @ Detroit Lions (5-9). Chance that Megatron doesn't play.

Ravens (4-10) vs Steelers. Highly unlikely but whatever... hope for rivalry upset or some shit.

Cleveland (3-11) @ KC Chiefts. Doubtful but whatever.

Titans (3-11) vs Texans. Brandon Weeden is starting so this might happen.

Jaguars play the Saints and they're both 5-9. Not sure who to root for there.

Bears are 5-9 and pay the Bucs.

Dolphins are 5-9 and play the Colts.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Chargers blowing last nights game sucked. Probably won't get higher than #5 now.

We will fuck up and win meaningless games against Buffalo and Washington so Garrett supporters can clutch onto their "the team never quit on Garrett" mantra. We will be drafting 10th when it's all over. We can't even suck right.

Reaction score
Basically everyone we needed to win today didn't, save for Baltimore. That, plus us losing, should push us up the draft board one spot.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Jack, Smith and even Ragland are all great players, but if we are sticking with the 4-3 drafting a LB as high as we'll be picking would be a little of a downer for me. I am sure any of the three would help make us better, but I don't know how MUCH better.

And with Jack and probably Smith too, you're getting guys probably best suited to be WOLB's, which means if you take them you are either moving Sean Lee back to MLB or giving up on him.

Best defenses in league history have great LBs, regardless of scheme. Look how much better our D performs when Lee is out there and healthy. Unfortunately we can't rely on him going forward but you know that as well as I do.

We need to move on from McClain. Hitchens is solid with two very good LBers next to him otherwise I'm not sure he's a starter. Our D lacks difference makers and those two (Jack and Smith) offer just that. Ramsey does too, and I love the way he plays, but he's a lot like Bryon Jones position wise. Might be more of a safety. So not sure we make that move yet.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
As it stands today, the 4-11 Cowboys hold the fourth overall draft pick. But the final game of the season can still see the Cowboys move up or down the draft order. Here are the teams currently picking first through eighth, based on the full 16-game opponent strength of schedule:

1. TEN, 3-12 (.492)
2. CLE, 3-12 (.536)
3. SD, 4-11 (.523)
4. DAL, 4-11 (.529)
5. SF, 4-11 (.552)
6. JAC 5-10 (.471)
7. MIA, 5-10 (.475)
8. BAL, 5-10 (.506)

The ninth team in the draft order, the Buccaneers, already has six wins. So even in a scenario where the Cowboys win their season finale against the Redskins, they would end up 5-11 and wouldn't drop below the eighth overall spot.

There's also a chance the Cowboys could move up to the second overall pick, but that would require a lot of things to fall the Cowboys' way.

1.The Cowboys have to lose against the Redskins. That can be done, even if the Redskins bench Kirk Cousins and half their starting offense.
2.The Chargers have to win in Denver. That's a tall order, but in a season of wacky outcomes, why not?
3.The Browns have to beat the visiting Steelers. The Steelers lost against the Ravens, why not against the Browns as well?
4.But even if all of that happens, the Cowboys would still have an opponent strength of Schedule (SOS) of .533, while the Browns would be at .531, and keep their spot ahead of the Cowboys, so the Cowboys need another game to go their way: The Jets have to win in Buffalo. If that happens, in addition to everything outlined above, the Cowboys' SOS would drop to .5328, while the Browns' SOS would climb to .5331.

Losses by the Packers and Seahawks would further improve the Cowboys' SOS, but with the Cowboys' luck this season, there's no way the scenario described above actually happens. Even if the Cowboys were to lose against the Redskins next week, they'll very likely stay locked into the fourth overall pick.

But what happens if they win against the Redskins?

Ultimately, that depends on what the four teams below the Cowboys (SF, JAC, MIA, BAL) do in Week 17. If all four lose, the Cowboys drop all the way to the eighth spot, based on their strong SOS. A win by any of the four teams equals a one-spot improvement in the draft order for the Cowboys.

But do you think this Cowboys team can pull off a win against the Redskins, even a Redskins team resting a bunch of its starters?

Here's the full draft order with the results of the Sunday games included (Strength of schedule based on full 16-game schedule)

Order Team Record Opp. Strength Of Schedule
1 Tennessee Titans 3-12 0.492
2 Cleveland Browns 3-12 0.536
3 San Diego Chargers 4-11 0.523
4 Dallas Cowboys 4-11 0.529
5 San Francisco 49ers 4-11 0.552
6 Jacksonville Jaguars 5-10 0.471
7 Miami Dolphins 5-10 0.475
8 Baltimore Ravens 5-10 0.506
9 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 6-9 0.483
10 New York Giants 6-9 0.492
11 New Orleans Saints 6-9 0.508
12 Philadelphia Eagles 6-9 0.513
13 Detroit Lions 6-9 0.536
14 Chicago Bears 6-9 0.544
15 Indianapolis Colts 7-8 0.498
16 Buffalo Bills 7-8 0.510
17 Oakland Raiders 7-8 0.511
18 St. Louis Rams 7-8 0.527
19 Atlanta Falcons 8-7 0.471
20 Washington Redskins 8-7 0.471
21 Houston Texans 8-7 0.498
22 Pittsburgh Steelers 9-6 0.511
23 Seattle Seahawks 9-6 0.527
24 New York Jets 10-5 0.438
25 Kansas City Chiefs 10-5 0.494
26 Minnesota Vikings 10-5 0.510
27 Green Bay Packers 10-5 0.527
28 Denver Broncos 10-4 0.506
29 Cincinnati Bengals 11-3 0.473
30 New England Patriots (forfeited pick)
12-3 0.460
31 Arizona Cardinals 13-2 0.469
32 Carolina Panthers 14-1 0.442
* Atlanta wins tiebreak vs. Washington on division record

Reminder: These are the rules for determining the draft order for the 2016 draft:
1.Teams that make the playoffs receive the last 12 draft picks from position 21-32, ordered by which round of the playoffs they were eliminated.
2.Teams that didn't make the playoffs are ordered by their regular season W/L record.
3.The tiebreaker for teams with identical records is the Strength of Schedule or Opponent W/L record. For the draft order, the lower SOS results in an earlier pick.
4.If the SOS does not resolve a tie, a division and then conference tiebreaker is used. If that fails as well, draft order is determined by a coin toss during the combine.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
This team sorely needs a Warren Sapp/Cortez Kennedy guy in the middle (sorry, Crawford).

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This team sorely needs a Warren Sapp/Cortez Kennedy guy in the middle (sorry, Crawford).

Well everybody could.

I don't think that guy is in this draft though.

Crawford has played a lot of this season with a shoulder that needs surgery to repair it, basically playing with one arm. I thought I read the other day that he still leads the team in QB pressures though.

I think he'll be pretty good once he gets the shoulder repaired.

We could use a better player next to him for sure though. That's why I suggested if he were truly a f/a, I'd sign Muhammad Wilkerson and let Hardy walk. A starting front 4 of Gregory/Wilkerson/Crawford/Lawrence would look pretty good.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Trade this years #1 and next years #1 to Jacksonville for Blake Bortles.

Top Bottom