Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't mind the hardy pick

I think he sticks around next year

He has 6.5 sacks in 10 games. The only person who has more is D Law with a half sack more than Hardy. But he has played more games than Hardy

Now that Hardy seems to have wised up and kept his mouth shut I am fine with resigning him to a short term incentive based contract like we did for this season. I just don't want to throw the entire checkbook at him which is probably what we will end up doing. Especially if he goes into beast mode these last two games to increase his value for the off season

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just didn't like the 1-year deal. They should have signed him to a longer deal or had a team option. Now, they will have to spend time signing him this off-season when they should be focused on my man Eric Berry.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I just didn't like the 1-year deal. They should have signed him to a longer deal or had a team option. Now, they will have to spend time signing him this off-season when they should be focused on my man Eric Berry.

I think all things considered, the 1yr deal was right. They knew he was a massive risk and he hasnt been a choir boy here.

I'd let him walk, he hasnt been so good that he cant be replaced.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I'd let him walk too. Gregory should be ready for a bigger role anyway. And DLaw is coming into his own..

Denver is rumored to have cap issues this offseason with Von Miller, Wolf, and a couple other guys being free agents. I wonder if they cut Ware and we could bring him in on the cheap to throw in the rotation.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What would you give up?

Let's say a few things happen:
* our scouts and front office are convinced Paxton Lynch is a legit franchise QB
* Tennessee has the #1 pick and lets it be known they will trade it to a team that wants to draft Lynch.
* Cleveland and San Francisco are in hot pursuit and will trade up and/or draft Lynch and Goff ahead of the Cowboys.
* we are drafting in the 3rd to 5th pick range.

How much or what offer do you make to move up and draft Lynch?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think all things considered, the 1yr deal was right.

agreed, its one area where I think the front office has improved. In the past, they would have given him a shit load of money guaranteed and they would be left with no leverage or escape options.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What would you offer, cmd?

Either way, recent history shows it's going to cost a fortune to move up even a few spots.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What would you offer, cmd?

Either way, recent history shows it's going to cost a fortune to move up even a few spots.

My dream is that a team in the top 10 gets desperate for Dallas's pick and gives them their #1 & 2, Dallas picks a good player (not QB) with the first pick and then free rolls on a QB in the 2nd round with one of their two second round picks.

I prefer to throw numbers at the problem. i.e. Id rather have 3 picks (one #1 & two #2's) and hit in 50% than having to give up two (or more) picks for one player with the same or worse hit rate

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
My dream is that a team in the top 10 gets desperate for Dallas's pick and gives them their #1 & 2, Dallas picks a good player (not QB) with the first pick and then free rolls on a QB in the 2nd round with one of their two second round picks.
I've even thought about maybe if we pick 5-6 or so and the top-top QBs are gone, trade down for a #1 next year plus some other picks this year. Not sure who will be at the top next year, but two first rounders should be enough to do almost anything.

Jerry's so "win now" I doubt it would happen, though.

Reaction score
What would you give up?

* our scouts and front office are convinced Paxton Lynch is a legit franchise QB
* Tennessee has the #1 pick and lets it be known they will trade it to a team that wants to draft Lynch.
* Cleveland and San Francisco are in hot pursuit and will trade up and/or draft Lynch and Goff ahead of the Cowboys.

I would want to know what the team thought about Goff.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I've even thought about maybe if we pick 5-6 or so and the top-top QBs are gone, trade down for a #1 next year plus some other picks this year. Not sure who will be at the top next year, but two first rounders should be enough to do almost anything.

I like that too but you're right, wildcatter jerri is probably too impatient to wait.

How many picks would they get in this years draft is important though. If its a late round team. Im not sure how happy I'd be with a low second and third pick but no #1 this year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What would you give up?

If they are convinced he's a franchise QB in the making, based on past deals within the top 5 you'd give up this years one and next years one. That's probably not enough to go from 5 to 1 though.

That said, I wouldn't do that type of deal with this coaching staff. I'm not convinced they'd get the most out of him, rendering the trade useless and a waste of resources.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I'd hate to see them move out of the top-10 unless the deal was really stacked in our favor.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'd hate to see them move out of the top-10 unless the deal was really stacked in our favor.

Right, I'd only do it if the QBs we really liked were already gone. If we pick top-5 and a QB we really believe in is there, take him now.

Of course how do we know we can trust our QB evaluations, but that's another story.

Top Bottom