LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Again, that fits exactly with Garrett's ultra-conservative, ultra-protective personality: Stick with the vet everyone is familiar with over the young guy who could be a total disaster. But Cassel was the disaster. Apparently Garrett is one of the worst QB evaluators of all time -- besides having tiny little raisins for balls.

What the fuck is this guy any good at? Seriously. He's a lousy QB coach. An even lousier OC. No need to mention HC. And so far... he's made like $34 million, and for what?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jason's scheme is really bad and Linehan is stuck with it. But Linehan has had carte Blanche with the running game so far this year and has nothing even remotely close to the variety and clever manipulation that Callahan had last year.

Not again. :picardfacepalm

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
But we also need a QB of the future, and if we arnt going to take one with the first pick then we need to be in position where we can take one early 2nd or perhaps trade back into late 1st and get one.

It would be sweet if some team in the top 10 got anxious and traded their 1st and 2nd pick for our pick so Dallas could use that extra pick on a QB for virtually no risk

of course they probably wouldn't do that and use it on another useless tight-end

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You don't think the team knew after 9 games or whatever Cassell played or week after week of practices. Garrett trotting out Cassell week after week after a 15 or 50 QBR loses the team. It shouldn't take that long to see that Cassell didn't have it.

they are slow as fuck in evaluating players, they hold on to Michaels for months, never use him & lose the pick by giving him playing time whereas he was in and out of the Redskins facility within a week or so

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
here are the worst records as of today, don't know how they get slotted although Im almost certain Dallas isn't #3

5X6tsVf.jpg

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think we are (3rd) based on strength of schedule

any idea how they determine strength of schedule?

I.e. do they base it on the SoS before the season (last years final rankings) or at the end of this season?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
any idea how they determine strength of schedule?

I.e. do they base it on the SoS before the season (last years final rankings) or at the end of this season?

based on w/l records after the season...when I saw this a week or so ago (up to date then) we were ahead of most of those teams on SoS

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They say "strength of schedule" but it's actually opponent's winning percentage. The NFC East being down, plus the crappy seasons by Atlanta, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, and Miami is helping us.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We need Detroit to beat New Orleans tomorrow night.

Would be nice if Chargers can beat Raiders next week, 49ers beat the Lions, Titans beat Texans (Weeden likely starting), and the Ravens somehow beat the Steelers.

Also, root for the Cardinals to beat the Packers, the Bears to beat the Buccaneers, and the Vikings to beat the Giants to drive down our opponents' winning percentage.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We need Detroit to beat New Orleans tomorrow night.

Would be nice if Chargers can beat Raiders next week, 49ers beat the Lions, Titans beat Texans (Weeden likely starting), and the Ravens somehow beat the Steelers.

Also, root for the Cardinals to beat the Packers, the Bears to beat the Buccaneers, and the Vikings to beat the Giants to drive down our opponents' winning percentage.

Wow. This is what us Cowboys' fans are reduced to. Most humbling and humiliating. And no let up in sight.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Wow. This is what us Cowboys' fans are reduced to. Most humbling and humiliating. And no let up in sight.

Son of a bitch.
It's even worse when you realize Jerry will probably trade our #1 to the Raiders for 3 5th rounders(2 futures) and Charles Woodson's ghost.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
they are slow as fuck in evaluating players, they hold on to Michaels for months, never use him & lose the pick by giving him playing time whereas he was in and out of the Redskins facility within a week or so

Speaking of losing picks...

Has anyone kept count of all the picks we've lost this year on all our failed mid and early season pick ups like c mike, butler, Cassel, and so.

I know we gave up picks on each of these guys and I'm sure there are others I can't think of right now.

Anyone been keeping track of how many of the late round picks we have lost for the next couple drafts?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Have we lost our own 5th, 6th, and 7th? I know we have some comp picks, but still. Pretty sure Cassel was a 5th, C-Mike a 7th. Can't remember on Butler.

But the postgame shows the other day were saying we ended up giving a 5th for Cassel. The Jets got Fitzpatrick for a 6th.

Edit, looked it up: We swapped our 5th for a 6th for Butler, and gave a 2017 5th for Cassel. So no 5th round pick the next two years. Those are fairly valuable picks. But I guess we have no 5th or 7th but two 6ths this year.

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
here are the worst records as of today, don't know how they get slotted although Im almost certain Dallas isn't #3

5X6tsVf.jpg

Don't they also use your divisional record to determine the picking order?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Have we lost our own 5th, 6th, and 7th? I know we have some comp picks, but still. Pretty sure Cassel was a 5th, C-Mike a 7th. Can't remember on Butler.

But the postgame shows the other day were saying we ended up giving a 5th for Cassel. The Jets got Fitzpatrick for a 6th.

I can't remember but I thought we lost a 5th next and a 7th the following for butler, or something like that

Is there a website that would show all of the picks we've traded away for the next two years?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Our 2015 5th belongs to Oakland.
Our 2015 6th belongs to San Francisco.
Our 2015 7th belongs to Seattle.

We have a 2015 6th from the Raiders. but don't worry faithful fans, the Zone has informed us that we are so good and Oakland is so bad, swapping our 5th for their 6th is only moving down a few spots. Oops.

Our 2016 5th belongs to Buffalo.

Also, the one-year rental of Greg Hardy will cost us our highest compensatory pick (for Murray).

Top Bottom