Read the OP. How do you feel about RG's injury?

• Glad it happened, but hope he recovers and plays in 2013

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Glad it happens, and hope he misses extensive time

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Largely indifferent on it.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Hated to see it happen. I want to beat opponents when their healthy.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Hated to see it happen. He's a good guy and good for the league.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other - elaborate in a response

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Admit it Bangers... you're scared RG3 might've just been Bo Jackson'd.

How pissed are you going to be after waiting 20 years for a QB, only to find one, and him being 1 year wonder before injuries and rival coaches adjusting to a gimmicky offense turn him into a shell of his former self?

BangersandMash

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Admit it Bangers... you're scared RG3 might've just been Bo Jackson'd.

How pissed are you going to be after waiting 20 years for a QB, only to find one, and him being 1 year wonder before injuries and rival coaches adjusting to a gimmicky offense turn him into a shell of his former self?

I'm not scared of a damn thing if RG3's career ended tomorrow life goes on. Why isn't the Seahawk's offense gimmicky BTW? They run the zone read with Wilson and lean on their running game to limit what he has to do. The fact is RG3 has a monster arm, has the ability to be incredibly accurate when his plant foot is even remotely healthy and other than the fact that you hope he doesn't learn to read defenses better what actual attribute does he lack to do so? Also contrary to popular belief he has made a good number of throws in which his first option wasn't wide open and on numerous occaisions he has thrown his receivers open (Moss TD on thanksgiving)

The harsh reality is he has the ability to be a great QUARTERBACK and what you're predicting is what you hope will happen.

Reaction score
I'm not scared of a damn thing if RG3's career ended tomorrow life goes on.

That's exactly what someone who was scared shitless would say. I see right through you.

Why isn't the Seahawk's offense gimmicky BTW?

Where did I say it wasn't?

The fact is RG3 has a monster arm,

So did Jeff George.

has the ability to be incredibly accurate when his plant foot is even remotely healthy

Accuracy won't matter if his one read isn't open.

and other than the fact that you hope he doesn't learn to read defenses better what actual attribute does he lack to do so?

Health, for one. And enough common sense to protect himself.

The harsh reality is he has the ability to be a great QUARTERBACK and what you're predicting is what you hope will happen.

He has the work ethic to be an above average QB in the league. But his health will fail him. I'm not just basing that off of hope. He's had two reconstructive knee surgeries on the same leg. There's physical as well as psychological affects to that. Also, he's had two concussions thus far in his short career (1 at Baylor, 1 this year).

Do I think he's going to wash out and be a nothng in the NFL? No... again, goes back to work ethic.

But I do believe that he's going to have a short career filled with what ifs. I think that Seattle game will live in infamy.

Basically, I think in 5 years, Kirk Cousins has a far better chance at being the Redskins starting QB than does RG3. Which might not be a bad thing, as he showed very well in that Cleveland game.

Reaction score
Many years ago I was told a sad story about a mother who was out with her children near a national park. The family saw a bear. Instead of attempting to avoid the bear, the mother assumed it was a friendly bear. She put jelly on the hands of one of her kids and encouraged the child to feed the bear, as if in a petting zoo. The child was killed.

I don't know if this story is true or an urban legend, but I do know that I'm reminded of this story when I think of Shanahan and RG3.

If you ask a guy with RG3's physique to routinely absorb hits in the NFL, of course he's going to get hurt.

Shanahan might as well have put jelly on RG3's hands and shoved the rookie QB into a the path of a bear. Anyone with any brains in their head knows how the story ends. Shanahan was simple-mindedly reckless in the way he used RG3. And the inevitable happened.

Moronic behavior has consequences. It is like watching Darwin in action.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
I live in DC and watched a majority of his games. He can make all the throws, and there's no reason he can't get better with time.

He is a player. The injury may force him to be a more prototypical QB but he can make all the throws. Those that think he is a tard and cannot throw do not understand football.

Couldn't be happier. Hope he's never the same.

Typical. Some roll around in others misfortunes.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Many years ago I was told a sad story about a mother who was out with her children near a national park. The family saw a bear. Instead of attempting to avoid the bear, the mother assumed it was a friendly bear. She put jelly on the hands of one of her kids and encouraged the child to feed the bear, as if in a petting zoo. The child was killed.

Obviously a liberal mommy. Not the brightest.

BangersandMash

Practice Squad
Reaction score
He is a player. The injury may force him to be a more prototypical QB but he can make all the throws. Those that think he is a tard and cannot throw do not understand football.

Typical. Some roll around in others misfortunes.

For good reason. When Rex Grossman was out a few games last year there were no celebrations or even mentions of it in numerous threads. If RG3 was as overrated as everyone says this topic wouldn't have blown up. If all he can do is run nobody should have a problem figuring him out and he would cause the Cowboys very little trouble because the NFL isn't college football in the 1980's. An injured RG3 wouldn't be good for the Cowboys if he's as bad as some people here say he is.

Reaction score
The redskins won the division for the first time in 28 years based on this two-back option. Of course having one of the backs lose his legs is good for us. We never knew which back was going to take it

Also bob griffle is a douchebag. Career record 8-8 as a starter and he wants everyone to kiss his rings? Fuck outta here

BangersandMash

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The redskins won the division for the first time in 28 years based on this two-back option. Of course having one of the backs lose his legs is good for us. We never knew which back was going to take it

Also bob griffle is a douchebag. Career record 8-8 as a starter and he wants everyone to kiss his rings? Fuck outta here

When he had a leg to plant on he shreaded you through the air too

Top Bottom