bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
The kid was an embarrassment and a burden. Even in his late 20's, he couldn't support himself without daddy's charity. I hate to say it, but Reid might be secretly glad he's gone.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The kid was an embarrassment and a burden. Even in his late 20's, he couldn't support himself without daddy's charity. I hate to say it, but Reid might be secretly glad he's gone.

That's actually a pretty good observation.

I have an uncle like that who is maybe worse. Same age as me but has never worked a day in his life and is too insane to interact with other people. I'm sure my Pap wonders what the hell is going to happen to his son once he dies. My grandmother has dementia and can barely function. If they went before him I'm sure he'd be sad but it would almost be a relief because they're a huge burden on him.

Good thoughts.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I think it's a law that every family have at least one embarrassing uncle.

As for Reid, he's not out of the woods just get. He has one more failure of a son to get rid of.

Last edited:

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Picked up some bath salts on the way home from work today, son - knock yourself out.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score

maybe he embarrassed him at first, but once you realize the kid is on heroin that is a different situation. Heroin addicts are pretty much on a one way street, and really how the hell does one function in society...

he got into some serious drug abuse....I imagine they did everything they could for him.....

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
btw, not trying to be a real asshole or anything.

but I read where the eagles and steelers are wearing a patch for garrett reid saturday night for there game. I know he was involved with the team apparently recently but isnt this a little odd?

lets be honest here, its a tragic event and I have all the sympathy in the world for the family.

but if dez bryants mom dies is everyone around the league this concerned? would the cowboys and the opposing team wear a patch? I would bet anything nationally there would just be jokes about her being on crack just like there was two weeks ago when all that stuff happened.

again, this is a rude shallow question but I think it has merit.

Reaction score
I see what you're saying. But how do you put the toothpaste back in the tube? Once it's an option how do you say no?

And there's also a chasm between management and the labor.

Reaction score
btw, not trying to be a real asshole or anything.

but I read where the eagles and steelers are wearing a patch for garrett reid saturday night for there game. I know he was involved with the team apparently recently but isnt this a little odd?

lets be honest here, its a tragic event and I have all the sympathy in the world for the family.

but if dez bryants mom dies is everyone around the league this concerned? would the cowboys and the opposing team wear a patch? I would bet anything nationally there would just be jokes about her being on crack just like there was two weeks ago when all that stuff happened.

again, this is a rude shallow question but I think it has merit.

1) Reid is highly respected around the league, and his son was part of the staff, so it's a little closer to home than someone like Joe Philbin's son

2) The NFL is scrambling to make mothers comfortable with letting their children play the sport, so this is a great opportunity to create the facade of family, values, etc. It goes beyond whether anyone really cares about the actual child. It's a nice gesture, but there's always business intent behind these things too.

Top Bottom