Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
hard to even know what went on there honestly.

I just feel like if you know someone that gets into injecting heroin with a needle, that person is signing a death sentence.

Poor kid Like every other heroin addict probably didnt even know what he was getting into. once you realize there is no going back its too addictive and destructive.

Not everyone is nikki sixx and can repeatedly overdose on injected heroin and keep on truckin.

I am curious what the police report says, Was he sick? Was he using again? if he was using how did he get drugs on the campus of an nfl camp?

the rest of the kids in the family must be pretty wrecked by this.

Reaction score
Michael Vick dedicates season to Garrett Reid
Posted by Josh Alper on August 8, 2012, 4:48 PM EDT

APReid passed on a question about such a dedication in his meeting with the media, choosing to say that he hoped his son’s death might be a rallying point for those struggling with substance abuse.

His starting quarterback saw things a little bit differently. Michael Vick spoke warmly about his coach after practice and dedicated the rest of the season to the memory of his late son Garrett.

“Our entire season will be dedicated to Garrett,” Michael Vick said, via Zach Berman of the Philadelphia Inquirer. “And I’m personally dedicating my season to coach and to my teammates. This season will be dedicated to Garrett starting tomorrow.”

Vick admitted to being surprised that Reid was back at practice on Wednesday, although he added the “fire” was in Reid’s eyes when he was on the field.

It’s been clear in the last few days that Reid and his family mean a lot to Eagles players. Vick said that when he spoke to Reid on Wednesday, he told the coach he loved him several times, and his words are a strong reflection of that. We’d be surprised if he’s the last Eagle to share similar sentiments.

:jerkoff

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Let's commemorate the short life of a rich white entitled drug addict who just couldn't cope.

Fuck off.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Ron Mexico should just STFU. Now he'll look even more stupid than usual if the Eagles get off to a slow start or bomb the season completely. If you want to do/say this, do it with your team mates behind closed doors. No point in giving the media something to pound on if things go bad.

Reaction score
I hope the season ends on a Michael Vick interception in a game they need to win to get to the post season.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
I hope the season ends on a Michael Vick interception in a game they need to win to get to the post season.

Crushing blindside hit from Ware and Lee returns the fumble to the house?

Dare to dream big, amigo.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Nothing like sociopath to dedicate a NFL season to a family member.

The reid's must be proud.

Not to be a dick but can u imagine how this would be playing out if it were wade phillip's son who had passed and a moron like Owens dedicated the season to him? It would be absurd how they would attack him. They attacked wade's daughter for being a dancer.

I feel bad for reids family, the poor kid must ave put them all through he'll fighting demons he couldn't stop. Heroin is just awful.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Andy Reid’s voice quivered a few times as he spoke to the media for the first time since his son Garrett’s death. Reid is back at Lehigh for Eagles training camp and participated in this morning’s walk through.

“I’m a football coach. That’s what I do. I know my son wouldn’t want it any other way,” Andy Reid said about his return, which comes a day after his eldest son’s funeral. Garrett Reid was part of the strength and conditioning team for the Eagles.

“Yesterday was a humbling experience. But this football team was there. I want to make sure they’re ok too,” Reid said. “I just follow my heart. The support of my family, my wife.”

“We will work through this. My family, and my football family,” Reid said when talking about both the Eagles organization and the hundreds from across the NFL who have offered their support and attended Tuesday’s funeral. Reid said he was moved by the support from the fans and the media as well, who he includes in his football family.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Might just be a coping mechanism. Either that or he's over it already. I'll be interested to see what the autopsy says.

Reaction score
I think it's pretty fucked up that he's already back coaching...anyone else agree?

He overeats and throws himself in his work. That's how he copes. That's how he lives. It is probably all that he knows to do.

It strikes me as rather sad.

Reaction score
He took a longer leave when drugs were found in the home.

Maybe they were mentally preparing themselves for this outcome for awhile

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
he was part of the strength and conditioning team?

how in the world did he die in his room? He must have had a stroke or something.

Reaction score
Andy Reid says he's a football coach and his son wouldn't want it any other way.

Yeah, I bet your son probably wishes things had turned out a little differently. Call it a hunch.

Reaction score
I think it's pretty fucked up that he's already back coaching...anyone else agree?

When we was going down the team injury list a day after his son died, it just seemed a little too soon. It’s like in his head he thought “my son is dead, what a shame...i wonder who else i should put on the injury list?”

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I know right?

Sorry we just lost our son honey I'm back off to practice and meetings all day!

Top Bottom