Reaction score
JasonLaCanfora
Roseman says it is with great sadness that Coach Reid's oldest son was found dead this morning. Team was informed this morning

--------

Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Isnt this the kid that was arrested and sent to prison for drugs? Rehab? Pretty sure it is. Guy was pretty messed up

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Sad as this is, with the kids history and everything Reid did to help him. This was probably seen as the outcome for a while now.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I hate the Eagles but my sympathy for Coach Reid and his family.
I can tell you even when you see it coming it doesn't hurt less.

Reaction score
‏@Jeff_McLane
Andy Reid addressed the #Eagles yesterday around noon. "It was very surprising how business-like he still was," Jason Kelce said.

--------

I really think Andy Reid is a shit parent. I don't think he gives a fuck about his kids. I think that's how they ended up deep in guns and drugs in the first place, because their dad was never around.

Back when the two sons were arrested for seperate incidents in 2007, it was reported that the Reid household was really bad. A lot of drugs. Not Andy, but you know, the kids, etc.

When that happened, he took a "leave of absence" from the team for like 4 days.

Now, his kid dies, and he shows no emotion and takes a day off?

Guy doesn't give a shit about anything but his career.

I'm being incredibly judgemental, but something isn't right.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Meh, maybe.

Theres no right or wrong way to deal with that kind of shit.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You may be right, Mid. I'm inclined to believe the way you do. But you know how these football coaches are, they're incredibly macho and even militant about separating their personal lives from their professional ones, so maybe Reid is just really compartmentalizing this.

And I dunno, back in the day a lot of dads were way more hands off than they are today and most kids turned out fine. Once upon a time the thinking was that the job came first and the mom was supposed to more or less handle bringing up the kids. Way they were raised.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Seems likely Reid is a shitty parent. But who knows. Normal reaction to something like this is I need to take time away from football and take care of my family, but Reid I'm sure feels like he's responsible for 100 employees on his team.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
There comes a point where you players replace your kids in your life. I should know, I coached at Arizona University.

Reaction score
There is always a trade off. Making alot of money and being successful can cost you alot time away from your family. We don’t know the inside details to know why his kids were a mess. He does have 3 others, maybe they came out ok?

Top Bottom