English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
And it's 26 million this yr if they were to cut him or trade him post June 1st.

They save 29 million in cap space if that happened.

Of course trading him post June 1 means no draft picks this yr, but they could certainly be loaded up for 2025 with the draft haul for him plus the 4 comp picks we have coming.
That's right. $26m in dead money this year and $26m again next year if they designate him as a post June 1st cut.

A trade isn't going to happen. Dak has a no trade clause. And I can't see him giving that up, as being a FA next year is potentially going to very lucrative for him.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That's right. $26m in dead money this year and $26m again next year if they designate him as a post June 1st cut.

A trade isn't going to happen. Dak has a no trade clause. And I can't see him giving that up, as being a FA next year is potentially going to very lucrative for him.
A trade could be lucrative NOW though as a new contract would almost assuredly have to be part of any deal to get him to waive the no trade clause.

The no trade cause makes it more difficult to trade him, but it's not impossible. Plus I'm sure he'd love to go to a couple of teams that might be most interested in him (Vikings and Raiders come to mind immediately)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Don't want either of these guys here.

So that probably means Jerry will sign both and say "see, we are taking the RB position VERY seriously"

Unfortunately, if Gehlken is putting this out there it's probably because he got whispers that signing one of these two is somewhat imminent.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So now our 1st, 2nd and 3rd picks in last year’s draft will all be coming off of surgeries coming into this season.

This year keeps getting more and more promising and we get closer to the start of the season.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Well, he has already done less with more. Might as well see how doing more with less turns out.

Can’t be much worse than the shellacking we took at the hands of Green Bay in the playoffs last season.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like Gehlken really nailed it with his prediction of the Cowboys signing several free agents this week.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I gotta say…

After the ass kicking we took from Green Bay in the playoffs last season and the inactivity so far this off season I have nearly zero interest in anything this team does before the season starts.

This is the least I have cared about this team at this point in the season in the past 20+ years.

Watching as our team gets worse with all the departures, and seeing the team do almost nothing to get better and fix our glaring weaknesses from the Green Bay game has completely ruined this off season for me.

Right about now I would be listening and watching anything draft related and trying to figure out who we should pick in the first 3 rounds.

But as it stand now, I honestly don’t give a shit this year!

Nothing we do will change our post season outcome anyway.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Maybe Prescott will hold out or get injured

That seems to be the only way things will change.

Dream scenario here
Dak gets a hang nail that keeps him out for 4-6 weeks. This allows Lance to come in and ball out and win the starting job like Dak did to Tony when he got hurt. Then at the end of the season we let Dak walk without even making him an offer. Trey is our new franchise QB.

All is right in the world

Then we would have to make Trey the highest paid QB next season instead of Dak

Oh happy times

Top Bottom