dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We shall see. They came up incredibly small v the Niners. This is a big test to see if this team has learned anything from that and can prove it can step up in big games.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I have a bad feeling about this game

We drafted Mazzi to help us stop the run because of what Philly and San Fran did to us in the run game last year.

Mazzi hasn’t panned out yet. I suspect he will get there eventually. But he hasn’t made the impact we would expect from a first round pick.

I have a feeling Hurts is going to get a number of big runs at key parts of the game which will be back breaking.

Having LVE out is going to hurt us this week.

Until we prove we can contain running QB’s and the run game in general, we don’t stand much of a chance at getting any further than we have in the past 25 plus years.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Our D is going to harass Hurts. I'm pretty confident of that. But Hurts will also make plays and we'll need Dak to go toe to toe with Hurts and make plays as well.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
IMHO, the Eagles have a 7-1 record because they are kind of an old-school team that makes plays when plays need to be made. F the stats sheet.

It doesn't need to look pretty. 3rd and 2 and they get the first down. they can chew clock, which makes the other team passes to stay close and try to get more possessions.

The difference is that in the old days of 9 to 3 scores, even if one team had the ball for an 8 minute drive, the other team would also try to establish the run and go for their own 8 minute drive. The idea then was passing creates more opportunities for turnovers.

Now the other team passes.

I see the Eagles as a hard nosed, old school, black and blue team that can beat you up.

And, IMHO, all these people calling for the Tush Push to be banned are full of it. It's old school. Line up and smash.

When the NIners made the West Coast famous the LBs were not yet adept at covering backs. They were run stuffers. So the NIners had a huge advantage. Nobody said the West Coast should be banned. Defenses had to adjust.

When Landry brought back the Shotgun, nobody said it should be banned.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
When the NIners made the West Coast famous the LBs were not yet adept at covering backs. They were run stuffers. So the NIners had a huge advantage. Nobody said the West Coast should be banned. Defenses had to adjust.

When Landry brought back the Shotgun, nobody said it should be banned.
You don't understand. All of the above was before Madden video game. They want the actual game to be, that.

daboyz

📣 Cheerleader 🙆‍♂️
Reaction score
Should the Egals win, I hope they'll join Arizona & San Fran by not winning anymore games after defeating Dallas! :geek:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I have a bad feeling about this game

We drafted Mazzi to help us stop the run because of what Philly and San Fran did to us in the run game last year.

Mazzi hasn’t panned out yet. I suspect he will get there eventually. But he hasn’t made the impact we would expect from a first round pick.

I have a feeling Hurts is going to get a number of big runs at key parts of the game which will be back breaking.

Having LVE out is going to hurt us this week.

Until we prove we can contain running QB’s and the run game in general, we don’t stand much of a chance at getting any further than we have in the past 25 plus years.
Mazi wasn't drafted to contain running QB's, or stop most RB runs.

And he was never going to be much help in that department.

Top Bottom