Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Well he didnt lose the game, so there's that. Like I said pregame, my opinion of him isnt changing. He isnt the guy.

But he was essentially the entire offense last night.

Dak had a nice game. Perhaps the designed run got his feet moving, and I'm not referring to the scrambles, He used his feet well to throw the ball. He wasn't flat footed.

But, would Dak have made a couple of those plays where he escaped to his right side had Bosa been there? It's hard to know, but I would guess that a healthy Bosa would have done a better job cutting that off.

Of course, yes, the Cowboys also have injured players, players missing etc.

But I still think the Chargers beat themselves. And say what you want about Jason Garrett, but the Chargers should have hired Garrett over Staley. If Garrett is a "joke" then I don't know what word to use to describe Staley.

Staley's penchant for taking unnecessary risks by going for it has cost the Chargers dearly. If I were the GM I would tell Staley to take a lesson from Tom Landry and take the FG.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
she love dbair long time

View attachment 12154
On a side note, it is sad that we've created a society in which people can't even go to a game and enjoy it because the person might become a meme.

I went to a Bills game once. It was freezing and I was shivering. The cameraman decided to focus on me. My buddy and I were sitting almost at the very top of the stadium, so it was even colder up there.

Luckily, it was before social media.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He's the entire offense because teams force him to beat them. They stack the line to stop the run. It's a winning formula.
Honestly I didnt see the Chargers stacking the line much last night. They were stoning our run game with 6 guys in the box most of the time.

Last two games have been a disaster for this OL as a group.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He just can't pull the trigger.......................

Yep, bad miss there.

The numbers clearly show it, they should be featuring Lamb and Ferguson in this passing scheme. And they arnt doing it enough. Coaches need to implant that into Prescott's brain. THOSE TWO GUYS are your primary reads, and it should be that way almost every play.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Overshown might have been the only drafted player who could have had a real year 1 impact. Of course, there's always a lot of hype on Cowboys players, so it's hard to say.

Overshawn would not have been the first player to get lots of positive pub in preseason only to disappear in the regular season. But if the hype is to be believed, then yes, I agree.
He looked sensational in preseason. Tremendous speed and sideline to sideline play ability.

He was a great pick, damn shame he got hurt.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Remember that crazy Chargers fan they kept showing during the broadcast on Monday night?

It turns out she’s a fake, just like everything else in Los Angeles
a9010ca7b25d6937f582482277dc33ad.jpg

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
PFF grades for Chargers game:

OFFENSE
  1. Dak Prescott – 90.0 (64 snaps)
  2. CeeDee Lamb – 86.5 (54 snaps)
  3. Tyron Smith – 70.0 (64 snaps)
  4. Brandin Cooks – 68.0 (50 snaps)
  5. Tony Pollard – 65.4 (51 snaps)
  6. Zack Martin – 61.6 (64 snaps)
  7. Tyler Biadasz – 60.0 (64 snaps)
  8. Tyler Smith – 59.7 (64 snaps)
  9. Jalen Brooks – 59.4 (5 snaps)
  10. KaVontae Turpin – 59.1 (2 snaps)
  11. Sean McKeon – 56.9 (8 snaps)
  12. Jalen Tolbert – 54.2 (15 snaps)
  13. Terence Steele – 53.7 (64 snaps)
  14. Michael Gallup – 52.4 (45 snaps)
  15. Rico Dowdle – 51.3 (10 snaps)
  16. Hunter Luepke – 50.6 (8 snaps)
  17. Jake Ferguson – 48.3 (55 snaps)
  18. Luke Schoonmaker – 43.5 (17 snaps)
DEFENSE
  1. Osa Odighizuwa – 92.1 (44 snaps)
  2. Markquese Bell – 91.3 (39 snaps)
  3. DeMarcus Lawrence – 91.0 (47 snaps)
  4. Micah Parsons – 89.6 (67 snaps)
  5. Damone Clark – 75.3 (71 snaps)
  6. Jayron Kearse – 70.9 (59 snaps)
  7. Donovan Wilson – 68.1 (54 snaps)
  8. Mazi Smith – 67.7 (18 snaps)
  9. Neville Gallimore – 63.6 (19 snaps)
  10. Johnathan Hankins – 58.6 (31 snaps)
  11. Stephon Gilmore – 53.6 (72 snaps)
  12. Dorance Armstrong – 49.3 (32 snaps)
  13. Jourdan Lewis – 48.1 (64 snaps)
  14. DaRon Bland – 47.0 (72 snaps)
  15. Chauncey Golston – 46.7 (19 snaps)
  16. Tyrus Wheat – 46.1 (5 snaps)
  17. Dante Fowler – 45.5 (11 snaps)
  18. Malik Hooker – 43.7 (56 snaps)
  19. Sam “Just Wanna Be Free” Williams – 41.2 (12 snaps)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Huge break for the Cowboys if this ends up being true. Williams has been really good for the Rams and is currently 4th in the league in rushing yards.

Source: Rams RB Kyren Williams expected to miss multiple games​

• ESPN
Oct 18, 2023, 10:14 AM ET

Los Angeles Rams running back Kyren Williams is expected to miss multiple games but should be back, at the latest, after their Week 10 bye, a source told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler on Wednesday.

Williams suffered an ankle sprain in Sunday's 26-9 victory over the Arizona Cardinals, a game in which he rushed for a career-high 158 yards and a touchdown. A source had previously told ESPN's Adam Schefter that Williams was expected to miss at least Sunday's game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Running back Ronnie Rivers also was injured in Sunday's game, sustaining a knee injury.

On Monday, McVay didn't give a specific timeline for their return, saying only that "the initial prognosis looks like it's going to be challenging for those guys in the immediate future."

As a result of the injuries, the Rams elevated Royce Freeman to the active roster and signed Darrell Henderson, who was waived by the team last season, to the practice squad. In addition, the Rams signed running back Myles Gaskin off the Minnesota Vikings' practice squad and added him to their active roster, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Tuesday.

McVay on Monday said the Rams are still "working through" the plan without Williams and Rivers but noted that rookie running back Zach Evans got the first carries after the injuries Sunday.

Through six games this season, Williams has 456 rushing yards on 97 carries and 105 receiving yards on 13 catches.
The second-year player came into the season as the Rams' No. 2 back but, after the opener, earned the No. 1 spot. Cam Akers, who began the season as the starter, was inactive in Week 2 and then traded to the Vikings, leaving Williams as the clear lead back.

Williams has seven total touchdowns this season (six rushing, one receiving).

Top Bottom