dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Amazing factoid from the game. We ended up almost even on TOP despite LAC having the ball virtually the entire 3rd qtr. (they had 30:08, we had 29:52)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Definitely has more speed than LVE or Damone Clark. Made a number of really good plays tonight.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Definitely should have had one, and probably two picks today.

Turning into a really good player, does need to clean up the double move thing though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Refs completely blew this. The rules state a member from the kicking team cannot block/push a member of the receiving team into the returner.

On top of that there's the blatantly obvious hands to the face or facemask call that everyone can see.

And for good measure, the ESPN ref "expert" totally blew the explanation during the replay.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Like I said there was nothing he could do to change my ultimate opinion of him, but will give him his due. He played pretty good tonight when almost nobody else did.

He especially got no help from the OL, which was God awful run blocking and pass blocking.

Hats off to defense for coming up big on final drive. Would have held them to 10 pts tonight if not for one clusterfuck punt return play.

Earth to David.....Earth to David.......come in David........

Dak could have put the game away on multiple occasions and blew it.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Definitely has more speed than LVE or Damone Clark. Made a number of really good plays tonight.

Too small to play LB consistently. It will catch up to us and him. Long season. We'll need LVE's big man presence.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Earth to David.....Earth to David.......come in David........

Dak could have put the game away on multiple occasions and blew it.
Well he didnt lose the game, so there's that. Like I said pregame, my opinion of him isnt changing. He isnt the guy.

But he was essentially the entire offense last night.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I still say Turpin ultimately fucked this up and should have just ran away, but the statement by the NFL pool reporter after the game saying "The Cowboy player is actively blocking the kicking team player" is pretty fucking lame. Who's blocking who here? It looks like the Chargers guy is using Tolberts facemask to shove him backwards (which in itself should have been a penalty). That part (the missed facemask) was not reviewable, but reviewing it to see that Tolbert was not the guy "blocking" could have been. Instead they only focused on Turpin not touching the ball and then Tolbert trying to track the ball down (because he thought it was touched).

The referee is RIGHT THERE looking at the obvious facemask stuff, and doesn't call it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Too small to play LB consistently. It will catch up to us and him. Long season. We'll need LVE's big man presence.
Rashan Evans will likely be active and probably in the starting lineup vs the Rams in two weeks.

But I do like what we saw of Bell, who only started playing that role after Overshown blew out his knee in preseason.

That by the way was a huge loss, he looked like a really, really good player and would have had a signficant role all year on this D.

But Bell looked really good last night.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Like I said in other thread, not sure exactly what he means here. Is he saying he wants to be traded or that he wants more PT? But the dude is stupid either way.

Top Bottom