Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So much for Diggs and Gilmore locking down each side of the field this season.

This one is definitely going to hurt us

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Biadasz hurt too, MRI for hamstring injury.

Every year this team gets ransacked by fucking injuries.

Diggs is a massive loss and though unlikely, it's possible we will lineup Sunday in Arizona with three backup interior OL in the starting lineup.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
gilmore, lewis, and bland will have to be enough... sprinkle in some eric scott maybe ?
IIRC the guy we traded Bossman Fat for they liked because they thought he had talent to play outside CB.

He scored the TD on the blocked FG in week one, was inactive last week. He might get a chance to resurrect his career now. Mukuamu may get more snaps at CB or nickel now. Eric Scott did not look ready at all during preseason.

Other possibility might be free agency or trade.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
f9fc69a589026b3deb807cf3a161b787.jpg

Ya just gotta love Micah!

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Igbinoghene is a former 1st rounder. I imagine he has some talent and some experience that would put him ahead of Scott.

This is certainly a blow. But, we have the talent to overcome it. Yet, a team has only so much depth.

The only bright side is that the injury happened early enough that a trade, even if we need to pay more than "the trade chart" is possible.

Why pay more? Because our window of opportunity isn't forever.

On a side note, I am surprised Nashon's brother (Rejzohn Wright) isn't good enough to catch on with a team--not even a practice squad.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Trying to stash players on the PS is risky. I still say that Will Grier is better than Cooper Rush.
Apparently almost nobody in the league agrees with you.

And the Pats only signed him because 1) they play us next week and 2) Belichick literally has no confidence in any of his QB's (especially the backups)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Igbinoghene is a former 1st rounder. I imagine he has some talent and some experience that would put him ahead of Scott.

This is certainly a blow. But, we have the talent to overcome it. Yet, a team has only so much depth.

The only bright side is that the injury happened early enough that a trade, even if we need to pay more than "the trade chart" is possible.

Why pay more? Because our window of opportunity isn't forever.

On a side note, I am surprised Nashon's brother (Rejzohn Wright) isn't good enough to catch on with a team--not even a practice squad.
IIRC Quinn said one of the reasons they liked Igbinoghene (over Joseph) was because they felt like he had more upside as an outside CB. He may get his chance.

Bland is an outstanding nickel CB and like Diggs, has playmaking ability (albeit not at that level) but I do wonder if he'll be exposed some by better WR's. Not sure what we are going to get from Lewis, he had a major injury and literally just came back. I think he had 10 plays last week and they mentioned they had him on a snap count.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
We're fucked. Time of death: September 21, 2023. Oh, we'll still win some reg season games, but you can't reach the promised land when you lose your #1 corner. Sorry.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We're fucked. Time of death: September 21, 2023. Oh, we'll still win some reg season games, but you can't reach the promised land when you lose your #1 corner. Sorry.

If we didn’t have DQ as the DC I would be much more concerned. Diggs is a HUGE loss!

But having DQ gives me much more confidant that we can still be dominant on defense.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We still have a strong pass rush but yeah, losing him really hurts us against teams like San Fran, Philly, Miami and others. Teams with multiple great receivers.

I think Bland is outstanding in his nickel/slot CB role, but am concerned over him playing outside all the time against the other team's best receivers. As good as Gilmore is, he is not in the same conversation as Diggs in terms of how good he is now, so it's gonne hurt for sure.

Top Bottom