Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
the whole team should be embarrassed

they looked like the garrett cowboys , which is about the worst thing you can say about a football team. DAL redzone offense is still bad and thats definitely not a death blow to a successful playoff run. great teams always kick field goals in the redzone......................

DAL defense did not show up... thought they would win in a landslide.. didnt give a fuck about run D. quinn didn't give them any help w/ the playcalls. clusterfuck all over the place

hopefully they come to play angry vs. the patriots
"We the Hot Boyz". "We're coming."

I wish players would win a Super Bowl before opening their mouths.

The Giants are not as bad as they showed and the Cowboys are not as good. Sometimes a team will commit a comedy of errors and I think that's what happened to the Giants. Sometimes the other team will get lucky and have the right play called when one of those errors happens, and voila, you have a blowout.

Now, what happened to the Broncos yesterday is on a totally different level. Sean Payton looked distraught. I watched his interview because I was curious.

Dallas needs to stop worrying about getting stats like sacks and focus on stopping the run.

It is sacrilegious to bring up Parsons and LT until Parsons gets a ring. My memory is hazy, but I don't think that misdirection ever gave LT an all game problem.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score

I know there are others on here who are roughly my age. I'm 59. Some basics of football have not disappeared.

it has long been said that an OL takes a couple of years to gel. So we can't expect an OL with 4 new players who were even here last year to be inserted and start playing like the Great Wall. It's going to affect the red zone.

YEAH, but what about the first 2 games when Dallas had all the starters except for Tyler Smith?

Okay, again, a fundamental of the NFL that goes way back to when I first watched the Cowboys in 1972 is that when installing a new offense, it takes a while.

Now add to that, Ferguson is still finding his way and it's his first year in the offense, Schoonmaker is a rookie, etc and it should not surprise anyone that we are not looking like a well oiled machine in the red zone.

Barring injury we will improve. Chill. The SB isn't played in September.

I am far more worried about a D that can't stop the run and has a hard time with misdirection! They better get that shit fixed in a hurry.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
said the same thing after that hideous loss to Denver a few years ago. "We won't get full of ourselves ever again!" yeah, right.
Where do you think Dak gets it from? He's the same way every time he throws a stupid game killing interception.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This team came out uninspired, unprepared, unwilling to put forth the effort needed to win.

It showed on all levels. Even Micah who is usually the mouthpiece out there getting the D fired up looked like he would rather be somewhere else doing something else besides playing the game.

Stephon Gilmore looked off
Brandon Cooks could never really get going
The run defense took a beating and looked like they wanted nothing to do with string the run

There was no intensity on the sidelines. Usually the guys are yacking it up and getting each other fired up. You didn’t see that this game.

Other that our run game, kicker, and MG the rest of the team shit the bed.

16 penalties with bunch of them being Pre-Snap falls back on coaching, or the lack there of.

If this team plays like this against the Niners in week 5 or Miami in week 16 we may just set a new record for most points given up in a single game like the Broncos just about did this past week.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Fat Mike and Payton lived down to their reputations yesterday
At least Fat Mike isnt 0-3 and just suffered one of the biggest beat downs in history of NFL

Fat Mike didnt cost us a 1st and 2nd rd pick either.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It is sacrilegious to bring up Parsons and LT until Parsons gets a ring. My memory is hazy, but I don't think that misdirection ever gave LT an all game problem.
You do know LT didn't get a ring until his 6th yr in the league right?

I don't think it's sacrilegious to mention them in the same breath yet, LT was LT from the first day he entered the league. He won rookie of the yr and defensive player of the year for a team that made the playoffs as a WC. Just because he didn't have a ring didn't mean he wasn't dominant. Just like Parsons, just because he doesn't have a ring yet doesn't mean he can't be talked about with some of the best ever. He is definitely tracking in that direction.

Most people also don't remember but with LT, he didn't get double digit sacks until his 4th yr in the league.

LT was also coached by two of the best defensive minds in Parcells and Belichick, and the scheme he played in was different. Belichick may be the best defensive coach ever, so when he says Parsons has a lot of similarities to LT (whom he coached) it carries some weight. Others that cover the league and have for a long time make similar comparisons or statements.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
For the Cardinals game.

Top Five Offensive Players (played majority of snaps)
  1. Tyler Smith - 84.4
  2. Michael Gallup - 74.7
  3. Tony Pollard - 72.1
  4. Terence Steele - 71.5
  5. Jake Ferguson - 68.0
Bottom Five Offensive Players (played majority of snaps)
  1. T.J. Bass - 39.7
  2. Dak Prescott - 48.9
  3. Brock Hoffman - 54.0
  4. Brandin Cooks - 56.8
  5. CeeDee Lamb - 59.1
Top Five Defensive Players (played majority of snaps)
  1. DeMarcus Lawrence - 87.3
  2. Jourdan Lewis - 70.9
  3. Stephon Gilmore - 70.1
  4. Micah Parsons - 67.9
  5. Osa Odighizuwa - 65.1
Bottom Five Defensive Players (played majority of snaps)
  1. Jayron Kearse - 34.8
  2. Damone Clark - 45.7
  3. Johnathan Hankins - 48.5
  4. Leighton Vander Esch - 48.5
  5. Donovan Wilson - 49.6

Top Bottom