dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
he's had a nice career & is one of the few 2nd round jeri-gambles that worked out
He wasnt really a gamble. Everyone had him rated as a late 1st or 2nd rd pick.

We traded up into the early 2nd rd of that draft to get him. We traded a 2 and 3 to Washington to get the 2nd pick of the 2nd rd. We didnt do much else in that draft but our first 3 picks were good players. Zack Martin, D Law and Anthony Hitchens.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He wasnt really a gamble. Everyone had him rated as a late 1st or 2nd rd pick.

We traded up into the early 2nd rd of that draft to get him. We traded a 2 and 3 to Washington to get the 2nd pick of the 2nd rd. We didnt do much else in that draft but our first 3 picks were good players. Zack Martin, D Law and Anthony Hitchens.

I meant it was in the era when jeri was gambling seemingly every year with second round pics so Law proved to be the exception, not the rule among all those gambles (although Sean Lee might also qualify but perhaps could have been obtained with a lower pick given his injury concerns). Considering Jeri’s track record in this context, I found it hard at the time not to conclude it wasnt another over~reach and overuse of draft picks

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is our shit or get off the pot moment

This game will determine who we are, and more importantly who we are not!

We are either “that” team who can never win when it matters most. Which is who we have shown ourselves to be over nearly the past 3 decades.

Will we be saying (in the immortal words of Dennis Green)
“They are who we thought they were” after the game?

Or are we that team that appears to have taken that next step?

We will have a better idea after Sunday night.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This is our shit or get off the pot moment

This game will determine who we are, and more importantly who we are not!

We are either “that” team who can never win when it matters most. Which is who we have shown ourselves to be over nearly the past 3 decades.

Will we be saying (in the immortal words of Dennis Green)
“They are who we thought they were” after the game?

Or are we that team that appears to have taken that next step?

We will have a better idea after Sunday night.
If they want to have any shot at winning the division (or the 1st/2nd seed) then yeah, it's pretty much a must win.

That said, if we beat Philly and then both teams win out the rest of the season, they'll still win the NFC East and we'll be the 5th seed.

I actually don't believe either team (us or Philly) is going to win out after this game. Our schedule is brutal (at Bills, at Dolphins, Lions, Foreskins) whereas Philly appears to have a much easier schedule (at Seattle, Giants, Cardinals, at Giants) but I don't think Philly is anywhere near as good as their record and will slip up once, if not twice to finish the season.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If they want to have any shot at winning the division (or the 1st/2nd seed) then yeah, it's pretty much a must win.

That said, if we beat Philly and then both teams win out the rest of the season, they'll still win the NFC East and we'll be the 5th seed.

I actually don't believe either team (us or Philly) is going to win out after this game. Our schedule is brutal (at Bills, at Dolphins, Lions, Foreskins) whereas Philly appears to have a much easier schedule (at Seattle, Giants, Cardinals, at Giants) but I don't think Philly is anywhere near as good as their record and will slip up once, if not twice to finish the season.

That loss to the Cardinals is what’s going to keep us from any shot at the tie breaker

With all else equal, it will fall to conference wins. And unless Philly loses one of the two remaining games to the NYG then it’s over. That’s assuming we win out as well.

If we didn’t lose that Cards game we would have stood a fair chance at taking the division if we beat them tomorrow.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That loss to the Cardinals is what’s going to keep us from any shot at the tie breaker

With all else equal, it will fall to conference wins. And unless Philly loses one of the two remaining games to the NYG then it’s over. That’s assuming we win out as well.

If we didn’t lose that Cards game we would have stood a fair chance at taking the division if we beat them tomorrow.
Well Philly lost to the Zack Wilson Jets.

It's an AFC game but it's still a loss, if Philly ends up losing the division by a game I guess everybody should be doing the same for them in regards to that game. "Well if we hadnt lost to the damn jets"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This guy is a complete fucking loser.

First it's comparing the "teamwork" of 9/11 terrorists and now this.

Sean McDermott Says Von Miller Will Play Sunday, "I’m a Football Coach, I’m Not an Investigator"​

Top Bottom