dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I'm not sure why people keep slobbering all over every move Philly makes. Their pass defense has been horrendous since they traded for the Titans safety.

The pick he got was a terrible throw by Mahomes and the rest of Philly's "success" vs KC was due to dropped wide open throws by the receivers and TE's, including a bomb that should have been the game winner.

They gave up 31 pts and nearly 400 yards to Sam Howell and Prescott got 370+ and barely missed winning the game in the end.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've been a fan since 75 so have seen many Thanksgiving games for us, but this one still remains my favorite.

1990. We had upset the Rams the previous Sunday and were playing a quality Washington team that would ultimately make the playoffs again. This was the 2nd win of the late season 4 game winning streak, and we nearly made the playoffs in Jimmy's 2nd yr. (I think we def would have had Aikman not gotten hurt early in the Philly game week 15)

Great post buddy. Some things that stuck out to me......first, Aikman out of the shotgun? I'd bet that was one of the few times he took a shotgun snap and just something I was thinking about a week or two ago so it surprised me. You could tell we had some playmakers but man some guy on the D were slow. Jimmy was going to churn that roster.......Madden and Summerall were special. The best in the business even to this day and everyone else pales in comparison. Madden changed the way the games were announced and analyzed. He made the average guy understand the game better by seeing things most people wouldn't even look at like OL play and drawing his little doohickeys on the screen. And he did it right after the play without the benefit of instant replay. He just brought a different element to the booth and Summerall was his PERFECT, even keeled, sidekick. Great post buddy and thanks for sharing.............

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
They should have never changed it to begin with.

Neither should the fucking Indians in MLB, or any other fucking team.
Especially when the Indians (Indian is simply the anglicized word for the Spanish word indigena, which means indigenous) per polling, had no problem with the word Redskins. It's dumb liberal whites who have the problem.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Great post buddy. Some things that stuck out to me......first, Aikman out of the shotgun? I'd bet that was one of the few times he took a shotgun snap and just something I was thinking about a week or two ago so it surprised me. You could tell we had some playmakers but man some guy on the D were slow. Jimmy was going to churn that roster.......Madden and Summerall were special. The best in the business even to this day and everyone else pales in comparison. Madden changed the way the games were announced and analyzed. He made the average guy understand the game better by seeing things most people wouldn't even look at like OL play and drawing his little doohickeys on the screen. And he did it right after the play without the benefit of instant replay. He just brought a different element to the booth and Summerall was his PERFECT, even keeled, sidekick. Great post buddy and thanks for sharing.............
Yeah most people forgot Aikman actually did have some plays out of the shotgun in 89 and 90, Dave Shula was the OC then and liked the formation. When Norv came in in 1991 they dumped it until Chan Gailey brought it back in 1998.

Yep, when you see what we had on defense in 1990 and then compare it to just two yrs later, almost a complete makeover.

And totally agree about Madden and Summerall. Miss those guys calling the games for CBS and then FOX. Especially miss them from doing our games from 90-95ish. It was just different.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I dont think he has much left but FWIW, supposedly we are going to have interest. Guys covering Cowboys have been on this for two days now too.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I've been a fan since 75 so have seen many Thanksgiving games for us, but this one still remains my favorite.

1990. We had upset the Rams the previous Sunday and were playing a quality Washington team that would ultimately make the playoffs again. This was the 2nd win of the late season 4 game winning streak, and we nearly made the playoffs in Jimmy's 2nd yr. (I think we def would have had Aikman not gotten hurt early in the Philly game week 15)

Emmitt's rookie yr and his biggest game of the seaso with 132 yds on 23 carries and 2 tds.. Troy threw two picks but otherwise had a great game, throwing 1 TD to Irvin and standing in there under a pretty strong Washington pass rush all game. Emmitt sealed the win with his 48 yd TD run in the 4th qtr, breaking free from Darrell Green to get into the endzone. It was kind of the game where I felt like we had finally re-arrived to real relevance in the NFL. We'd beat New Orleans the following week and then destroyed the Cardinals (Emmitt scored 4 tds that day).

Unreal how fast 30+ years flew by, I was 26 years old and man was that era a blast.....until jeri fucked it all up

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This is a huge jump from overnight.

Line opened at 10.5 Sunday evening. There's also rumblings Rivera will be fired after this game.

Edit- it's now 13.5

Top Bottom