dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Sure would be nice to start the Thanksgiving Day game thread......

Maveric neglecting his duties again.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
  • Spread: Cowboys (-11)
  • Moneyline: Cowboys (-600); Commanders (+425)
  • Over/under: 48.5
I'm cautiously optimistic on this one. Dak will put up a good stat line, Lamb will have another big day, the defense will give up yardage to Robinson but sack Howell a half dozen times and score another touchdown. 34-11 Dallas.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Sure would be nice to start the Thanksgiving Day game thread......

Maveric neglecting his duties again.

Just got it up. Was planning on doing it earlier today, but holiday week routing is a bitch...

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Why didn't the Redskins go with a name like Apache, Comanche, Tribe, or something along those lines and then just return to their arrowhead symbol?

The name Commanders is stupid! Honestly, I think I like The Football Team better.

Mustang1

0le Ball Coach
Reaction score
  • Spread: Cowboys (-11)
  • Moneyline: Cowboys (-600); Commanders (+425)
  • Over/under: 48.5
I'm cautiously optimistic on this one. Dak will put up a good stat line, Lamb will have another big day, the defense will give up yardage to Robinson but sack Howell a half dozen times and score another touchdown. 34-11 Dallas.
This game is one in which McCarthy and crew better coach hard. There can be no let up. Time to show that we belong in the playoffs and can win consistently. Last two games mean nothing if they lay an egg in this game. This is the kind of game Jimmy Johnson would put the accelerator down. I hope McCarthy knows how important it is to win this game decisively. There needs to be a sense of urgency and the tone needs to be set from the start. All business!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Why didn't the Redskins go with a name like Apache, Comanche, Tribe, or something along those lines and then just return to their arrowhead symbol?

The name Commanders is stupid! Honestly, I think I like The Football Team better.
They should have never changed it to begin with.

Neither should the fucking Indians in MLB, or any other fucking team.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I've been a fan since 75 so have seen many Thanksgiving games for us, but this one still remains my favorite.

1990. We had upset the Rams the previous Sunday and were playing a quality Washington team that would ultimately make the playoffs again. This was the 2nd win of the late season 4 game winning streak, and we nearly made the playoffs in Jimmy's 2nd yr. (I think we def would have had Aikman not gotten hurt early in the Philly game week 15)

Emmitt's rookie yr and his biggest game of the seaso with 132 yds on 23 carries and 2 tds.. Troy threw two picks but otherwise had a great game, throwing 1 TD to Irvin and standing in there under a pretty strong Washington pass rush all game. Emmitt sealed the win with his 48 yd TD run in the 4th qtr, breaking free from Darrell Green to get into the endzone. It was kind of the game where I felt like we had finally re-arrived to real relevance in the NFL. We'd beat New Orleans the following week and then destroyed the Cardinals (Emmitt scored 4 tds that day).

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i like the convo at the end when micah is talking to bland about bland and sam williams next contract

Top Bottom