Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

This is the kind of stuff that's extremely frustrating. The best pass rusher in the game can't get a call even on the obvious holds. Thast tells me a little something (well, a lot....).

Also, teams like the Eagles, Niners and NE (back in the day) benefited from very agressive play by their DB's. It's their style of play. The D works when the refs overlook that agressive playstyle and don't call (obvious) holding or early contact with the WR's. What gets me is we've seen some really questionable calls against the Cowboys D that kept drives alive. It never seems to work both ways....

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This is the kind of stuff that's extremely frustrating. The best pass rusher in the game can't get a call even on the obvious holds. Thast tells me a little something (well, a lot....).
And he doesn't even get the benefit of the doubt against total SCRUB OL's, like the Redskins guys blocking him Thursday. Their RT held him on two or three plays by himself.

Last edited:

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I honestly think they don't call every hold against him because it would ruin the continuity of the game. And some of it might be retribution for his very public contempt for the refs.

Last edited:

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And he doesn't even get the benefit of the doubt against total SCRUB OL's, like the Redskins guys blocking him yesterday. Their RT held him on two or three plays by himself.

I get that you could call a hold on just about every play. And all of us focus on Parsons just about every play on D so we see the obvious. But you'd think some refs would focus on that too.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I honestly think they don't call every holding call against him because it would ruin the continuity of the game. And some of it might be retribution for his very public contempt for the refs.
OK fine, how about calling it SOME OF THE FUCKING TIME then.

Especially when the other team solely makes a play because they were able to tackle his ass.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Eagles now 5-0 in games this piece of shit refs for them, since crybaby coach became employed there.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Cowboys LB/DE Micah Parsons on not getting calls when he's being held: "It's frustrating. I kind of wish people saw it the way I do. I kinda tell the ref, 'If you just look at me the whole time, you don't even have to look anywhere else, it's right there in front of you.' "(D-line coach Aden Durde) brings me to the side and says, 'You gotta remember, you're Micah fu**ing Parsons. This s*it is going to happen. You just gotta keep going. F**k all the other stuff.' I just gotta keep going. That's kinda why I've been getting these late game sacks. I'm just going to keep playing." On potentially trying to sell it to get the call: "I'm not into the flopping business."

Top Bottom