dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Football is back tonight.

HoF game with Browns v Jets.

We play the Jets in week two of regular season as fyi.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
zach wilson starting for NY

curious to see the if his play gets a boost after being in camp w/ rodgers and a new OC

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
zach wilson starting for NY

curious to see the if his play gets a boost after being in camp w/ rodgers and a new OC
He's still young so I guess it's possible, but he has looked hopeless for awhile now.

Wouldn't surprise me if they dump him at the end of camp.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cowboys open preseason Saturday at 5pm EST.

Game is being re-aired on NFLN Sunday morning at 9:30 for those that can't see it live (like me)

The following week at Seattle the game is being aired live on NFLN.

Right now the preseason finale vs the Raiders is NOT being aired live.

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
Cowboys open preseason Saturday at 5pm EST.

Game is being re-aired on NFLN Sunday morning at 9:30 for those that can't see it live (like me)

The following week at Seattle the game is being aired live on NFLN.

Right now the preseason finale vs the Raiders is NOT being aired live.
I have a few streaming links that may show the Raiders game. If so, I'll post them!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well shit!

The Rams are playing the Chargers at the same time the Cowboys are playing the Jags.

Normally Los Angeles would play a Cowboy pre-season game on either CBS or Fox. But since both LA teams are playing each other they are playing the same damn game on both CBS and Fox at the same time.

So I won’t be able to watch the Cowboys live

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
So my wife tells me this afternoon that our friends invited us to go to the game to see their daughter who is a Cowboys cheerleader but she turned them down because we already has plans. :mad: We would have had access to be with the cheerleaders before the game. I have zero desire to see the Cowboys anymore but seeing the cheerleaders is something else. The one we know I held when she was a baby. I even "babysat" some when she was a toddler during dance recitals. Her mother owns a dance studio and my daughter became best friends with their older daughter so we became good friends with their family. Their younger daughter grew up to become a Cowboys cheerleader.

This is Karley.

1691885873211.png

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Just watched the re-air on NFLN. Here's my initial thoughts:

1) Fuck you NFLN for the total bullshit edit job. I can understand not showing kickoffs and stuff, but eliminating 3 full offensive series (only Cowboys) and numerous plays from others (seemed to be also Cowboys) was a bush league job.

2) Jacksonville played their offensive and most of their defensive starters for the first 3 series. Our defense was made up entirely of backups except for Osa at DT and maybe Damone Clark at LB. Maybe Sam Williams if he beats out Armstrong. Otherwise, all backups. Our defense stopped their offense the first two drives, and that included a great play/interception by FS Juanyeh Thomas on the opening series. The defense then yielded points on the 3rd series, but only because Kevonte Turpin fumbled (more below) a punt and gave them a short field. They actually stopped them on 3rd down as well on that drive, but the Jags opted to go for it on 4th and 3 instead of kicking a FG (which they would have done in a real game). So essentially, our backups stopped the starters of a really good offensive team 3 times.

2) Our backup OL predictably did not look very good. There were no run lanes for Malik Davis and Cooper was pressed and/or sacked a few times. Cooper is also fortunate he didnt throw a couple picks, incl a gimmee Pick 6 that their CB dropped. The same guy dropped another one that Jalen Tolbert caught off the deflection for a nice gain.

3) The starting LB duo was Clark and Overshown, and both looked outstanding. Explosive speed and sideline to sideline range. Both finished plays strongly.

4) Jake Ferguson is easily TE 1, and he had a nice game. But we have serious depth at this position along with WR.

5) Mazi Smith started and saw extensive reps, while he did not have any explosive plays or sacks, he did what he was drafted to do quite well. The Jags gained almost nothing running the ball when he was in the game, especially if the run play was anywhere near him. Contrary to what the fucking pinheads in the Zone are saying, Smith seemed to fare pretty well. Of the other rookies, Overshown looked good. Deuce Vaughn was outstanding ad the same stuff he did in college, he did again last night (much to Dodger and Scot's disappointment I'm sure lol). He looks like a legit NFL RB and his cutting ability is going to be a real problem for defenses. He also showed impressive power on several runs and scored his first TD on a run from inside the 5. Of the other rookies, undrafted TE John Stephens stood out (other than one bad route that may have been the cause of a Will Grier pick). Luke Schoonmaker only caught one ball but wasnt thrown to again, but he did have a couple of really outstanding blocks on run plays. Hunter Luepke had a couple nice plays but the OL did him no favors on one or two plays. UDFA DE/pass rusher Isiah Land showed why Quinn has liked him so much. He drew two, and maybe three holding penalties and had a couple of near sacks.

6) Simi Fohoko, after mixed reviews most of camp had a nice game. If he can figure out how to hold onto receptions most of the time, its easy to see why they like him. Sam Williams had a few disruptive plays. Of the backup OL, rookie Asim Richards was against the Jags starters at LT and had some decent moments, he was probably the best of them IMO. Waletzko was pretty so-so. Nothing exciting from Farniok or Brock Hoffman (who started at C). Ball started at RG and was absolutely terrible in pass protection.

7) The new PK is also another one you need to ignore the Zoner-tard reviews on. Yes, he missed a PAT, however the snap/hold was not clean and the ball may have been partially blocked (need to watch again). Otherwise he nailed his other PATs and his lone FG attempt. Also, it was talked about that he didnt have an overly strong leg, however EVERY kickoff was a touchback and at least a couple went out of the endzone. Need to see more, but was not a bad start.

8) Kevonte Turpin is an enigma. Yes he is explosive. Yes he has apparently made leaps at WR. But the guy is a fumbler and is starting to be a real worry on catching balls clean and then keeping it secure through the end of the play. I dont care how gifted you are physically, if you cant catch it or hold onto it through the tackle you are worthless as a special team return guy.

9) Its easy to see what they like about Rico Dowdle, he has size and nice feet. He can run through tackles and is a natural receiver. But he too is a fumbler. He fumbled badly last night going into the endzone and IIRC this was something he did either last yr or the prior yr in preseason too, he fumbles. Like above, a back that cant secure the ball now-a-days cant be trusted to be on the field.

Overall about what you'd expect for a preseason opener where no starters played. Need to see more from the PK and I do think they have to make 1 or 2 moves on the backup OL, but good start.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Our backup OL predictably did not look very good.
This has been a problem for years. Underpowered guys who get pushed around. It's usually the reason why we seldom win exhibition games because the backup offense can get nothing going. Pray for good health on the line this year because some of these guys might have to play.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Zach Martin just signed his new contract

$18 mill per year through his current contract (2 years) which is an increase of $8mil.

Thank god that shit is over. Now it’s time to get back to business and get some continuity on this O-Line

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Without him they probably lose to both NY teams. This should have taken care of prior to the opening of training camp though.
I'm honestly not all that worried about the Giants game.

The Jets game the following week will be a significant challenge though. They are very good and they just added RB Dalvin Cook.

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
o_O
"If Prescott fails to lead Dallas on at least one deep playoff run over the next two years, there will be calls for Jerry Jones and company to make a change at quarterback.

On “Good Morning Football”, former NFL cornerback Jason McCourty brought up the possibility of Dallas moving on from Prescott next year, and he shared a list of the top 2024 free agent quarterbacks.

During the segment, Kyle Brandt floated the idea of replacing Prescott with Kirk Cousins, calling it “an equal swap…same player.” Jamie Erdahl seemed to agree with the suggestion, noting, “That would be something the Cowboys would do, though.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/cowboys-replace-dak-prescott-with-another-pro-bowl-qb-in-very-bold-trade-proposal-from-nfl-analyst/ar-AA1fjOdZ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=277d0837dcbf4fa8b8785d826038eed7&ei=11

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The right thing to do (very clearly) if Prescott can't move the team further in the postseason (especially if he is the reason they lose) is move on from him. There's no way you should keep the guy any longer or give him any type of contract extension if he flops again.

But Kirk Cousins isnt the answer either.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Poor Dak. I don't think the guy is insecure, as much as he just lacks arm talent and the ability to go through progressions. He's done well for himself but he's just not a franchise level SB QB. It is what it is. But he's outplayed his 4th round status.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So I have been trying to figure out what to do about the NFL games this yr (specifically the Cowboys games when not on national TV.

I came across NFL+, which is only $99 per season. It says you also get all the preseason games in addition to all NFL games. Only "catch" seems to be you can't watch the "out of market" games live, you have to wait to completion and then view it (which is probably ok with me, I would DVR a lot of the games anyway)

Anyone else use this?

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
So I have been trying to figure out what to do about the NFL games this yr (specifically the Cowboys games when not on national TV.

I came across NFL+, which is only $99 per season. It says you also get all the preseason games in addition to all NFL games. Only "catch" seems to be you can't watch the "out of market" games live, you have to wait to completion and then view it (which is probably ok with me, I would DVR a lot of the games anyway)

Anyone else use this?
Save ur $. I'll pm you free streaming links later. I have 3. I've never paid to watch an NFL game yet & won't!

Top Bottom