icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i'm kindve frustrated why they dont have more DC interviews scheduled than just 3... i know jerry and stevie dont like doing their jobs. i get it. its a pain in the ass. especially when all you wanna do is hang out and talk about all the soccer babes that are coming this summer.

when you're calling up candidates, i fully understand why they wouldnt want to come into a lame duck HC situation, but could DAL at least TRY to interview more guys for different perspectives? DAL is zeroed in on these 5 guys (now quinn and whitt are gone), why not compare them to what else is out there, and moreso get more familiar w/ guys that might be available next yr when mccarthy gets fired. or it could be even worse, that DAL is calling guys but they are saying no, and DAL is keeping it quiet to avoid embarrassment

but DAL gets punked in the public eye anyway... AGAIN....

first, jerry lets quinn slut himself around city to city, shaking hands and scratching balls w/ other teams inside the cowboys own facilities during senior bowl. then when quinn's plan A backfires, he choses plan B, which is not you, but your division rival. i do not doubt for a second that quinn had dinner in DAL w/ other teams execs and put it all on jerry's tab

then DAL sets up 4 interviews, 2 internal candidates, and 2 "external" candidates. then one of the candidates--who famously says that being DC in DAL is his life goal and dream job--schedules an interview w/ jerry and stevie, then GOES TO THE REDSKINS BEFORE THE INTERVIEW !!!! did he even call jerry to quit or did jerry hear it from rapaport ??? quinn must be a great guy & w/ the extra job security, i guess i cant blame whitt.... but egg on jerry's face again.

i'm beginning to think that jerry has a degradation kink

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Al Harris for DC anyone?
Mr Diggs agrees with you and posted it on Twitter

Harris doesnt have any DC experience though and IIRC he isnt even the lead DB coach either. He's the CB coaches primarily I thought.

Not saying he can't do it, but also not sure he is ready either.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
when you're calling up candidates, i fully understand why they wouldnt want to come into a lame duck HC situation, but could DAL at least TRY to interview more guys for different perspectives? DAL is zeroed in on these 5 guys (now quinn and whitt are gone), why not compare them to what else is out there, and moreso get more familiar w/ guys that might be available next yr when mccarthy gets fired. or it could be even worse, that DAL is calling guys but they are saying no, and DAL is keeping it quiet to avoid embarrassment

but DAL gets punked in the public eye anyway... AGAIN....

first, jerry lets quinn slut himself around city to city, shaking hands and scratching balls w/ other teams inside the cowboys own facilities during senior bowl. then when quinn's plan A backfires, he choses plan B, which is not you, but your division rival. i do not doubt for a second that quinn had dinner in DAL w/ other teams execs and put it all on jerry's tab

then DAL sets up 4 interviews, 2 internal candidates, and 2 "external" candidates. then one of the candidates--who famously says that being DC in DAL is his life goal and dream job--schedules an interview w/ jerry and stevie, then GOES TO THE REDSKINS BEFORE THE INTERVIEW !!!! did he even call jerry to quit or did jerry hear it from rapaport ??? quinn must be a great guy & w/ the extra job security, i guess i cant blame whitt.... but egg on jerry's face again.

i'm beginning to think that jerry has a degradation kink

I think this whole "lame duck HC makes it difficult to hire someone" talk is way overplayed.

Just like there's only 32 HC jobs, there's also only 32 Offensive and Defensive Coordinator jobs. Dallas has quality talent, almost any coach would be thrilled to get in there and works with these guys. Great coaches will always be able to land jobs. Even if McCarthy is gone after next yr, its not going to hurt those people. They might be in line for a potential HC gig here or elsewhere, and worst comes to worst they just move to a new staff next year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I didnt do a totally in-depth review, but just glancing over Zimmer's seasons there in Minnesota I didnt really see this "great success against Shanahan style offenses" that Spears spoke of.

Top Bottom