Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He can overpay Dak

That goes without saying

Regardless of how Dak performs this season he will still get a record breaking contract that makes Rodgers contract look like a kids allowance

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
5 days and 18 hours until our regular season kicks off, bitches. I expect to start seeing some goddamned focus.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Next year we also clear the dead money from both Dez and Romo. I forgot the number but I remember it was huge.

We should be in great shape cap wise next off season. Just in time for Jeruh to go shopping for something shiny and new

We have the 2nd most dead money in the league this yr I thought I read someplace.

Next year we have a ton of cap space.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That goes without saying

Regardless of how Dak performs this season he will still get a record breaking contract that makes Rodgers contract look like a kids allowance

You guys are so full of shit, its pretty sad

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Next year we also clear the dead money from both Dez and Romo. I forgot the number but I remember it was huge.

We should be in great shape cap wise next off season. Just in time for Jeruh to go shopping for something shiny and new

I’m not certain that Stephen will be on board with that though. When it comes to spending Stephen is the anti-Jerry. His theory seems to be that he’s here to make make, not spend it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I’m not certain that Stephen will be on board with that though. When it comes to spending Stephen is the anti-Jerry. His theory seems to be that he’s here to make make, not spend it.

Did we not spend money on Tyson Smith, Travis Frederick and Zach Martin?

Sean Lee? Tony Romo? Jason Witten? Dez Bryant? Brandon Carr?

Enough of the idea they wont spend money. I think the difference is they don't really want to spend big money on OTHER team's free agents. And there's enough of a long track record about why that is a bad idea (not just here, but league wide)

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Did we not spend money on Tyson Smith, Travis Frederick and Zach Martin?

Sean Lee? Tony Romo? Jason Witten? Dez Bryant? Brandon Carr?

Enough of the idea they wont spend money. I think the difference is they don't really want to spend big money on OTHER team's free agents. And there's enough of a long track record about why that is a bad idea (not just here, but league wide)

All in house talent. None were signed from other teams. If you’re expecting Stephen to go on some wild ass crazy spending spree and sign every big name in the off season you’re a fool.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
All in house talent. None were signed from other teams. If you’re expecting Stephen to go on some wild ass crazy spending spree and sign every big name in the off season you’re a fool.

You said he wouldn't spend money, go back and read your quote dude.

In the end it doesn't matter if its our talent or someone else's, the question is whether he will spend money. They very clearly have shown they'll spend money.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You said he wouldn't spend money, go back and read your quote dude.

In the end it doesn't matter if its our talent or someone else's, the question is whether he will spend money. They very clearly have shown they'll spend money.

You’re right I probably should have been more clear. I was responding to the quote that the Cowboys will have cap space and go out and get s shiny new toy. They haven’t done that in years. Obviously they have spent money but it’s all been on home grown talent. If Lawrence has another big year I do expect he will get the big contract he wants. I do not expect though that they have any interesting paying and injury prone 30 year old safety, regardless of how good he is (when healthy).

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
We'll have somewhere in high 70s-low 80s (millions ) according to where the cap finally lands next season. The figure I've seen quoted the most is 78/79 mil.

According to Walter football these are our upcoming FAs.
Dallas Cowboys
Cole Beasley, WR
Cameron Fleming, OT
Randy Gregory, DE
David Irving, DT
DeMarcus Lawrence, DE
Jamize Olawale, FB
Deonte Thompson, WR

Read more: 2019 NFL Free Agents Preview: WalterFootball.com

Hopefully we'll spend some money.
Spending wisely?
History tells me to calm the fuck down though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You’re right I probably should have been more clear. I was responding to the quote that the Cowboys will have cap space and go out and get s shiny new toy. They haven’t done that in years. Obviously they have spent money but it’s all been on home grown talent. If Lawrence has another big year I do expect he will get the big contract he wants. I do not expect though that they have any interesting paying and injury prone 30 year old safety, regardless of how good he is (when healthy).

They wanted to trade for Earl Thomas and knew they'd have to sign him to a long term deal upon getting him, so the idea they wont spend big money on other teams players is also not true.

They are just being ultra selective, which is being smart. Unless you are ok with giving retarded deals to guys like Brandon Carr

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We'll have somewhere in high 70s-low 80s (millions ) according to where the cap finally lands next season. The figure I've seen quoted the most is 78/79 mil.

According to Walter football these are our upcoming FAs.
[FONT=&]Dallas Cowboys[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Cole Beasley, WR [/FONT]
[FONT=&]Cameron Fleming, OT [/FONT]
[FONT=&]Randy Gregory, DE [/FONT]
[FONT=&]David Irving, DT [/FONT]
[FONT=&]DeMarcus Lawrence, DE [/FONT]
[FONT=&]Jamize Olawale, FB [/FONT]
[FONT=&]Deonte Thompson, WR [/FONT][FONT=&]

Read more: 2019 NFL Free Agents Preview: WalterFootball.com

Hopefully we'll spend some money.
Spending wisely?
History tells me to calm the fuck down though.[/FONT]

I read today that apparently they can roll over ALL of their cap balance from this year to next as well. This seems like something different than past yrs, when IIRC teams could only roll over a small balance.

They cited potential extensions for Beasley, Lawrence, Prescott, Zeke and even Byron Jones as possibilities for next yr due to all the cap space they'll have.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
They wanted to trade for Earl Thomas and knew they'd have to sign him to a long term deal upon getting him, so the idea they wont spend big money on other teams players is also not true.

They are just being ultra selective, which is being smart. Unless you are ok with giving retarded deals to guys like Brandon Carr

Who said anything about being ok with Brandon Carr. I just don’t believe they will sign any big time free agents coming from other teams. I’ll believe it when I see it. Until then the proof is in their actions.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Who said anything about being ok with Brandon Carr. I just don’t believe they will sign any big time free agents coming from other teams. I’ll believe it when I see it. Until then the proof is in their actions.

So trading for Earl Thomas and signing him to a new deal wouldn't have counted?

Dude just stop.

Top Bottom