Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It would only be fitting for the Eagles, Giants or Redskins to pick him up.
Nobody's done it yet. He clears waivers in about two hours.
Dumbest.....move.....EVER.......by the Cowboys!!!

For kicks over 50 yds Bailey was terrible. Most of his career misses are from 47 yds and up. He didn't have a great camp. Maher on the other hand has a very strong leg and accuracy has been stellar during camp. His 75 percent career accuracy in the CFL equals Bailey's 75 percent accuracy for us last year. It might turn out to be a very good move especially considering the millions of cap savings it entails. 3.3 million right now and 10 million over the next three years.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So I’m watching the Cowboys vs Texans in what is now affectionately known as the “former Cowboy bowl” and the the announcer says

“Maher doesn’t figure to make this Cowboys squad but he’s putting something on tape”

Jerry Jones - “hold my beer”

Reaction score

For kicks over 50 yds Bailey was terrible. Most of his career misses are from 47 yds and up. He didn't have a great camp. Maher on the other hand has a very strong leg and accuracy has been stellar during camp. His 75 percent career accuracy in the CFL equals Bailey's 75 percent accuracy for us last year. It might turn out to be a very good move especially considering the millions of cap savings it entails. 3.3 million right now and 10 million over the next three years.

Yeah, I suspect Bailey's release was a cap move. I have to admit to a tip of the hat to the Cowboys on this one. It was a fairly shrewd move, but kickers are a dime a dozen anyway.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yeah, I suspect Bailey's release was a cap move. I have to admit to a tip of the hat to the Cowboys on this one. It was a fairly shrewd move, but kickers are a dime a dozen anyway.
As we proved last year when Bailey was injured. Ted Nugent's kid proved servicable and actualy finished the season with a better make percentage than Bailey.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Tell that to the Bucks

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
True but if you look at who follows that guy, he’s followed by people that do cover the team so he has to be legit in some aspect.

And yet, still not one single other person has reported it.

Maybe because it's a holiday weekend or something, but if Swaim was getting an extension I think the people that really cover the team would have been all over it.

Looks like fake news dude.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Bailey didn't go through waivers, he was a vested veteran.

Bailey actually made a lot of kicks over 50 yds. 27 of 40 in his career (that's 68%). The league average is 61%

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Maybe they noticed something on his kick velocity/trajectory in camp and were concerned he was never going to be like the Bailey pre-injury again.

In addition to the groin thing that messed him last yr, he had also had several run ins with back problems the past few years. Combine that with his cap charge, and maybe they just decided it was best to move on.

Parcells was one of those that pretty much believed once a kicker started going bad, he was done (especially if it was in his head at all)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jackson, Lenoir and Campos aren't a surprise. No Scarborough is interesting.

Supposedly he was butthurt over not making the team and wants to sign with someone else's PS

Have no idea if its true, but that is one of the rumors floating around. We might know for sure in next few days.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Supposedly he was butthurt over not making the team and wants to sign with someone else's PS

Have no idea if its true, but that is one of the rumors floating around. We might know for sure in next few days.

Should have played better then. Half the time I watched he looked like the game was either too fast or he didn't know which hole to hit.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Another Cowboy kicker, Nick Folk went there after we cut him, he had a bad year or two and then went there and re-made himself.

I remember well. With a rookie qb if their running game is decent if nothing else he would have plenty of opportunities.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Should have played better then. Half the time I watched he looked like the game was either too fast or he didn't know which hole to hit.

Not making excuses for him, but the OL play was really, really bad when he was in there. I don't see how they could really get a good read on what he was (or wasn't)

It could be the coaches dumped him for other stuff, he might have some knucklehead in him. IIRC he was the guy caught on audio saying "FUCK TRUMP" last year in the college football playoffs prior to kickoff.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
David Moore reporting Travis Frederick will NOT be placed on IR, meaning there is some hope he could be back sooner rather than later.

Putting him on IR would have shelved him the first 8 weeks of the season.

Potentially good news.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Evaluation of all teams final 53 man rosters shows Dallas has the 3rd youngest team in the league behind only Cleveland and Cinci.

Top Bottom