Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I will certainly never forget. That was my 30th Birthday!

I'll tell you this...

It sure made turning 30 easy. I didn't even remember it was my birthday until later that afternoon when my sister called me

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Scot, is this your sly way of reminding us that it's your birthday? well, happy birthday.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
in other news, Josh Doctson looks like a massive bust for the Skins :dance

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Todd Bowles doesn't seem long for the NFL head coaching world. (Although if I were him, getting away from that dumpster fire with NYJ might be better anyway)

Yesterday they were trailing by 9 with about 4 mins left. They had a 4th and 8 close to midfield, and he elected to punt.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Just for ThoughtExperiment

[video=youtube;ptcOESy_4pY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptcOESy_4pY[/video]

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
there were a lot of dog games yesterday, reflecting a lack of decent Qbs in the league and no serious practice time for vets in camp

I'd say 1) poor QB play 2) poor QB development 3) too much nepotism in the coaching and management ranks 4) and god awful O Line play, which gets worse by the year. I dont blame them for tripping over themselves to lock up La'el Collins.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Spagnola LOL

:facepalm

Marls Barkley @mwtrizzle
@Spags52 How can you compare DAL losing Hitchens and Irving to NY losing OBJ? OBJ may be a top 5 player in the league. Hitchens is mid lvl.

Mickey Spagnola‏*
@Spags52
Follow

More
Mickey Spagnola Retweeted Marls Barkley
I can if I want to, and just pointing out no one is at full speed all the time. Might have been a shutout if those guys were available.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Pro Football HOF

@ProFootballHOF
HOFer Tom Landry was born OTD in 1924. Head coach of @dallascowboys for 29 seasons. Led Cowboys to 2 Super Bowl Championships (VI, XII).

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
ProFootballReference

@pfref
Most times posting 100 scrimmage yards, first 16 career games (since 1970):
Eric Dickerson - 13
Edgerrin James - 12
Ezekiel Elliott - 12

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They obviously believe Saint Tony would have. They seriously need to get over it. Dak was hit and miss against a very good Giants D, but the hits still left me thinking "wow, we are lucky to have this guy".

Saint Tony would have been sacked 5 or 6 times last night. Probably have had some turnovers too.

Dak is a bus driver and was again last night. He's had the benefit of some pretty darn good defensive performances and last night was no different. We held an NFL offense to just 3 points. In addition, we dominated in time of possession and probably most statistical categories but we couldn't put the game away offensively. Unfortunately, that type of performance will get you beat in the playoffs. At some point, Dak is going to have to carry this team for it to the next level.

Edit: Not to mention he needed a miraculous catch by Beasley to keep the chains moving and take an additional 3 minutes off the clock.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Just came across, Johnson has a dislocated wrist and is expected "to miss extended period of time"

Seems like a good bet to miss our game in two weeks now.

Coach Bruce Arians told reporters that running back David Johnson dislocated his wrist in Sunday's 35-23 loss to the Lions.
NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that the All Pro is expected to miss an extended period of time due to the injury. Johnson will receive a second opinion, but he's a candidate to be placed on injured reserve.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
At some point, Dak is going to have to carry this team for it to the next level.

Maybe, maybe not.

Depends on how good the rest of the team is.

I still think people are making too much out of last night. Most teams don't have the defensive ability the NYG have.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Had almost forgot about these Ben McAdoo gems from last week:

DJdV664XkAAanQG.jpg:large

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Dak is a bus driver and was again last night. He's had the benefit of some pretty darn good defensive performances and last night was no different. We held an NFL offense to just 3 points. In addition, we dominated in time of possession and probably most statistical categories but we couldn't put the game away offensively. Unfortunately, that type of performance will get you beat in the playoffs. At some point, Dak is going to have to carry this team for it to the next level.

Edit: Not to mention he needed a miraculous catch by Beasley to keep the chains moving and take an additional 3 minutes off the clock.

He's not a good thrower of the football or a classic pocket passer. I don't think he's the answer long-term. His flaws are hidden by a strong o-line and a dominant running game. He'd be exposed if he had to deal with what Russell Wilson saw yesterday. He was one of the worst QBs in the league last year in 3rd and long situations, and I didn't see much improvement last night in that area. That said, he doesn't turn the ball over and is an actual threat to gain yards with his legs, so in that respect he's superior to his predecessor.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
He's not a good thrower of the football or a classic pocket passer. I don't think he's the answer long-term. His flaws are hidden by a strong o-line and a dominant running game. He'd be exposed if he had to deal with what Russell Wilson saw yesterday. He was one of the worst QBs in the league last year in 3rd and long situations, and I didn't see any improvement last night in that area. He doesn't turn the ball over and is an actual threat to gain yards with his legs, so in that respect he's superior to his predecessor.

I agree. When the D fails him or, worse yet, when Zek has to serve his suspension, we'll be in some trouble. Same goes for the playoffs. And Dez doesn't do him any favors either. Prescott is good and is better than what we all expected, but I just don't think he's a SB caliber QB. But he's good enough to keep the stands full and put more money in Jerry's pockets.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not.

Depends on how good the rest of the team is.

I still think people are making too much out of last night. Most teams don't have the defensive ability the NYG have.

I'd agree if Dak wasn't missing open throws. He had guys open but just couldn't get them the ball downfield with the exception of the Butler diving catch. Then throw is some stupid shit like the playcalling on 1st and goal at the 3 where we pass three straight times and that's just too much to overcome in the playoffs.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Prescott targeted Giants’ CB Eli Apple 12 times, resulting in 10 completions for 123 yards and 1 TD. (per @PFF)

Toast. [1 was a drop btw]

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He's not a good thrower of the football or a classic pocket passer.
But last year he was, for the most part. His accuracy was incredible most of the time. And with all his work in the offseason, I expected him to build on that. But instead he was almost worse. Not sure I remember him missing as many open, unpressured throws as he did last night.

Top Bottom