dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jerry apparently isn't even mad after this garbage.

He basically said "well we got our butts kicked"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Chaz Green just said he didn't get any help that he knew of.

Think about this for a sec. It's pretty sad on several levels here.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Hey Jerry: The better-coached teams make big plays on special teams regularly. Two already by New England tonight.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Prescott wouldn't have thrown that pass even if he did have a chance.

You m ight be right, but not for the reasons you might think. Seemed to me with Zeke out, the game plan was to force the ball to Dez come hell or high water --- had limited success, as opposing to spread the ball around. I think that was by design. Beasly was Dak's favorite target all last year, now that's changed.

As agressive the Falcons defense was, it would have made sense to run some screens or some dumpoffs tro keep them honest.

Last edited:

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Campo would be better at this point.

Campo was an underwhelming coach with no talent to speak of outside of aging veterans.

Garrett is in over his head undermining good talent with his ineptitude.

I know this is hoping beyond hope but if this team tanks to under .500 end of the year I wish Jerry finally gets a revelation that his Golden child is fools gold.

I've said this numerous times. The Golden child has given this team lead poisoning.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
FOX and Tony Dungy are obliterating Cowboy coaches over this right now.

That said, I still think my theory about Green is more right than the help thing. Green has been injury prone but prior to today, when he had been on the field he had performed ok (even when he started some previious games at LT last yr for Tyron). They didn't help him because they didn't think he needed it against a jag like Clayborn.

What people SHOULD be blowing up Garrett and this staff for is putting up with the total quitter job he did today, leaving him out there to almost single handedly lose the game.

I do not think anyone is disagreeing with this. The consensus is that Green should have been taken out. But that didn't happen, so what do you do? You get him some help, or risk your QB to injury. THEY CHOSE TO DO NEITHER when it would have made a difference. That's the unforgivable part.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Seemed to me with Zeke out, the game plan was to force the ball to Dez come hell or high water --- had limited success, as opposing to spread the ball around. I think that was by design. Beasly was Dak's favorite target all last year, now that's changed.

As agressive the Falcons defense was, it would have made sense to run some screens or some dumpoffs tro keep them honest.
Yep we even went so far as to run that completely idiotic end-around with Dez that shouldn't even be in the playbook.

More evidence our coach is just plain stupid, he thinks Dez is great. Meanwhile we don't throw to Beasley, Twilly or much at all to Witten. And none at all to the running backs, if memory serves. Maybe one screen?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
keep dreaming. no decent coach would ever work for Jones. tired Parcells only came here for the money. Jerry is comfortable with a guy he can undermine and push around.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I do not think anyone is disagreeing with this. The consensus is that Green should have been taken out. But that didn't happen, so what do you do? You get him some help, or risk your QB to injury. THEY CHOSE TO DO NEITHER when it would have made a difference. That's the unforgivable part.

You cant help everybody. They appeared to be giving Collins some help with Vic Beasley. Seemed to work as Beasley only got close a couple times I remember.

If you give help to both tackles, your running routes with 3 guys. That might work on some play action pass type plays where you max protect and try to hit a deep ball of some kind, but we were in 3rd and long constantly. 3 guys don't get open vs 6 or 7 often.

They should have benched him. As usual, this staff was spineless though and did nothing.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You m ight be right, but not for the reasons you might think. Seemed to me with Zeke out, the game plan was to force the ball to Dez come hell or high water --- had limited success, as opposing to spread the ball around. I think that was by design. Beasly was Dak's favorite target all last year, now that's changed.

Dez doesn't make that pass very often. And with an aggressive D, you need to make that pass when you have the chance. I get it, today was a bad day for the OL. But when he does go "deep" he's very conservative and throws it out of bounds. It's a useless play. He rarely throws a receiver open. That's why he dances back there waiting for someone to run free or just dumps it off.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You cant help everybody.
Quite true. But you absolutely positively cannot have your left tackle getting beat. Period, no excuses, it simply cannot be allowed to happen and especially not to continue happening.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dez doesn't make that pass very often. And with an aggressive D, you need to make that pass when you have the chance. I get it, today was a bad day for the OL. But when he does go "deep" he's very conservative and throws it out of bounds. It's a useless play. He rarely throws a receiver open. That's why he dances back there waiting for someone to run free or just dumps it off.

Dances to buiy them time becausze the routes take so long to develop. Same shit Romo had to deal with. Omega explained this.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
They did run two or three screen passes and all of them were blown up for no gains.

At least 2 of them were ran to the opposite side weren’t they? I️ don’t recall that they were ran towards Clayborn’s side.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
At least 2 of them were ran to the opposite side weren’t they? I️ don’t recall that they were ran towards Clayborn’s side.

They ran one to that side that had a chance for a nice gain but Cooper badly whiffed on his guy, and that guy made the tackle.

Top Bottom