ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Cam had a PC an hour or two ago where he basically refused to apologize for his postgame behavior and used the whole, "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser" excuse.

So I guess any QB who doesn't sulk and pout like a six year old after a loss is a loser.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Eli- "Dad, Peyton got another Super Bowl Ring, Now we both have two, I'm not special anymore!"

Am I still your favorite son? lol

Archie - you were always special Eli, that's why you've worn a helmet since you were two and got to take the "special bus" to school

Last edited:
Reaction score
There's a Shula idiot coaching them.

Sounds similar to the same Shula idiot brother that Jimmy demoted/fired after the 1990 season.

Reminds me of the greatest Switzer moment when he compared Dave Shula's Bengals to Iowa State and then major butt hurt ensued. I also recall that idiot Theisman saying something like "lookout! When you anger little Shula you anger big Shula" and I'm like so the fuck what? Am I supposed to be scared or something?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Eli Manning said:
I was just focused on whether they’d go for two and uh
Only Jason Garrett would have to think about something so obvious.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Cam had a PC an hour or two ago where he basically refused to apologize for his postgame behavior and used the whole, "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser" excuse.

So I guess any QB who doesn't sulk and pout like a six year old after a loss is a loser.
Well like I said before I WANT my star QB to HATE losing sooooo much it makes him physically ill for awhile. Beats the hell out of yuk-yuk and "we'll get 'em next time" shit. Beats the hell out of "we fought we scratched we clawed." That's what losers say and do.

Reaction score

I heard he also admitted to not falling on the fumble because he didn't want to get hurt... is that right?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I heard he also admitted to not falling on the fumble because he didn't want to get hurt... is that right?
THAT's the thing he did I don't accept. I don't care his reasoning, you fucking fall on that ball no matter what it costs you.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
THAT's the thing he did I don't accept. I don't care his reasoning, you fucking fall on that ball no matter what it costs you.

Exactly
I lost all respect for the kid

You fumble the ball in the Super Bowl when you are losing and don't even attempt to recover the ball to give yourself a shot at winning??

WTF?

it's the last game of the season and it's the super bowl so it's not like you have to be careful so you can play again next week

ITS THE FUCKING SUPER BOWL! The biggest and most important game of your career. It the sole reason why you play the game in the first place!

You do everything in your power to win

To me it just seems like his spirit and will to win were already broken at that point

I remember saying in the first quarter that the Panthers didn't come out all fired up like they had the rest of the playoffs. Kind of like they were trying not to lose the big game as opposed to trying to win it all

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You fumble the ball in the Super Bowl when you are losing and don't even attempt to recover the ball to give yourself a shot at winning??
To me it just seems like his spirit and will to win were already broken at that point
The bolded might be true, but if you watch closely you'll see his instinct immediately kicked in for just a split second and he was going to go for the ball, then his brain kicked in and he made a obvious "business decision" putting himself ahead of the team.

Your spirit and will to win makes you go for that ball, your brain makes you check up and not go.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Also I have to say, masterful front 7 game plan on the rabbit QB. Load the box, stuff the RB runs, stay at home on passing situations, keep him in the pocket and make him throw. Also helps that because of the extra man in the box and on blitzes, he had some one-on-one matchups down the field. Giving him that temptation to hang in and make the throws. He hung in, couldn't make the throws. He needed to just rabbit on them, a lot more than he did.

("Rabbit" as in, one who is known to take off running. Not as a description of the physicality of the QB.)

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

I don't know... I didn't hear all of it, just the part where he doubled down on his pouting.

Edit, just heard that part. Yeah, he pretty much said he thought his leg would have been in a bad position, something like that. Also said you see QBs not go after guys after interceptions all the time. He also said that fumble didn't cost them the game. (Orly?)

Listening to him is painful. Not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I might be more understanding if this was a regular season game, but I'd still think Cam is a pussy for not jumping on his own fumble to avoid getting hurt. However you cannot play scared in the NFL, and it was the fucking Super Bowl. Go all out to win and injuries be damned. It's all about the ring. Now or never. I would not want this prima donna as QB for my team, and I suspect this is as far as Cam ever gets. Shit changes over night these days and Carolina may not get back to the SB again.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm sure Carolina will be a contender again. Unless the core unit gets dismantled in free agency. I don't know how they fare in FA but everyone is going to want to get paid after last season

I can also see the rest of the team losing faith in Cam after he decided not to go after the fumble

As the leader of your team and in the Super Bowl of all places you need to lead by example. And the msg he sent to his team mates is that winning the super bowl wasn't important enough to go after that ball

Think Elway and his helicopter hit/TD

That is the type of play you expect and Want to see from your QB to win the SB

Reaction score
I don't know what he was thinking when he saw the fumble either, but Newton is a remarkably physical QB. He's their best running back ... and doesn't shy away from contact when he's running. He's not timid in the pocket. He doesn't "hear footsteps."

I wouldn't guess that his teammates see him as lacking courage or guts.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'm sure Carolina will be a contender again. Unless the core unit gets dismantled in free agency. I don't know how they fare in FA but everyone is going to want to get paid after last season

I can also see the rest of the team losing faith in Cam after he decided not to go after the fumble

As the leader of your team and in the Super Bowl of all places you need to lead by example. And the msg he sent to his team mates is that winning the super bowl wasn't important enough to go after that ball

Think Elway and his helicopter hit/TD

That is the type of play you expect and Want to see from your QB to win the SB

I know at very least that Norman is a FA. Dude is going to get PAID too! I doubt Carolina keeps him.

The second I saw him pull back from jumping on that ball I knew he would get shredded in the media and by the fans (rightfully so too). Me and my buddies that watched the game were all screaming WTF is he doing?! Jump on the damn ball!! Absolutely no excuse for not going for the ball. He pussed out big time on that play. I honestly think he had already checked out of the game at that point.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Reminds me of the greatest Switzer moment when he compared Dave Shula's Bengals to Iowa State and then major butt hurt ensued. I also recall that idiot Theisman saying something like "lookout! When you anger little Shula you anger big Shula" and I'm like so the fuck what? Am I supposed to be scared or something?

Shula threatened Gary Stevens when he was about to accept Jimmy's offer to be OC in 1991. He told Stevens something like "this will ruin your career" and "you'll never get to be a HC if you go with Jimmy"

Worked out great for him. Norv Turner came here, won two super bowls and parlayed that into 3 head coaching jobs.

Top Bottom