Reaction score
I don't know what he was thinking when he saw the fumble either, but Newton is a remarkably physical QB. He's their best running back ... and doesn't shy away from contact when he's running. He's not timid in the pocket. He doesn't "hear footsteps."

I wouldn't guess that his teammates see him as lacking courage or guts.

I don't really think it was courage. Nah, I think he blew off the recovery because he was already in sulk mode. It was purely mental.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
But, would anyone ever even consider such a trade, even two years ago. Pretty easy to talk Romo trades now and there's probably several QB's who now qualify.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
But, would anyone ever even consider such a trade, even two years ago. Pretty easy to talk Romo trades now and there's probably several QB's who now qualify.

I agree with that too. Romo is broken down right now. Kind of a no brainer to take a young QB who just won League MVP over a guy who had a down year and broke his collar bone twice.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I agree with that too. Romo is broken down right now. Kind of a no brainer to take a young QB who just won League MVP over a guy who had a down year and broke his collar bone twice.
That's why it's kind of a pointless exercise to even mention it, really.

However I am infamously guilty on this site, of calling for Jerry to let Romo test the waters in the market at least, before offering him that big contract. Time shows, I was right. In fact I seem to remember saying then, "The Romo experiment is over."

Had no idea at the time of course, that the Cowboys front office didn't even require a physical before the contract was signed. (This was right after his first back surgery for a "cyst.")

Reaction score
Yeah cams a gutless pussy blah blah blah

I'd take him on this team in an instant.

Well if you want a guy who will quit on you in the biggest game of the year then have at it. The guy showed his ass big time, and then doubled down on it. It's no secret now how opponents are going to deal with him in both scheme and they will start rubbing it in by giving him a taste of his own medicine going forward. He won't be able to handle that due to his lack of maturity as has been amply demonstrated the last few days.

Oh, and I stand by that he is a pussy because anyone who doesn't go all out with a Super Bowl on the line is definitely a pussy. If that hurts your feelings too bad.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
That's why it's kind of a pointless exercise to even mention it, really.

However I am infamously guilty on this site, of calling for Jerry to let Romo test the waters in the market at least, before offering him that big contract. Time shows, I was right. In fact I seem to remember saying then, "The Romo experiment is over."

Had no idea at the time of course, that the Cowboys front office didn't even require a physical before the contract was signed. (This was right after his first back surgery for a "cyst.")

this post is exactly why anyone with an above room temperature football IQ laugh at you.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
this post is exactly why anyone with an above room temperature football IQ laugh at you.
That explains why you're not laughing then. The post was factual therefore very likely anathema to you.

I'm not the idiot who signed a crippled QB to a 60 million dollar deal without all due diligence, including a market test and a physical.

Reaction score
Cam had a PC an hour or two ago where he basically refused to apologize for his postgame behavior and used the whole, "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser" excuse.

So I guess any QB who doesn't sulk and pout like a six year old after a loss is a loser.

Cam handled that situation pretty badly and all that swagger makes people that much happier to see him lose. I'm indifferent about it.
There's definitely a double standard with the media though.

The Broncos won in spite of Peyton, and he was still treated like royalty by all. Homie's forehead keeps growing from HGH, he has a terrible playoff record, and he sold his soul to ad campaigns. He'll conveniently retire before having to answer to any of the HGH stuff either, but I think he really got off the hook for being the worst statistical super bowl QB in history. That includes fucking Dilfer.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, until the last week or so I was indifferent on Cam. Not a huge fan of his coming out, but it's not like I hated him. And I do like the running QB element, which I think adds something to an NFL that too often all looks alike.

As far as Manning, I've never been a fan of his. Used to hate how he always had a look on his face like he was blaming someone else for every incompletion at Indy, but at least he seems like he improved that over the years. Was flipping around the TV one morning last week and came across that tool Cowherd claiming Denver was here because of Peyton's leadership. Uh, no, they were there because of their defense. No amount of "leadership" makes up for one of the worst TD/INT ratios ever.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep. Manning was putrid this year. he had zero to do with winning that championship.

If Brandon Weeden had QB'd them for 16 games, they probably have the same result.

Top Bottom