Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Reaction score
I can't believe all the excuses made for Cam's postgame press conference sulk-off.

The former Tampa GM guy on NFL Live actually just gave him credit because he started to rip his helmet off during that mini-tantrum when Wolfe hit him in the endzone, but didn't. What?

Trent Dilfer argued that Newton had inadequate support from his OL and that Newton's receivers had too many critical drops. That Newton didn't express his frustration with his teammate during the post-game interviews was taken by Dilfer as a sign of Newton's maturity. Basically, Dilfer said that leaving abruptly was better than Newton saying what was really on his mind.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Trent Dilfer argued that Newton had inadequate support from his OL and that Newton's receivers had too many critical drops. That Newton didn't express his frustration with his teammate during the post-game interviews was taken by Dilfer as a sign of Newton's maturity. Basically, Dilfer said that leaving abruptly was better than Newton saying what was really on his mind.
I like Trent but that was the mark of a spoiled brat not a professional

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

That same OL gave him almost flawless pass protection virtually all year. Those same receivers and TE's made him look good all year.

Even when he had time to throw last night and had wide open guys, he threw miserable passes. Some of his throws were so bad neither his guys or the Bronco guys had a chance to catch them.

The non attempt at the fumble recovery was one of the more disgraceful plays I've ever seen in a Super Bowl

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
he can't get through a press conference without throwing others under the bus? he can't fall on his sword like every other classy qb? the fuck out of here.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
how many have the cojones to admit it?

Rush-Limbaugh.jpg

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
That same OL gave him almost flawless pass protection virtually all year. Those same receivers and TE's made him look good all year.

Even when he had time to throw last night and had wide open guys, he threw miserable passes. Some of his throws were so bad neither his guys or the Bronco guys had a chance to catch them.

The non attempt at the fumble recovery was one of the more disgraceful plays I've ever seen in a Super Bowl

The Broncos were playing with a less than stellar Oline too. Their RT was not having a very good postseason.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Bronco defenders were pointing out after the game that the Panther's O showed no different looks and made no adjustments. Sound familiar?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
TJ Ward calling out the Panthers saying that they just want to be rappers and backup dancers lol

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Wade Phillips saying that the Broncos D should rank up their with one of the best.

Punk'd the shit out of Cam too in a tweet:

Wade Phillips
✔ ‎@sonofbum

A little Dab with do you but too much Dab will undo you!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Bronco defenders were pointing out after the game that the Panther's O showed no different looks and made no adjustments. Sound familiar?

There's a Shula idiot coaching them.

Sounds similar to the same Shula idiot brother that Jimmy demoted/fired after the 1990 season.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Jerry was probably thinking QB with the 4th pick before yesterday. I can see it now, he goes into Valley Ranch and has a meeting with the scouts and coaches and wants to lean defense with that pick now. Fucking reactionary idiot. Pats win with 2 TE sets, go out and draft TE's in multiple years; Payton is all the craze in the NFL, have Romo more involved with the offense and make him Payton-like. We're fucking doomed.

Don't forget when McNabb busted onto the scene. Jerry was like... I need to get me one of those black running QB's, then BAM! Quincy Carter.

Reaction score
he can't get through a press conference without throwing others under the bus? he can't fall on his sword like very other classy qb? the fuck out of here.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty silly too.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was thinking the exact same even during the game. If Cam comes back and wins this, we draft Wentz or Lynch. If Denver's defense keeps this up, we pass on a QB and draft a linebacker.

Yeah that's my concern, is he sees one broken down QB somehow win something, he'll believe Romo should be able to do the same.

I have no problem with them passing on a QB early if they don't believe the guy can play, but if the scouts are saying "this guy is a potential franchise QB", there shouldn't really be any other consideration for the pick IMO.

Just browsing other fan sites and I'm even more convinced that Reactionary Jerry will go defense. The talk about defense is all the rave. Some folks even brought up Denver's CB's and how we need CB's. They completely disregard the fact that Denver has 2 FA's (Talib and Ward) and an UFA (Harris) in their secondary. In other words, they're winning with Church/Heath and Carr. We've spent premium picks on Lawrence and Gregory and brought in Hardy. We've drafted Claiborne and Jones. At some point, this D should at least be formidable.

We need a QB and we need a vision to build this team. I'm not sure if Romo goes down or is physically done and ineffective that we lose 12 games again. Just as winning 13 games in 2014 was a fluke, losing 12 games this year and picking in the top 5 was also a fluke in the sense that we needed historic performances in both scenarios to achieve those results. We may never lose enough games to pick top 5 again for quite a while because of parity. 5 and 11 or 6 and 10 changes the whole face of the draft and that's where I think this team will land when Romo goes down or hangs them up, not to mention Garrett/Jerry's ineptitude.

Reaction score
Eli Manning explains his blank look during Super Bowl

In a video posted on TMZSports.com, Eli Manning tried to explain his blank look after the Broncos scored what turned out to be the touchdown that clinched Super Bowl 50, Daniel O'Leary of the New York Daily News reports.

The Giants signal-caller said he was thinking hard about whether brother Peyton’s team should kick the extra point or go for two.

“I was just focused on whether they’d go for two and uh, the defense had to step up and make some stops,” Eli said to the cameraman.

Manning’s poker face went viral — he was seen in a luxury box with the stare of a man waiting for a bus as his brother’s team scored the touchdown that pretty much won the Super Bowl. When asked if he saw the memes and thought they were funny, he said: “Yeah. It’s all good stuff.”

Eli’s mom, Olivia, and brother Cooper were celebrating the Broncos touchdown feverishly as it put Denver up 22-10 with just 56 seconds to play. But Eli seemed to be lost in thought — turns out that’s the look of him doing simple math in his head.

The Broncos got the 2-point conversion when Peyton Manning hit Bennie Fowler with a pass to make it 24-10, which turned out to be the final score. Both brothers now own two Super Bowl rings.

Top Bottom