Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Barry Church with a potential fractured arm, and Morris Claibornes groin injury could be serious, per Jerry Jones.

I saw that too

MO's groin injury might be a sports hernia and if so could require him surgery and for him to miss 6-8 weeks. If not than he would be day by day

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Morris Claibornes groin injury could be serious, per Jerry Jones.

it's always something with that asshole. he's yet to complete an entire season unscathed. now watch Jerry give him an extension.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ballsy call for sure. Not the kind of thing Garrett normally does, but it was ballsy and we probably won because of it

I'm in a huge argument with my irrational homer buddy and he is trying to tell me that Garrett isn't really conservative, he just didn't have the team to take chances with.

Is this really debatable or am I nuts?

I tried to explain that good teams don't need to take chances like bad teams with nothing to lose do, so typically when you know your team is inferior, its the time to take some chances to try and give your team a better chance to win which never happened last year.

My position is inferior teams need to take more chances, am I wrong?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I completely agree
The play calling is different with Dak in there. It's almost like he trusts him and Zeke To get the tuff yards when it really counts

Whereas with Romo he plays it safe

I think its safe to say there are two plays in Daks arsenal that aren't in Romos:

1. QB sneak
2. QB run

Iamtdg

Reaction score
what do you mean?

When you go no huddle or even close to it, you limit what that defense can run and the personnel they can put in. That's why you see 2 minute drives where the offense looks better than it has the previous parts of the game.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You're friends with erod IRL?

Erod has nothing on my buddy, he's exhausting.

Remember when I posted his remarks about Garrett as if they were my own and you thought I lost my mind?

He argued endlessly, bludgeoning me with texts this am that Garrett isn't conservative and was only holding back because he didn't have the QB and supporting cast, just like Jimmy Johnson

Its a good thing we're talking via text because I don't know if I could refrain from pummeling his stubborn ass if we were face to face

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Could make this a new thread but I'll put it here...

Did you guys see where the Cubs-Indians game beat our game last night in the ratings? And it wasn't even that close, 15.3 to 11.6.

That is absolutely shocking to me considering it was the Cowboys on Sunday night vs the Eagles -- truly one of the biggest games of the year. How does that even happen? That shows me that the NFL ratings decline is real and isn't just this unique political season.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It is the World Series

It's not like it was just some regular season game

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Did you guys see where the Cubs-Indians game beat our game last night in the ratings? And it wasn't even that close, 15.3 to 11.6.

That is absolutely shocking to me considering it was the Cowboys on Sunday night vs the Eagles -- truly one of the biggest games of the year. How does that even happen? That shows me that the NFL ratings decline is real and isn't just this unique political season.

There's a lot of reasons, but #1 is:

1411156518001-GTY-455731344-67366340.jpg

Reaction score
Ballsy call for sure. Not the kind of thing Garrett normally does, but it was ballsy and we probably won because of it

Something is different. It's like someone else is driving the Ferrari or the Jones made Jason take webinar classes on "How to coach an NFL game, with intent to win". The fake punt. The Beasley pass (except throwing to TWilly who is not a sprinter and apparently only dives when he is going out of bounds, was not the right receiver) and 4th and 1 were all very characteristic of Belichick but completely alien to Bozo.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

If this were any old world series, the NFL game would have received the higher rating.

I think everyone is tuned in to see if the Cubs can finally win one.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Might be time for TE to jump on some other bandwagon. He tried Rams and that didn't work. His Vikes look like shit now too.

Top Bottom