Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Giants will be done this time next week.

That would send a GreenBay to us with confidence. Dammit. I guess we gotta beat them again. Let's hope Giants will rough them up to second strings. Detroit won't beat Seattle. Not happening.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
According to some of the Cowboys beat writers one of the main reasons Romo wants to go to Denver is for a chance to learn from Elway. Romo has his long term sights on building his own team and not being a coach.

I so hope this is true. Great statement on what he thinks of the Jones Boys.

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Ugh

4d3ab586e3f752f85935e2c20c036526.jpg

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I so hope this is true. Great statement on what he thinks of the Jones Boys.

I don't think it's any knock on the Jones'. Romo has said before that after Favre, Elway was his favorite player. This just might be more of an admiration thing. Plus the fact that Elway built a SB winning team. Who else is better to learn from if that's you're ultimate goal? The Jones' never played Pro ball.

Last edited:

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't see what playing pro ball has to do with it.

Why would you have to go somewhere else to learn how to GM if the team you've been with for 13 years is plenty good at it?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Juuuuust what we thought about the Giants in 2007.

There's a lot of differences between this year and that year. The Giants defense is good, but their pass rush from the front 4 was much better in 2007. Offensively, they were a far better team too.

For us, I think there's a big difference in the mentality between how Prescott prepares himself and how Romo did in 2007 (Cabo). Romo and TO also entered the playoffs banged up. Our OL and running game is eons better than 2007 too. The other big plus is I think this coaching staff is better than the 2007 team's by a significant amount.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Giants will be done this time next week.

Not so sure. Packers' secondary is banged up, and you're not going to beat the Giants without a strong and consistent running game. If Rodgers is your leading rusher in terms of carries, you're not going to win.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
the winner of that game is gonna have a shitload of confidence going into Dallas

Reaction score
There's a lot of differences between this year and that year. The Giants defense is good, but their pass rush from the front 4 was much better in 2007. Offensively, they were a far better team too.

For us, I think there's a big difference in the mentality between how Prescott prepares himself and how Romo did in 2007 (Cabo). Romo and TO also entered the playoffs banged up. Our OL and running game is eons better than 2007 too. The other big plus is I think this coaching staff is better than the 2007 team's by a significant amount.

They beat us twice this year and GB is on fire right now. Bad situation either way.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

They were definitely more balanced on offense. They excelled in both running and passing the ball.

Top Bottom