Mr.Po

Reaction score
Thought I read somewhere we have the most wins in the league vs teams with winning records and vs other playoff teams.

Doesn't mean we'll roll to a championship or anything, but we've beaten some good teams.

And they'll have to amp it up even more to beat some of those same teams within the pressure of a playoff game / atmosphere.

Amazing the disparity of what looms for us the next round of the playoffs vs what the Patriots will face.

We will face either Aaron Rodgers / Eli Manning or Matt Stafford . The Brady Bunch gets Tom Savage / Matt McGloin or Matt Moore. One things for sure if the Cowboys run the gauntlet and make the big show it will be battle tested and well deserved.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
After it happened to us three times courtesy of Garrett... it's quite nice to watch another team come up short in a win and you're in playoff scenario.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
[video=youtube;cvS7IcNMDJY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvS7IcNMDJY[/video]

makes some good points. the mountain will be steep.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
[video=youtube;cvS7IcNMDJY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvS7IcNMDJY[/video]

makes some good points. the mountain will be steep.

Yeah. But did this jacknuts predict that the Cowboys would win 13 games, win their division, and have the #1 seed? All with a rookie QB. I guaranteed you that he did not.

He talks about what realistic, but Dak and Zeke have redefined reality.

I'm not worried. And it feels good. Well let me qualify that. I'm not worried about any of the players particularly Dak and Zeke. Garrett is always an issue.

Truth is, I'd rather they play up the rookie angle and such, then to hear them blather on about Romo choking.

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Yeah. This is the same video I posted 2 days ago but I didn't know how to post it directly from Facebook. Colin was fun to listen when he was praising the Cowboys being the best team in the NFL right around when we were 9-1 10-1 record.

I'm really hoping all those other teams fans just drink the Cowherd Kool-Aid and underestimate Cowboys only to get punched in the mouth.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Cowherd looks somebody who got their ass beat a lot on the play ground as kid. The type growing up who wouldnt know a boob from a football because he never touched either one.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yeah. But did this jacknuts predict that the Cowboys would win 13 games, win their division, and have the #1 seed? All with a rookie QB. I guaranteed you that he did not.

He talks about what realistic, but Dak and Zeke have redefined reality.

I'm not worried. And it feels good. Well let me qualify that. I'm not worried about any of the players particularly Dak and Zeke. Garrett is always an issue.

Truth is, I'd rather they play up the rookie angle and such, then to hear them blather on about Romo choking.

Actually for most of the season he kept "predicting" the Cowboys failure. He predicted they would lose to Cindy, lose to Green Bay, and lose to Philly (the first game). Cowherd is a hack.

Reaction score
They beat us by a total of 4 points. Two plays the other way and we would have swept them.

I'm sure they'd give us a tough game again, but I really believe we'd beat them if we meet again.

Green Bay worries me a little more because of their offense, but Green Bay's defense is garbage.

The Giants are clearly not a great matchup for this team. Two losses many weeks apart were not some anomaly. I don't see Dak coming out hot in his first ever playoff game, and an experienced QB like Eli might take advantage of that. Also, it's fun to laugh at McAdoo because he looks like a Denny's waiter on swing shift, but he would drop a deuce on Garrett if that game comes down to halftime adjustments.

Green Bay is "hot:, but beatable. If you look at the teams they've beat on their little run, it's meh at best. They took advantage of a supremely shitty schedule, and still almost lost to a Chicago team that's playing for draft position. Assuming we can get some defensive pressure on Rodgers, I'd much rather play them over New York.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Giants are clearly not a great matchup for this team. Two losses many weeks apart were not some anomaly. I don't see Dak coming out hot in his first ever playoff game, and an experienced QB like Eli might take advantage of that. Also, it's fun to laugh at McAdoo because he looks like a Denny's waiter on swing shift, but he would drop a deuce on Garrett if that game comes down to halftime adjustments.

Green Bay is "hot:, but beatable. If you look at the teams they've beat on their little run, it's meh at best. They took advantage of a supremely shitty schedule, and still almost lost to a Chicago team that's playing for draft position. Assuming we can get some defensive pressure on Rodgers, I'd much rather play them over New York.

I guess we just disagree then. Winning two games by a total of 4 points is not some amazing accomplishment that would indicate we cant play with them. Like I said earlier, clearly two plays the other way and we would have swept them. Our defense was just as effective against them as theirs was against our offense. The game could go either way, but I have confidence that Prescott will perform much better than he did a few weeks ago if we play them again. Cold and wet wont be a factor at all in our place.

I still worry about our defense against a QB like Rodgers. When we played them in October they were not playing well on either side of the ball. They are clearly playing better offensively now.

I'd much rather see NYG or Detroit again than Green Bay, although I feel good about us beating any of the three.

Reaction score
The rooks have passed every test so far with flying colors. But the playoffs are a different animal, and we're most likely going to be facing a QB who's been there before. They're gonna have to step their games up and there's no margin for error and no time to have a learning curve.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The rooks have passed every test so far with flying colors. But the playoffs are a different animal, and we're most likely going to be facing a QB who's been there before. They're gonna have to step their games up and there's no margin for error and no time to have a learning curve.

With the exception of Dak, every QB in the NFC side of the playoffs has been there. Dak though will not be facing them, but rather the Cowboys' defense.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
meanwhile, the patriots have what seems like a cakewalk to the super bowl.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Indeed.

The Chiefs might give them some trouble but ultimately probably cant score enough to beat them.

Pittsburgh could give them trouble with their offensive firepower. Otherwise its a total cakewalk like you said.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

I wouldn't play any linebackers against them. I'd use every spare safety and cornerback instead. Surprised no one has tried this at least once. You'd be vulnerable against the run, but the Pats use their RBs as an extension of the passing game anyway.

Reaction score

So, in the mysterious weirdness of the Jones/Garrett seamless transition from "Romo-friendly" to Dak being the starting QB, Jerry was quoted on 105.3 The Fan saying this: "We have three games...and we are going to empty the bucket of what we can do to win". After I heard that I thought it was a good thing that Garrett et al were going to finally play to win and not just play to be good professional citizens of the NFL community.
But then...does Jones mean something else? Are we looking at a Don Shula - Stoudt/Woodley kind of rotation so that Romo plays. I could see Jason convincing Jerry of such a plan. It's just stupid enough that Jerry would buy it and then call it "emptying the bucket".

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
But then...does Jones mean something else? Are we looking at a Don Shula - Stoudt/Woodley kind of rotation so that Romo plays. I could see Jason convincing Jerry of such a plan. It's just stupid enough that Jerry would buy it and then call it "emptying the bucket".

Please don't. Fucking please.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So, in the mysterious weirdness of the Jones/Garrett seamless transition from "Romo-friendly" to Dak being the starting QB, Jerry was quoted on 105.3 The Fan saying this: "We have three games...and we are going to empty the bucket of what we can do to win". After I heard that I thought it was a good thing that Garrett et al were going to finally play to win and not just play to be good professional citizens of the NFL community.

Come on man, cant you envision how much face time something like this gain old prune face. Jerry is as addicted to face time as some people are to crack. You know Romo is probably texting back and forth with him like a 13 Y/O girl politicing for it.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Come on man, cant you envision how much face time something like this gain old prune face. Jerry is as addicted to face time as some people are to crack. You know Romo is probably texting back and forth with him like a 13 Y/O girl politicing for it.

Can Jerry text on his flip phone?

Top Bottom