MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
it'll be stupid talk then, Dak is still a rookie and needs all the reps and experience he can get. I'd play the next 6 quarters like they're still fighting for something but rest hurt guys to give them a chance to recover for the playoffs

I agree. They need to stay sharp. Don't let up and get comfortable.

Reaction score
Lions' Stafford will wear slightly different glove vs. Cowboys

Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford will be wearing a slightly different glove this week when the team takes on the Dallas Cowboys, Justin Rogers of the Detroit News reports.

The new glove will still cover just his injured middle finger, but the material will be different, designed for an indoor game as opposed to last week’s inclement conditions.

“That middle finger will probably be covered up for you guys, but other than that, it will be very similar to what I wore last week,” Stafford said. “The one I was wearing last was in preparation for rain.”

“I think I’m going to continue to get more and more comfortable as I work on it, work through,” he said. “As far as velocity and accuracy, all that kind of stuff, I wasn’t perfect, but I felt like I was playing at a high level.”

Reaction score
ESPN already has the Giants winning the SB, according to their graphic I shot a pic of off the TV today:

View attachment 3739
I don't understand what that graphic means... 2007 they were top 10 in YPG against, middle of the pack in PPG against. 2011 they were at the bottom of both. And this year, they're average on YPG allowed and top 10 in PPG against. There's no consistency there, except they've won the SB in 2007 and 2011.

And then there's the obvious won SB this year.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Who do we rest? We couldn't be more healthy. I bet we're the healthiest team in the league.

Mo Claiborne, Cedric Thornton, Demarcus Lawrence, Tyrone Crawford, Durant and if Scandrick is still playing hurt, give him some rest

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
So would you guys play Romo in the second half just to get some snaps?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So would you guys play Romo in the second half just to get some snaps?

Its such a hard call imo, I think you just play the Detroit game straight up as if its a must win and let Dak play the whole game.

In Philly, I almost feel the same way with Dak because regardless of how good he's played, he's still a rookie and doesn't need time off, he needs just the opposite.

On the one hand if you let Romo play and he looks great, that helps a ton with a potential trade but if he looks like shit, then it kills the trade value.

Garrett is in a really hard place (imo) for these last two games because its almost impossible for him to come out ahead in the court of public opinion. He will get torched if any key player has a significant injury or they lose the last 2 games, look like shit and then go one and done in the playoffs.

I wish Chaz Green wasn't hurt, it would have been good to give Tyrone a little rest for his back and give Chaz more experience. Maybe let Collins come in and take some of Frees snaps too?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I doubt Romo sees the field, because if he does well, the controversy starts anew. look for Sanchez instead.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm glad that filthy game is meaningless, they get 10+ games off and Dallas will be playing on a short week after MNF

Looks like Filthy aint laying down either so I suspect they'll be going all out to close out the season with a win against the hated cowboys

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't understand what that graphic means... 2007 they were top 10 in YPG against, middle of the pack in PPG against. 2011 they were at the bottom of both. And this year, they're average on YPG allowed and top 10 in PPG against. There's no consistency there, except they've won the SB in 2007 and 2011.

And then there's the obvious won SB this year.
Yep I didn't study it at all beyond the 2016 SB result assumed. They took that graphic down really fast and edited it completely out of the rebroadcast of the show too.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I doubt Romo sees the field, because if he does well, the controversy starts anew. look for Sanchez instead.
Gosselin said the other day that 1) Tony may not want to play, and 2) the team may not want to play him because if he got hurt it would kill his trade value.

Could happen.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Romo may get his long awaited Super Bowl Ring and never have taken a single snap all season long

That would answer the long time question

How does Tony Romo get a Super Bowl ring? By never taking a single snap all season long. LOL

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Gosselin said the other day that 1) Tony may not want to play, and 2) the team may not want to play him because if he got hurt it would kill his trade value.

Could happen.
Only way Romo should see the field is if Dak gets hurt. NO cleanup duty, NO spot duty and NO "rest replacement" duty. Injury replacement only, and then only if win is critical. Like in a playoff game.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
If they do play Romo they will have to play the entire starting OL the whole game. Romo could get killed if they don't.

Top Bottom