dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
the closer you look, the less impressive it was. OBJ dropped a sure TD and later dropped a pass which would have given them a 1st down inside the 10. on another series, Eli lost control of the ball when he had Lewis wide open for a TD. plus, Flowers is awful, Pugh was out again and they have no running game to speak of. and a good defense doesn't start a safety like Church who drops two sure picks.

Does the same rationale apply to the Giants defense then?

We had guys open all over, but unfortunately our QB didn't see them or misfired on several passes.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

We had guys open all over, but unfortunately our QB didn't see them or misfired on several passes.

But the Cowboys HAVE a running game, and pretty much abandoned it.

6 times Zeke was out on 3rd downs. Having Dumbar in... has nothing to do with Bryant or Dak.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
But the Cowboys HAVE a running game, and pretty much abandoned it.

I think they could have ran it a little more, but the Giants did a great job stopping the run in the 2nd half too. You have to give them some credit.

Zeke's 2nd half rushes: 3, 0, 13, 2, 4, 4, -1, -6, 2,

That's 9 carries for 21 yards

That aint much success at all.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I actually missed the presnap of that play and came in just as Zeke was getting tackled. Is it possible that that's one Dak changed at the line, or did it look like that was the call from the start?

Might have been, Broaddus made a comment that Leary apparently ran the wrong blocking assignment and that's why the play got blown up.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think they could have ran it a little more, but the Giants did a great job stopping the run in the 2nd half too. You have to give them some credit.

Zeke's 2nd half rushes: 3, 0, 13, 2, 4, 4, -1, -6, 2,

That's 9 carries for 21 yards

That aint much success at all.

If they would have kept with the run from the first half and just worn them down. Wasting plays on Dunbar certainly didn't help.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

no, because that's a legitimately good defense that's skunked us twice this year. when you make JPP's backup look like star, you have a problem.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Might have been, Broaddus made a comment that Leary apparently ran the wrong blocking assignment and that's why the play got blown up.

he backpedaled like he was pass blocking then realized it was a run. too late.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
who came out of the starting lineup for the oline? i saw 73 out there a lot. leary benched or hurt ?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
who came out of the starting lineup for the oline? i saw 73 out there a lot. leary benched or hurt ?

no one. 73 was out there as a sixth offensive lineman (basically replacing Swaim). unfortunately, he gave up a big sack.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If they would have kept with the run from the first half and just worn them down. Wasting plays on Dunbar certainly didn't help.

Yeah I dont agree. Dunbar shouldn't have been on the field for those last two drives (which because of the time of the game and situation, were passing downs anyway) but the Giants did indeed make some good adjustments vs the run, and it showed in the results.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't think Garrett will stick to what worked so far though man.

Yeah. The optimist in me wants to believe that he got it out of his system, but in truth he may not do that for the rest of the season, but he will likely do it again in the playoffs.

Top Bottom