LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
BULLSHIT

Like they say, a fish rots from the head down, jeri hired the guy, not to mention all the other horrendous shit he's done over the last 20+ years

plus if Garrett is as bad as you say and jeri isn't firing him then he's being obtuse to something you feel is the most detrimental to the organization.

While jeri may appear to have abdicated the throne, he has not and everything still has to have his "blessing" plus you never know when he's gonna pull a jeri and force some bullshit on everyone, like he probably did with Hardie last year (imo, Stephens influence was convincing jeri to make Hardy sign a one year, performance based, prove it contract whereas in the past, jeri would have backed up the Brinks trunk before he even set foot on the field)

Jerry is not the one out there calling the plays or disrupting. Jerry pretty much runs his mouth. Yeah, the Hardy signing was a lousy one. I do not think we'll see too many of those.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerry is not the one out there calling the plays or disrupting. Jerry pretty much runs his mouth. Yeah, the Hardy signing was a lousy one. I do not think we'll see too many of those.

lets get the facts straight here amigo, Garrett ain't calling plays either, wait strike that, just the bad ones

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Were the miracle to occur and Dallas got to the Super Bowl, no way in hell they'd beat Belichicks Pats (imo)

I hope we just don't match with fudgepackers again. Or any division teams. Before we even get to the big game.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
lets get the facts straight here amigo, Garrett ain't calling plays either, wait strike that, just the bad ones

Actually he will insert himself and call plays. Not sure if you're being flip or just an ass, but most of us has been here long enough to recognize when Garrett's M.O. Show us where Garrett has been responsible for a win(s). There are plenty of examples where he has been responsible for losses. Omegasupreme said it best: it's all about the completed pass with Garrett, whereas it's all about the first down and extending the drive with Linehan. Cowboys would need x-amount of yards for a 1st down, Garrett would call or have a play called for x-1 yards. We saw this all through the game, 8 yards for a first down, play get called for 7 yard. Punt.

Cowboys were the only team in 2014 and 2016, that ran the ball more than they passed it. It was and remains a winning formula. As pass happy Garrett is, do you truly think he was behind this? And do you also think that Linehan just thought it was a good idea to deviate from that winning formula, on the road, against a divisional rival, in cold weather, and with what was at stake?

Garrett would pass all game if he could get away with it. He'd rather lose by passing, than win by running.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Actually he will insert himself and call plays. Not sure if you're being flip or just an ass, but most of us has been here long enough to recognize when Garrett's M.O. Show us where Garrett has been responsible for a win(s). There are plenty of examples where he has been responsible for losses. Omegasupreme said it best: it's all about the completed pass with Garrett, whereas it's all about the first down and extending the drive with Linehan. Cowboys would need x-amount of yards for a 1st down, Garrett would call or have a play called for x-1 yards. We saw this all through the game, 8 yards for a first down, play get called for 7 yard. Punt.

Cowboys were the only team in 2014 and 2016, that ran the ball more than they passed it. It was and remains a winning formula. As pass happy Garrett is, do you truly think he was behind this? And do you also think that Linehan just thought it was a good idea to deviate from that winning formula, on the road, against a divisional rival, in cold weather, and with what was at stake?

Garrett would pass all game if he could get away with it. He'd rather lose by passing, than win by running.

Just being flip

Some would say I'm always an ass

Not buying the random Garrett OC takeover from play to play, but y'all have fun with that. I'll keep reading y'alls theories, maybe one day I'll become a convert.

I am not in a situation to be able to know what Garrett is actually doing/thinking so all I could do is speculate about how things are done. Having said that, I don't believe he's stubborning clinging to random control of the play calling nor do I believe he would deliberately design routes to be run short of the first down (on 3rd downs).

Who knows, y'all could be right which means we're double screwed because I know we have a petulant, stubborn, woefully inferior GM and if y'all are correct, he hired a coach with apparently the same traits. Amazingly, in spite of them both, they're stringing together seasons with pretty good records in 2 of the last 3 seasons, thats quite the accomplishment if our beliefs about the GM & Head coach are correct.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Just being flip

Some would say I'm always an ass

Not buying the random Garrett OC takeover from play to play, but y'all have fun with that. I'll keep reading y'alls theories, maybe one day I'll become a convert.

I am not in a situation to be able to know what Garrett is actually doing/thinking so all I could do is speculate about how things are done. Having said that, I don't believe he's stubborning clinging to random control of the play calling nor do I believe he would deliberately design routes to be run short of the first down (on 3rd downs).

Who knows, y'all could be right which means we're double screwed because I know we have a petulant, stubborn, woefully inferior GM and if y'all are correct, he hired a coach with apparently the same traits. Amazingly, in spite of them both, they're stringing together seasons with pretty good records in 2 of the last 3 seasons, thats quite the accomplishment if our beliefs about the GM & Head coach are correct.

Who said it was fucking random? I'm certain this was Garrett's game plan for the game. The entire game. It has all of his hallmarks.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Nobody hates Garrett more than I do, but I don't think he randomly inserts himself into playcalling, either. In fact, I know he isn't doing anything on offense during a game because he doesn't ever talk into his headset and he doesn't even participate in time out huddles, except to walk up to the periphery of them to try to make himself look more relevant.

Now is it possible that during the week he's pressured Linehan into more of the "take what they give us" philosophy that lets the defense dictate what we do (usually over-passing)? I guess so, but we have no idea of knowing that.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Who said it was fucking random? I'm certain this was Garrett's game plan for the game. The entire game. It has all of his hallmarks.

Could be, hell if I know

By random, I'm referring to comments during the game threads where they go something like this:

1st down: Zeke tackled in the back field for a 3 yard loss

***fucking Garrett , so predictable, let Linehan do his fucking job!!

2nd down: Bailey catches a slant pass and streaks down the field for 18 yards

***Sweet, Linehan is back in charge!

1st down: Screen pass to Zeke for a 5 yard game

***Nice call Linehan, keep ignoring Garrett and do your thing!

2nd down: pass to Witten, incomplete no gain

***no comments

3rd down: pass to Dez, incomplete, 4th down

***God damn it, Garrett, you pass happy mother fucker! You just had to take over and fuck things up, 1st down pass, 2nd down pass, 3rd down pass..that's all you want to do is pass, use Zeke and quit interfering with Linehan!

FYI-there may be some hyperbole in the above scenario :getjiggy

:garrett

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
pitching the ball to Zeke on 3rd and 11 (resulting in a big loss) was the most gutless play of the night

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Nobody hates Garrett more than I do, but I don't think he randomly inserts himself into playcalling, either. In fact, I know he isn't doing anything on offense during a game because he doesn't ever talk into his headset and he doesn't even participate in time out huddles, except to walk up to the periphery of them to try to make himself look more relevant.

Actually I do. Many of you people have recently got to where I have always been when it comes to Garrett. From the time when he sandbagged/backstabbed Wade.

No one said or suggested it was random.

And no, you don't know. You cannot go by "because he doesn't ever talk into his headset", is the camera on him the entire game?

Now is it possible that during the week he's pressured Linehan into more of the "take what they give us" philosophy that lets the defense dictate what we do (usually over-passing)? I guess so, but we have no idea of knowing that.

This is what likely happened. Or do you really believe that it was Linehan that just decided to abandon the running game, after 11 straight wins have been provided by it?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Actually I do. Many of you people have recently got to where I have always been when it comes to Garrett. From the time when he sandbagged/backstabbed Wade

Nope hated the hiring from the word go. Didnt like him as an offensive coach so I didnt think he would be any kind of a difference maker as a head coach, and damned if I wasnt right. I do agree with your assessment of him as being the back stabbing office politician every company has. I bet plenty of his peers detest him.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Nope hated the hiring from the word go. Didnt like him as an offensive coach so I didnt think he would be any kind of a difference maker as a head coach, and damned if I wasnt right. I do agree with your assessment of him as being the back stabbing office politician every company has. I bet plenty of his peers detest him.

I was indifferent with him being first hired as OC. Sparano was around the first year to hold his hand. But the full-fledged hatred came with the Redskins' game on Sunday night. Cowboys down 3-0, 4 SECONDS LEFT IN THE FIRST HALF. The idiot decides to call a play --- mind you, the Cowboys are on their OWN 25 yard line. A dump-off to Teshard Choice, who fumbles, De'Angelo Hall scooped up the fumble and runs in for a TD. It was the difference maker in the game. Cowboys. Any and everyone else would have taken the knee. Wade was pissed, and rightfully so.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I was indifferent with him being first hired as OC. Sparano was around the first year to hold his hand. But the full-fledged hatred came with the Redskins' game on Sunday night. Cowboys down 3-0, 4 SECONDS LEFT IN THE FIRST HALF. The idiot decides to call a play --- mind you, the Cowboys are on their OWN 25 yard line. A dump-off to Teshard Choice, who fumbles, De'Angelo Hall scooped up the fumble and runs in for a TD. It was the difference maker in the game. Cowboys. Any and everyone else would have taken the knee. Wade was pissed, and rightfully so.
And to make things worse, he dodged the media for a couple of days and when they finally cornered him, he wouldn't own up to it being a mistake. And then Wade came out and took the bullet saying he could overrule play calls and should have, even though Jerry made clear Garrett had full control of the offense.

But dodging blame and accepting all credit has been his MO from the start. That plus clapping, butt-patting, and and creepy-grinning at inappropriate times.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
gutless because it was a "give up" play. we've seen Dak throw 11 yard passes before, but they obviously didn't trust him in that situation.

I actually missed the presnap of that play and came in just as Zeke was getting tackled. Is it possible that that's one Dak changed at the line, or did it look like that was the call from the start?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I want to thank Dak, Dez, and the coaching staff for not showing up tonight.

We were due a bad game, so not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things but what a shit effort tonight.

Normally, I would say a young team like this needs a loss to get refocused but we don't have the coaching for that.

Shit game.

I don't see much blame for the coaches this time. The defense played their best game of the yr and if it hadn't been for one great play by OBJ they'd have had a near perfect night and we'd have won the game.

Prescott and Bryant pretty much lost the games on their own.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
gutless because it was a "give up" play. we've seen Dak throw 11 yard passes before, but they obviously didn't trust him in that situation.

Didn't trust him.... after throwing the ball 36 times? I agree with you, but it just shows how fucked up Garrett's mindset.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't see much blame for the coaches this time. The defense played their best game of the yr and if it hadn't been for one great play by OBJ they'd have had a near perfect night and we'd have won the game.

the closer you look, the less impressive it was. OBJ dropped a sure TD and later dropped a pass which would have given them a 1st down inside the 10. on another series, Eli lost control of the ball when he had Lewis wide open for a TD. plus, Flowers is awful, Pugh was out again and they have no running game to speak of. and a good defense doesn't start a safety like Church who drops two sure picks.

Top Bottom