yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Apparently the reason why Dunbar was in the game for so many snaps is because they like to use him in "2 minute situations" and apparently there were four of those

Sounds like Lawrence only had about 13 snaps, did I hear that right?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Apparently the reason why Dunbar was in the game for so many snaps is because they like to use him in "2 minute situations" and apparently there were four of those

Sounds like Lawrence only had about 13 snaps, did I hear that right?

Anybody remember the last time Dunbar remotely made a difference in the two minute offense? Anybody? I certainly remember Zeke doing everything he can do and then some during the other 58 minutes.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Anybody remember the last time Dunbar remotely made a difference in the two minute offense? Anybody? I certainly remember Zeke doing everything he can do and then some during the other 58 minutes.

Because he is oft-injured I think you gotta go back 3 years to get any moment when he was even a factor. I have no idea at all what the love affair with this guy is.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
again, he has a lot of dog in him. Dak shouldn't have thrown deep into double coverage, but it didn't help that no-effort Dez gave up on the play.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

He had a few games to start 2015 where he looked great and made some big plays but then he got hurt:

Z6zgvSi.jpg

outside of those 4 games, he hasn't done squat:

Gi5rECq.jpg

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Watched most of the shows today on ESPN and Fox Sports. What did I tell you guys, one loss and all of a sudden we are fake, we are pretenders, we are one and done and teams like Giants falcons and fudgepackers would go further in the playoffs. As a matter of fact, just now on Speak for yourself with Cowherd

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Right, that one Dunbar 20 yard run on a dump off when the Giants were in mega-prevent was enough to renew our braintrust's love for him for a few years.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's our second loss of the entire season

We still have the best record in the entire NFL, we are 2 games ahead of the rest of the NFC

the media gets paid to stir the pot

Who gives a shit what they say

Our record speaks for itself

Dak has played average or bad in two games. One of those games we still won

The Giants beat us twice this year by a total or four points. One point in the first game and three in the this game.

It's not like we got blown out by them

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
It's our second loss of the entire season

We still have the best record in the entire NFL, we are 2 games ahead of the rest of the NFC

the media gets paid to stir the pot

Who gives a shit what they say

Our record speaks for itself

Dak has played average or bad in two games. One of those games we still won

The Giants beat us twice this year by a total or four points. One point in the first game and three in the this game.

It's not like we got blown out by them

Exactly... not even by a TD.... and we are in playoffs already. Skip is the only person I can watch right now

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Exactly... not even by a TD.... and we are in playoffs already. Skip is the only person I can watch right now

Both games ended on shit plays by our receivers

T Willy doesn't go out of bounds to stop the clock in the first game to give us a chance at a long FG

and Dez bobbles the catch and loses the fumble that would have given us a first down and kept our drive alive

Dak Got the ball to them both times

The WR were the ones that fucked up in the end

Reaction score
Both games ended on shit plays by our receivers

T Willy doesn't go out of bounds to stop the clock in the first game to give us a chance at a long FG

and Dez bobbles the catch and loses the fumble that would have given us a first down and kept our drive alive

Dak Got the ball to them both times

The WR were the ones that fucked up in the end

Actually TWilly is Baileys enemy. He did it again in this game. He has a tendency to only turn in the direction that he caught the ball. If he turned toward the out bounds which made more sense since he needed to stop the clock he would have had more yards. Instead the sideline has to call Timeout. Bailey then missed by inches. Flashback to the first Giant game and even before that in the Green Bay playoff game where Bailey missed. It was TWilly balking on a highpoint in the endzone that led to the Bailey attempt that was ultimately missed.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Actually TWilly is Baileys enemy. He did it again in this game. He has a tendency to only turn in the direction that he caught the ball. If he turned toward the out bounds which made more sense since he needed to stop the clock he would have had more yards. Instead the sideline has to call Timeout. Bailey then missed by inches. Flashback to the first Giant game and even before that in the Green Bay playoff game where Bailey missed. It was TWilly balking on a highpoint in the endzone that led to the Bailey attempt that was ultimately missed.

I noticed that too. He looked to be in better position to gain more yards if he simply turned it outside.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
C'mon. Last nights Dallas TD was Linehan. 37 pass attempts when they were winning 7-3 and then losing 10-7 is Garrett. This is 2012 and 2015 mismanagement. I'm waiting to hear how the defense just could nt make that stop at the end of the game.

37 pass attempts. That has not been how Linehan has been orchestrating wins.

37 pass attempts is how Garrett has routinely lost games though.

37 pass attempts for a team getting 5 yards a carry and just needing about 4 first downs per series for a FG.

I think Garrett was going for the 2:1 pass/run ratio.

Whereas you state that the Cowboys lost because they passed the ball too much (37 times), Garrett likely thinks that they lost because they didn't pass enough. The Cowboys ran the ball 24 times, therefore according to Garrett, they should have passed it at least 48 times. He certainly appeared to be headed towards that. Didn't matter that those passes were being completed at a very low percentage. They'd run on 1st down, and then pass on 2nd, and if they didn't get the 1st --- pass on 3rd. It was very predictable. How many times in that game did the Cowboys run the ball consecutively? I have no problem with the ball being ran on first downs, play action also would have been nice, but it would have been more effective and likely even helped the passing game if he followed the run up with another run. IT'S THE STRENGTH OF THIS OFFENSE.

If 37 pass attempts got them 7 points, then maybe 74 passing attempts* would have gotten them another 7 points and that would have won the game.

* hyperbole.

It's vintage Garrett: deliberately going away from the strength of the offense, in an attempt to deceive the opposing defense. Basically, instead of the opposing defense making adjustments, Garrett has already made it for them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think Garrett was going for the 2:1 pass/run ratio.

Whereas you state that the Cowboys lost because they passed the ball too much (37 times), Garrett likely thinks that they lost because they didn't pass enough. The Cowboys ran the ball 24 times, therefore according to Garrett, they should have passed it at least 48 times. He certainly appeared to be headed towards that. Didn't matter that those passes were being completed at a very low percentage. They'd run on 1st down, and then pass on 2nd, and if they didn't get the 1st --- pass on 3rd. It was very predictable. How many times in that game did the Cowboys run the ball consecutively? I have no problem with the ball being ran on first downs, play action also would have been nice, but it would have been more effective and likely even helped the passing game if he followed the run up with another run. IT'S THE STRENGTH OF THIS OFFENSE.

If 37 pass attempts got them 7 points, then maybe 74 passing attempts* would have gotten them another 7 points and that would have won the game.

* hyperbole.

It's vintage Garrett: deliberately going away from the strength of the offense, in an attempt to deceive the opposing defense. Basically, instead of the opposing defense making adjustments, Garrett has already made it for them.

Good post Laz

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

In the instance before the half (which I assume you are talking about), he would have been better off to keep going in the direction he started after making the catch in order to get a few more yards before giving himself up. They had one timeout left & he should know this, so it wasn't imperative he get out of bounds, just max out the yards.

As it turned out, it looks like he forgot they had a timeout and remembered his last fuck up and changed directions to try and get out of bounds, giving up a few yards in the process that would have made the FG attempt shorter and likely good

Terrance Williams play before the end of the half - YouTube

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Believe it or not, Jerry is not as detrimental as Garrett. While Jerry remains the face (and mouth) of the organization, his influence has diminished. Stephen seems to be in a bit more control.

BULLSHIT

Like they say, a fish rots from the head down, jeri hired the guy, not to mention all the other horrendous shit he's done over the last 20+ years

plus if Garrett is as bad as you say and jeri isn't firing him then he's being obtuse to something you feel is the most detrimental to the organization.

While jeri may appear to have abdicated the throne, he has not and everything still has to have his "blessing" plus you never know when he's gonna pull a jeri and force some bullshit on everyone, like he probably did with Hardie last year (imo, Stephens influence was convincing jeri to make Hardy sign a one year, performance based, prove it contract whereas in the past, jeri would have backed up the Brinks trunk before he even set foot on the field)

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Were the miracle to occur and Dallas got to the Super Bowl, no way in hell they'd beat Belichicks Pats (imo)

Top Bottom