yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Anyone gone be watchin the Jest and the Coats tonight?

Kind of, I'll be watching Brandon Marshall hoping he doesn't go off.

I've got Matt Forte and a 16 point lead, so if I can hold, I'll win the regular season in my fantasy league, get the first seed in the playoffs and a bye.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I've got Matt Forte and a 16 point lead, so if I can hold, I'll win the regular season in my fantasy league, get the first seed in the playoffs and a bye.
I have Andrew Luck in my last contest of the week at DraftKings. Need HIM to go off and score about 40 fantasy points for me, so I can win 10K.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I have Andrew Luck in my last contest of the week at DraftKings. Need HIM to go off and score about 40 fantasy points for me, so I can win 10K.

Ooooh, that's some real mullah, G/L!

Is DraftKinds a one day deal?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
so if we win next Sunday and Seattle loses in Green Bay, we clinch HFA. if that happens, it'll be interesting to see how we play those last three games. I wonder if Romo would get a start in WK 17. if it's backup city on offense, they'd probably risk Sanchez instead of Tony.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Part of Minnys Dline success pressure was the Dallas plays were not quick window plays that Linehan has been using. It's like Dallas was again out to prove they can Coryell. If Dak drops back and doesn't have the ball out in 3 secs, it's a foolish and dangerous gamble. Ray Lewis was on Cowherds show extolling the virtues of the Dallas O-line and every example he gave was for run blocking. This charade that Dallas is the 1980 San Diego Chargers has got to end.

Dallas dictates now. They have no reason to sit back and see what happens when they can just run them over.

You can't run 100% of the time though. At some point you have to put the ball in the air.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You can't run 100% of the time though.
Omega's never advocated for anything like that. Do you know what a "quick window" play is? Hint: It involves quick passes. Not having to wait for complicated routes to come open and getting strip-sacked in the process. Garrett's slavish worship of "Air Coryell" is what got Romo hurt.

Good example was the first two plays of the game: Zeke for 11 yards. Then no running back, 5 wideouts on the first down following. No play-action, no quick window, Dak just standing beck there waiting for the sack to come because the opponent is covering the idiot route tree perfectly.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Did I hear correctly somewhere that Fisher is the brother in law of the CEO of the Rams? Or that he's related to him in some way.

Marvin Demoff (father) is Fisher's agent. Kevin Demoff (son) Ram's executive VP. See where I am going with this? Kroenke spending his time developing 300 prime acres of LA real estate.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This is one of the most embarrassing performances ever on MNF. Jets flat quit. Anyone see Richardson just engage and fall down on a first quarter pash rush? Very Albert Haynesworth-esque. Then a cheap very late hit on Luck out of bounds. No wonder they were trying to unload him.

And the entire team is about like that.

And their qb situation is a total mess. They might want to look at Linehan. What if he and Tony went there?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
so if we win next Sunday and Seattle loses in Green Bay, we clinch HFA. if that happens, it'll be interesting to see how we play those last three games. I wonder if Romo would get a start in WK 17. if it's backup city on offense, they'd probably risk Sanchez instead of Tony.

I'd like to see Dak still get some time in that final game. At very least a series.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This is one of the most embarrassing performances ever on MNF. Jets flat quit. Anyone see Richardson just engage and fall down on a first quarter pash rush? Very Albert Haynesworth-esque. Then a cheap very late hit on Luck out of bounds. No wonder they were trying to unload him.

And the entire team is about like that.

And their qb situation is a total mess. They might want to look at Linehan. What if he and Tony went there?

yes, this game is awful and the jets are worse.

So much for my idea about trading Romo to them, I dont think he'd want to play there

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
yes, this game is awful and the jets are worse.

So much for my idea about trading Romo to them, I dont think he'd want to play there

Yea the only way I see that happening is if a coach that Romo really respects replaces Bowles and that coach wants Romo. Not sure who that could be. Linehan maybe?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yea the only way I see that happening is if a coach that Romo really respects replaces Bowles and that coach wants Romo. Not sure who that could be. Linehan maybe?

U got me, didn't Todd Bowles coach here in Dallas during Romos reign? He might be ok with Bowles but not with what looks to be a shitty team

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I don't think so. Detroit could still end up 12-4 (with a win over us if they did) and while unlikely, if we beat the Giants but lose out from there we'd also be 12-4 with a loss to Detroit.

A win vs NYG combined and a loss by Seattle or Detroit would clinch a 1st rd bye however.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Omega's never advocated for anything like that. Do you know what a "quick window" play is? Hint: It involves quick passes. Not having to wait for complicated routes to come open and getting strip-sacked in the process. Garrett's slavish worship of "Air Coryell" is what got Romo hurt.

Good example was the first two plays of the game: Zeke for 11 yards. Then no running back, 5 wideouts on the first down following. No play-action, no quick window, Dak just standing beck there waiting for the sack to come because the opponent is covering the idiot route tree perfectly.

I guess what I'd say to you and Omega when I see posts like this and some of his is Prescott seems to be having one of the greatest statistical years in the history of the league for a rookie QB. Whatever the coaches are having him do seems to be working is it not?

Prescott's updated numbers:

QB rating: 3rd 108.6
Yds Per Attempt: 2nd 8.31
Lowest Int %: 2nd to Tom Brady
TD to Int%: 2nd to Tom Brady
Comp%: 5th 67.9%
Ranks near top of league in fewest times sacked.
Also has NFL rookie record in terms of single game QB rating: now 10 games of 100+ QB rating (in only 12 total games)

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

So what happened? He went off all right. Can't imagine a better opponent for your fantasy QB than the quitting Jets defense.

Top Bottom