yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm not sure what people are even pissed at Romo about. Because he didn't celebrate enough when we scored? Seriously?

If Dak got hurt and Tony refused to go in a game or did something that actually affected the team, then you'd have a legit gripe. But complaining that his press statement wasn't to your liking or he doesn't have the right look on his face on the sideline sounds like a bunch of junior high girls gossiping in the lunch room.

No shit, I guarantee if he was all happy and cheering Dak and the rest of the team demonstratively throughout the game, everyone would be asking whether Tony even cares he lost his job because no "real competitor" would ever act like that given the circumstances

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Here's a Sliding Doors scenario to mess with your brains. Let's say the Packers do lose to the Cards in '88 and take Aikman. Who does Jimmy take at pick no.2? Barry Sanders? Derrick Thomas? Deion? Tony Mandarich!!? Someone else? And how do the 90's play out in such a scenario?

Yuck, I shudder to even consider how their fortunes would have changed

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
everyone would be asking whether Tony even cares he lost his job because no "real competitor" would ever act like that given the circumstances
Not me. I expected Tony to act no differently than his usual, but he did. All this season up to this point he was fast with the smiles and yells, the butt slaps and the attaboys. Now, after his little prepared speech, he's just a frown boy.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Here's a Sliding Doors scenario to mess with your brains. Let's say the Packers do lose to the Cards in '88 and take Aikman. Who does Jimmy take at pick no.2? Barry Sanders? Derrick Thomas? Deion? Tony Mandarich!!? Someone else? And how do the 90's play out in such a scenario?
I'm pretty sure they take Deion, and try to make a go of it with Jimmy's national championship quarterback, Steve Walsh. Whether that works or not, who knows. But it was the Hershel Walker trade that really built the team, not the 1989 draft.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Not me. I expected Tony to act no differently than his usual, and he did. All this season up to this point he was fast with the smiles and yells, the butt slaps and the attaboys. Now, after his little prepared speech, he's just a frown boy.

Well of course, no surprise at this reply given you're a living, breathing outlier that's bat shit crazy.

still luv you tho bro

:lol

FYI-just fucking with you amigo in case that wasn't clear

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Well of course, no surprise at this reply given you're a living, breathing outlier that's bat shit crazy.

still luv you tho bro

FYI-just fucking with you amigo in case that wasn't clear
Well shit Man, at least I'm right. His demeanor did change over the week, and I'm not the only Owl Head who noticed.:bouncebig

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
oh great, Hanna's having another surgery. this worthless fuckstain better not be on the roster next year, but Jerry just can't help himself.

FanSince61

Cheerleader
Reaction score
According to the article, he blew off pregame warmups and stuff too.

It was in the articles, but it was not true. Last night, Newy Scruggs, NBC channel in Dallas addressed (showed video) that he did pregame warmups, but did not talk to media after the game.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Be more specific. Better at what? Better running the ball? Absolutely. Better all around RB? Not even close.

Better in open space, sure. Damn sure wasn't better than Emmitt in the red zone.

Better in the regular season, maybe. Damn sure not in the playoffs. Barry was MIA in the playoffs, when the Lions did make it.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Better in open space, sure. Damn sure wasn't better than Emmitt in the red zone.

Better in the regular season, maybe. Damn sure not in the playoffs. Barry was MIA in the playoffs, when the Lions did make it.

Yea Barry was definitely the more exciting RB to watch and was pretty much guaranteed to rip off a 60 yard run every game. Like you said though was nowhere near as good as Emmitt in the red zone though. Also Barry wasn't very good at picking up blitzing LB's. For being a small as Emmitt was he was excellent at protecting Aikman.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yea Barry was definitely the more exciting RB to watch and was pretty much guaranteed to rip off a 60 yard run every game. Like you said though was nowhere near as good as Emmitt in the red zone though. Also Barry wasn't very good at picking up blitzing LB's. For being a small as Emmitt was he was excellent at protecting Aikman.

Let's not forget that Barry was not facing nearly as many 8-man fronts as Emmitt. Barry played in that run-n-shoot offense.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So... In the dbair world, if he thinks there's any degree of luck involved in anything, then that somehow minimizes Jerry's drunken dumbass stumblebum luck in finding a franchise qb at the exact moment he really needed one.

Duly noted.

WTF dude. You truly are an assclown

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they take Deion, and try to make a go of it with Jimmy's national championship quarterback, Steve Walsh. Whether that works or not, who knows. But it was the Hershel Walker trade that really built the team, not the 1989 draft.

If they had just gotten one player in 1989 and it was Aikman, that was the biggest franchise altering move they could make.

The Herschel trade was huge no doubt, but we don't win 3 titles without Aikman and we sure as well don't win 3 titles with Steve Walsh in his place.

The 1989 draft ended up being pretty strong. Aikman, Moose, Stepnoski and Tolbert were standouts. They took Walsh in the 89 sup draft and then flipped him for future picks. (at the expense of the top pick in 1990 draft however)

Top Bottom