Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Tony will be on another team next year.
Stop pretending to know everything. Your opinions are yours alone. I have zero patience for pretentious fucks that make shit up.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Stop pretending to know everything. Your opinions are yours alone. I have zero patience for pretentious fucks that make shit up.
Based on you irrational hatred, I thought you would be happy Romo is done in Dallas. Now you want him to do what exactly? Kiss you ass?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Based on you irrational hatred, I thought you would be happy Romo is done in Dallas. Now you want him to do what exactly? Kiss you ass?
Once again, being factual in no way denotes either hatred or irrationality. You, are displaying irrationality.

Dude was pouting today. It's a fact, just suck it up.

Romo has his health, a great family, more money than he can count and for 10 years he was the starting quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. He's done very well for himself. Get over it. Precisely nobody should be feeling sorry for him. He's sulking like Achilles in his tent.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've always felt that Romo never did enough to help this team win. There were numerous times of late in his career, when it would be 3rd and something (less than 10), and Romo would have plenty of time in the pocket and no one would/could get open; in these instances, he would have daylight ahead of him to where he could scamper for the first down, but he chose instead to "stand tall" in the pocket and either take the sack or throw the ball away, or try to thread the needle and result in an INT. I'm not shitting on Romo. He made the Cowboys relevant once again. Time to turn the chapter on him. We all knew this day would come, perhaps not as this soon, nor in this manner, but it's here. Like Mid has said, Dak has that "it" factor. Romo never seemed to take things seriously --- always with that stupid Gomer Pyle "aw shucks/SHAZAM!" -look.

But with Dak.... call him Deadeye Dak.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Bull fucking shit.... You continue to pettifog and even move goalposts, still with your backhand defense of Jerry/Ginger.

Roger wasn't the result of luck, it was a strategic plan to take him when we did. Same with Troy - Green Bay not withstanding. Nobody passed on Troy.

Can't argue the actual point, so you continue to try to muddy the waters.

LOL Wat?

How can you argue there wasn't a certain degree of luck in getting Roger Staubach in the 10th rd?

How can you argue that we (the franchise) didn't get pretty damn lucky that a 2 win Green Bay team beat a .500 Phoenix Cardinals team on the road to LOSE the rights to the #1 overall pick?

Are you drunk or just being a fucktard troll?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The author is an ass wipe. Continue to align you self with ass wipes. I don't care.

Its rare I agree with Doomsdumb about anything, but he has a point about this. Romo didnt look overly thrilled yesterday. Maybe he didn't feel good. Maybe he's at the point where in his mind he knows its beyond over for him. Maybe he needed to take a big dump. But he definitely didn't seem to have the same elation that others on the sideline had. And then he refused to talk to the media after the game and bolted.

Also, while Engel might be a tool, he wasn't the only one who had something to say about this "pouting" incident.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
From Peter King's MMQB column:

“Part of it is selfish. I don’t think this was a speech that needed to be made.”

—ESPN’s Charles Woodson, on the network’s pregame show Sunday, on the remarks by Tony Romo ceding the quarterback job to Dak Prescott last Tuesday.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I've always felt that Romo never did enough to help this team win. There were numerous times of late in his career, when it would be 3rd and something (less than 10), and Romo would have plenty of time in the pocket and no one would/could get open; in these instances, he would have daylight ahead of him to where he could scamper for the first down, but he chose instead to "stand tall" in the pocket and either take the sack or throw the ball away, or try to thread the needle and result in an INT. I'm not shitting on Romo. He made the Cowboys relevant once again. Time to turn the chapter on him. We all knew this day would come, perhaps not as this soon, nor in this manner, but it's here. Like Mid has said, Dak has that "it" factor. Romo never seemed to take things seriously --- always with that stupid Gomer Pyle "aw shucks/SHAZAM!" -look.

But with Dak.... call him Deadeye Dak.

Even on the sideline you see Dak yelling at and encouraging the rest of team. Or you see him getting on to players (like Dez) to keep their head in the game. There were times you would see Romo doing that but for whatever reason it seems different coming from Dak.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
LOL Wat?

How can you argue there wasn't a certain degree of luck in getting Roger Staubach in the 10th rd?

How can you argue that we (the franchise) didn't get pretty damn lucky that a 2 win Green Bay team beat a .500 Phoenix Cardinals team on the road to LOSE the rights to the #1 overall pick?

They weren't even sure they wanted Roger when he finally got to Dallas. Landry almost went with Morton. Eventually Roger outplayed him but it wasn't like they KNEW he was going to be great and targeted him for greatness.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
From Peter King's MMQB column:

“Part of it is selfish. I don’t think this was a speech that needed to be made.”

—ESPN’s Charles Woodson, on the network’s pregame show Sunday, on the remarks by Tony Romo ceding the quarterback job to Dak Prescott last Tuesday.

I'm having trouble seeing how it was selfish. If you think it was, please help me understand why.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
LOL Wat?

Comparing the Dak pick to the Roger pick is like comparing apples to oranges.

The Dak pick was lucky because if things had gone to plan in the draft he wouldn't be a Dallas Cowboy right now. The Roger pick was a 'shot to nothing'. They got a Heisman Trophy winner with a 10th round pick. That's high reward for low risk. They repeated the trick with Herschel 20 years later. A Heisman winner for a 5th round pick. They knew the USFL probably wouldn't amount to shit so it was worth a punt. Genius if you ask me.

I believe the Cowboys also took Carl Lewis with a 12th round pick in the early 80's despite him never playing a down of college football at Houston. No harm done. Only a 12th rounder. Could have been the next Bob Hayes. You never know.

Last edited:

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I guess what I'm trying to say is that both picks were lucky. But a different kind of luck.

The Roger pick was like ''If everything goes to plan we'll take Roger here.''.

The Dak pick was like "Shit, it's all gone wrong. Suppose we better take Dak then.".

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Comparing the Dak pick to the Roger pick is like comparing apples to oranges.

Staubach goes first round in the 1964 draft if he did not have a four year Naval service commitment. There was far less doubt about his ability coming out of college than Daks.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Staubach goes first round in the 1964 draft if he did not have a four year Naval service commitment. There was far less doubt about his ability coming out of college than Daks.

we had the 4th pick overall in that draft. not inconceivable that he would have been there when we picked. but would we have bailed on Meredith so soon?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm not sure what people are even pissed at Romo about. Because he didn't celebrate enough when we scored? Seriously?

If Dak got hurt and Tony refused to go in a game or did something that actually affected the team, then you'd have a legit gripe. But complaining that his press statement wasn't to your liking or he doesn't have the right look on his face on the sideline sounds like a bunch of junior high girls gossiping in the lunch room.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
we had the 4th pick overall in that draft. not inconceivable that he would have been there when we picked. but would we have bailed on Meredith so soon?

Not sure what team would have taken him but I do think someone would take him first round for sure. Also dont forget the AFL had their own offense centric draft at the time, where he surely goes first round and gets offered a Namath like contract.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Here's a Sliding Doors scenario to mess with your brains. Let's say the Packers do lose to the Cards in '88 and take Aikman. Who does Jimmy take at pick no.2? Barry Sanders? Derrick Thomas? Deion? Tony Mandarich!!? Someone else? And how do the 90's play out in such a scenario?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Here's a Sliding Doors scenario to mess with your brains. Let's say the Packers do lose to the Cards in '88 and take Aikman. Who does Jimmy take at pick no.2? Barry Sanders? Derrick Thomas? Deion? Tony Mandarich!!? Someone else? And how do the 90's play out in such a scenario?
Has Jimmy actually commented on that? I'm not aware of it if he has.

My guess would be Derrick Thomas, just because he loves defense so much. He still had big connections to OSU and that may have affected his decision on Sanders, but I can't see him taking a RB that high. Good question though.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Has Jimmy actually commented on that? I'm not aware of it if he has.

My guess would be Derrick Thomas, just because he loves defense so much. He still had big connections to OSU and that may have affected his decision on Sanders, but I can't see him taking a RB that high. Good question though.
I reckon he takes Barry Sanders. The Herschel trade takes place before the season starts, not during it. We still get a shit load of picks for the trade. We still win multiple Superbowl and are still 'Team of the 90's'. Just with Barry instead of Emmitt.

Top Bottom