cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
12. Lamar Miller, Miami Dolphins running back: Miller is a big-play threat who excels as a receiver. He's probably best used around 250 touches; don't look for a team to give him all the touches.

23. George Iloka, Cincinnati Bengals safety: He has rare size and coverage ability. It feels like Illoka is just tapping into his physical gifts.

24. Chris Long, Los Angeles Rams defensive end: He only has four sacks over the last two injury-ravaged years, yet Long should still have some quality seasons left. He was a top-20 defensive end as recently as 2013.

41. Casey Hayward, Green Bay Packers cornerback: He has been a solid starter for the Packers, yet the team looks set to let him walk away. He can play outside and in the slot.

95. Rolando McClain, Dallas Cowboys linebacker: McClain is one of the league's most physical run-stuffing linebackers when healthy and motivated. Will his checkered track record limit his market, though?

4 Free Agent Signing and 1 Re-sign
Miller brings a home run threat to the offense. He's a younger, faster version of Darren McFadden.

Iloka is a much better version of Barry Church. He can help in run support and is far better in coverage. Size allows him to match-up with TE's and bigger WR's.

Long brings leadership to the defense. He can play LDE allowing Lawrence to move back to the right side. Gives Cowboys time to see if Gregory is serious about his NFL career

Heyward comes in and improves the horrid CB play we have suffered through the last few years.

McClain back on team-friendly, incentive-packed deal.

Let's go into draft looking for future QB and overall BPA approach.

Reaction score
I like the FAs CMD but for Pete's sake can...we...get...NT...help?
We have actual NFL drafted players at RB, DE, Safety, and LB but not at 1 Technique. We have a guy that was not considered draft worthy but unlike Romo, has remained not draft worthy even with experience.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
probably still spooked by Jason "one game and you're done" Ferguson

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yahoo Sports (@YahooSports)
3/1/16, 6:20 PM
Sources: Cowboys expected to cut CB Brandon Carr; 'Pacman' could be Dallas target. yhoo.it/1QJWYXs via @CharlesRobinson

dgfred

Spectator
Reaction score
What about 'super' Mario? I think he still has something left. PLEASE... no Pacman!!!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cant sign them till the 9th, but the visits and stuff start Monday. Wonder if we might start hearing some rumblings this weekend.

Broaddus seems pretty certain DE Adrian Clayborn is on the hit list, guess we'll see.

March 7-9: Clubs are permitted to contact and enter into contract negotiations with the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2015 Player Contracts at 4 p.m., ET, on March 9. However, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4 p.m., ET, on March 9.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
3/4/16, 12:02 PM
Speaking of (former) #Eagles QBs: Keep an eye on #Dolphins, #Cowboys, #Redskins, who'll be among teams interested if #Rams deal Nick Foles.

Told you they would consider Nick Foles.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
Speaking of (former) #Eagles QBs: Keep an eye on #Dolphins, #Cowboys, #Redskins, who'll be among teams interested if #Rams deal Nick Foles.

Better than Cassel-Weeden-Moore, but hopefully they aren't thinking Romo's eventual replacement. Decent back-up for next few years.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Better than Cassel-Weeden-Moore, but hopefully they aren't thinking Romo's eventual replacement. Decent back-up for next few years.

Trust me, Romo's eventual replacement is of zero concern to them. Hell Romo might play another 10 years right?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

Not sure I'd want to trade them anything. Maybe a 7th rd pick in 2017 or something.

Veteran backup only. Not interested in him being the potential "answer" because I already no he isn't.

Reaction score
the draft

I'm beginning to think the DeForest Buckner train is not a bad first pick if no Wentz or Goff. Frankly, Buckner might have more of an immediate effect than Ramsey or Jack. At the very least he can play a better 1-technique right now than Hayden, and he can play any position on the D-line. Kind of like speed, you can't teach or coach someone to be massive and towering.

DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

IN OUR VIEW: Buckner played primarily as a defensive end in Oregon's 3-4 base, lining up as the four-, five- or six-technique, but also saw snaps inside in the A-gap or at nose tackle. He plays with explosive movements and terrific body control for his size, flashing heavy hands and initial power to be a disruptive force, although he's still learning how to use his hands and string together rush moves.

Buckner showed steady improvement at Oregon and became more of a consistent playmaker as a senior - perhaps Stanford head coach David Shaw described Buckner best when he said: "If you're building a defensive lineman, that's what you build."

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not sure I'd want to trade them anything. Maybe a 7th rd pick in 2017 or something.

Veteran backup only. Not interested in him being the potential "answer" because I already no he isn't.

We traded a 5th for Cassel.

We might give them the 4th overall for Foles.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Looks like a Arab may have just appeared on Jerry's wish list!

RTF (@RealSportsCave)
3/6/16, 2:59 PM
Rams Running Back Tre Mason reportedly faces several traffic and drug-related charges after being arrested... fb.me/7LFU4RGOr

Top Bottom