dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Reading on the interwebs that Cowboys really might be in on Lamar Miller. One site said the Cowboys were the Dolphins main competitor.

Said a potential deal was expected in the 4-6 mils per yr range, 1st yr cap charge could be around 2 mils. This might be a little less than they were trying to pay Murray last yr but its in the ballpark.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I think when all is said and done Miller will end up getting about the same exact deal as Murray. Considering he's younger and isn't injury prone like Murray, and a higher cap Miller is definitely worth that deal.

Reaction score
Reading on the interwebs that Cowboys really might be in on Lamar Miller. One site said the Cowboys were the Dolphins main competitor.

Said a potential deal was expected in the 4-6 mils per yr range, 1st yr cap charge could be around 2 mils. This might be a little less than they were trying to pay Murray last yr but its in the ballpark.

Do the Dolphins know something we don't? If Miller is great then why not franchise? But if not great, what level back is he?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Do the Dolphins know something we don't? If Miller is great then why not franchise? But if not great, what level back is he?

Miller is a good back that can be great if he lands with the right team. The Dolphins OL is average. Considering that and the overall value of RB's in today's NFL I can see why they wouldn't Franchise him. Hell it was rumored that they considered him last year.

If a team like the Cowboys with a great, young OL Miller could be a star. That's pending if Garrett uses him like he did Murray in 2014. I'm not holding my breath though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think when all is said and done Miller will end up getting about the same exact deal as Murray. Considering he's younger and isn't injury prone like Murray, and a higher cap Miller is definitely worth that deal.

Miller hasn't been anywhere near as productive as Murray was though. Some of that is probably due to the offense the Fish had, but you cant debate that Murray was FAR more productive, even with the injuries.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

They may not have the cap space. They didn't franchise tag Vernon either. They used the transition tag on him instead.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Miller hasn't been anywhere near as productive as Murray was though. Some of that is probably due to the offense the Fish had, but you cant debate that Murray was FAR more productive, even with the injuries.

Murray's last two years in Dallas were productive, the last one especially. But before that he was average at best. Although he did have a couple good runs his rookie year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Murray's last two years in Dallas were productive, the last one especially. But before that he was average at best. Although he did have a couple good runs his rookie year.

Absolutely don't agree. He was always a good player. He had trouble staying healthy and when he was healthy, far too often we gave up on the running game or got way behind. Dude also owns the franchise single game rushing record and in case you forgot, this franchise has had a number of elite RB's.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Absolutely don't agree. He was always a good player. He had trouble staying healthy and when he was healthy, far too often we gave up on the running game or got way behind. Dude also owns the franchise single game rushing record and in case you forgot, this franchise has had a number of elite RB's.

I think Miller has been in a similar situation with Miami. Underused, undervalued, and they gave up on the running game too much during his time in Miami. I honestly think Miller would be a better back in Dallas if they used him the same way they used Murray in 2014.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That's what happens when you win the SB. Everyone wants to get paid. From the SB MVP down to the water boy, everyone thinks they have the golden ticket now

The Broncos just went from winning the SB to being irrelevant in a half day of free agency

Top Bottom