ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerry has always been a big spender in FA. Jerry likes the idea of making the big FA splash and being know as a guy that's not afraid to spend (even if it hasn't always worked). Well according to Stephen he is the exact opposite. He does not believe in spending big money on other teams free agents. According to him the best way to build a team is through the draft. Also he said, if you are spending big money in FA it's a clear sign your team hasn't been drafting well.
We hear this a lot, but I've never understood it. I mean, of course you have to draft well to win. But it's not like you can't do both. This isn't baseball where if you sign a big FA you can lose a first round draft pick. You have the exact same picks regardless. I know Denver wouldn't have won the SB without Talib, Ware, and Ward. He says if you have to use FA it means you haven't drafted well. Okay, so if you haven't drafted well you just sit there and watch those players suck rather than signing guys who are better?

I know he's at the combine and being interviewed right now, but it seems to me like Steve sure has been mouthy lately. The more he runs his fat arrogant mouth, the more it confirms what I've thought that we've sort of started over with the Steve era, and I'm afraid that just like his dad, he's going to be very slow to admit his mistakes and learn from them. Same way he's basically given last year a complete pass because of injuries.

Reaction score
Well according to Stephen he is the exact opposite. He does not believe in spending big money on other teams free agents. According to him the best way to build a team is through the draft. Also he said, if you are spending big money in FA it's a clear sign your team hasn't been drafting well.

That's just rich. There's a report today that Dallas is pursuing resigning Claiborne (an obvious example of great scouting, great training, and a player that was essentially unofficially cut from the team because of a leg injury and a mild case of stupid) and Rolando McClain (a player who continues to be surprisingly better than anyone the scouting department can draft and free agent sign this side of the Giants unofficial defensive MVP: Jasper Brinkley). We don't even know if McClain wants to play next year. Dallas top notch scouts and talent acquisition and brain trust "who build the team" should really answer the Lawrence Gibson, Nzeocha, Wilson, and Swaim question, while they bask in the mastermind Cassel, Weeden, and ending with Chunk from Goonies as backup QB. What about the "no RB plan" that led to Michael, Rod Smith, and Turbin, and "maybe we are far less equipped at WR than what we thought" leading to a draft pick for a WR that had no production except for preseason.

Not drafting well?

Your teams issues are a lack of understanding of what your teams issues are and what it takes to fix.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
That's just rich. There's a report today that Dallas is pursuing resigning Claiborne (an obvious example of great scouting, great training, and a player that was essentially unofficially cut from the team because of a leg injury and a mild case of stupid) and Rolando McClain (a player who continues to be surprisingly better than anyone the scouting department can draft and free agent sign this side of the Giants unofficial defensive MVP: Jasper Brinkley). We don't even know if McClain wants to play next year. Dallas top notch scouts and talent acquisition and brain trust "who build the team" should really answer the Lawrence Gibson, Nzeocha, Wilson, and Swaim question, while they bask in the mastermind Cassel, Weeden, and ending with Chunk from Goonies as backup QB. What about the "no RB plan" that led to Michael, Rod Smith, and Turbin, and "maybe we are far less equipped at WR than what we thought" leading to a draft pick for a WR that had no production except for preseason.

Not drafting well?

Your teams issues are a lack of understanding of what your teams issues are and what it takes to fix.

Dude, that would be fuyas hell to see Sloth yelling "HEY YOU GUYS!!!!" While launching a 90 yard bomb to Dez!!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Big day tomorrow, deadline to use tags.

Eric Berry and Olivier Vernon would be huge adds for us.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Athletically he's perfect for Chip's system but he's not accurate enough. Gabbert wil likely end up beating him out if they resign Gabbert.

Kapernick adds the speed element to Kelly's offense. He will make that offense look more like Oregon's.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Big day tomorrow, deadline to use tags.

Eric Berry and Olivier Vernon would be huge adds for us.

Eric Berry will be enough.

Naa, f that. I'm greedy. Berry, Lamar Miller, and DeMarcus Ware (once cut) will be enough.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Kapernick adds the speed element to Kelly's offense. He will make that offense look more like Oregon's.

still cant hit he broad side of a barn and has a ten cen head

hopefully Kelly is stupid enough to think he can fix him

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Eric Berry will be enough.

Naa, f that. I'm greedy. Berry, Lamar Miller, and DeMarcus Ware (once cut) will be enough.

Vernon is what, almost 10 years younger than Ware now?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
apparently Romo and Witten were at the Kansas/Texas game last night sitting with Colt McCoy

Reaction score
apparently Romo and Witten were at the Kansas/Texas game last night sitting with Colt McCoy

I just don't get it. The offense calls for a strong arm for deep throws in small windows, the ball cannot float or the pass will be defended or worse. But even more obvious is that if it's a timing based offense that requires passes into spaces that the WR has not even made the turn into yet, the QB has to be able to see the whole field - especially the DBs in zone or the "spaces" will easily be occupied by DBs. It was obvious in Moores first game that he could barely see the field because he was not tall enough and missed where everyone was. And as bad as Weeden was, at least he could see. Romo is right on the cusp at 6'2" but he is also a perceptual freak and just knows where all the defenders are. McCoy does not have the arm strength, is small and is not really anything.

...except he can broad jump, which maybe is the new measure of RKG since it worked so well for Byron Jones.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Seems screwy for sure.

Maybe Garrett likes limp arm QB's because that's what he was when he played.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yep, McCoy is terrible.

But we all know what a prisoner of the moment Jerry is, and that 2014 game McCoy won against us has probably stuck with Jerry all this time.

We'll forget any kind of objective larger sample size analysis and go with the emotional one-game one.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Colt McCoy as a backup is just more of the same. Might as well bring back Kitna.

Hopefully this is nothing.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah hopefully this basketball "recruiting" night works out just as good as last years Romo/Garrett/Murray recruitment night before f/a started

Top Bottom