ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Did you hear Irvin on with Norm this morning?

Mike is standing on the table for Elliott.
Just a little. Most fans don't agree but I can't stand listening to Irvin. Great player but drives me nuts as a commentator.

Though I do totally agree with his premise that you can't put anyone behind this line and win. Not sure that means take Elliott at 4, though, as much as I like EE as a player.

If I had to guess, I think in their minds they'd like to take Ramsey at #4 and then go Henry in the second. Even if they have to trade back up a little for Henry. After all the "bad luck" with the RBs last year in the draft, I can see them moving up to make sure they get the guy they want.

Last edited:

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Also, when I was at lunch I saw on ESPN that someone, I think Dominick, was talking about San Diego taking the Notre Dame OT at #3? And then I heard Daniel Jeremiah talking about it on Mosley's show? Is that really a possibility?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Also, when I was at lunch I saw on ESPN that someone, I think Dominick, was talking about San Diego taking the Notre Dame OT at #3? And then I heard Daniel Jeremiah talking about it on Mosley's show? Is that really a possibility?

Maybe. One of the ESPN guys was making a strong case last week that Tunsil might end up the third OT picked

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Mark May shit all over Bosa on First Take this morning.

skip to 2:29

[video=youtube;osyEM-qpwJY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osyEM-qpwJY[/video]

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Mark May shit all over Bosa on First Take this morning.

skip to 2:29

[video=youtube;osyEM-qpwJY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osyEM-qpwJY[/video]

I bet it's because he agrees about us taking Elliott there instead

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
why would he call Bosa small? 6'5" and 271lb is just right for a 4-3 DE.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Did you hear Irvin on with Norm this morning?

Mike is standing on the table for Elliott.

When NFL Network did their live mock draft the other day Irvin was going nuts over Zeke. Can't say I blame him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Connor Cook says the Broncos, Cowboys and Niners are the teams that have shown the most interest in him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Worth turning sound on to hear the people commenting on him.

I still don't hate the guy the way many in the forums seem to. I know we arnt getting Goff or Wentz and its a longshot we get Paxton Lynch, but if we end up with Cook I wont be disappointed. I think there's enough there that he could turn into a dependable starter. Might not ever be upper echelon/pro bowl caliber year in and year out, but could be a quality starter with solid supporting cast.

[video=youtube;WYisIEt_FVU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYisIEt_FVU[/video]

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Worth turning sound on to hear the people commenting on him.

I still don't hate the guy the way many in the forums seem to. I know we arnt getting Goff or Wentz and its a longshot we get Paxton Lynch, but if we end up with Cook I wont be disappointed. I think there's enough there that he could turn into a dependable starter. Might not ever be upper echelon/pro bowl caliber year in and year out, but could be a quality starter with solid supporting cast.

[video=youtube;WYisIEt_FVU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYisIEt_FVU[/video]

I think Cook will end up being the same caliber QB as Derek Carr or Andy Dalton. If he's given a couple years to learn and work on his flaws I think he could be a very good starting QB in the NFL.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
dbair - do you like Cook because you can relate to him?

It doesn't sound like anyone likes him

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
dbair - do you like Cook because you can relate to him?

It doesn't sound like anyone likes him

Apparently somebody likes him, he's probably going to get picked in the late first or sometime in the second round.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think Cook will end up being the same caliber QB as Derek Carr or Andy Dalton. If he's given a couple years to learn and work on his flaws I think he could be a very good starting QB in the NFL.
I think you're a population of one on that.

If anyone thinks he could be that good, he'll go top 20.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Kinda my thought as well.

I also think because of where he played and how he was coached, the offensive style they had and the types of games he was in on a week to week basis if he had to step in and play early, he could fare decent enough to keep us afloat.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think you're a population of one on that.

If anyone thinks he could be that good, he'll go top 20.

Derek Carr and Andy Dalton didn't go top-20 either though did they?

And of course had everyone in the league known what Romo was going to be in 2003, he wouldn't have went undrafted.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Make that two.

Don't get me wrong, I don't LOVE the guy, but I don't see adding him as a bad thing either.

We've neglected the QB position far too long. My preference is for one of the top-3, but I wont cry and piss and moan if we end up with Cook either.

Iamtdg

Reaction score

I have seen that quite a bit in the last couple of days. Stanley has shot up into the top 5 quickly. I can't see Conklin going ahead of Tunsil, but some sure think that Stanley might.

Top Bottom