tonyraye

Cheerleader
Reaction score
I have to admit I like what I see of Collins in his highlights. He can really move for a guy his size.

He might be a fit at DE if he lost some weight, but he is more of a 3 technique guy in my opinion, because of his lack of strength and the fact that he will get pushed out of the gap. I still like Billings as a 1 technique because we really need more a ball player and depth at the 1 technique. Billings will not be pushed around plush he is quick for his size and moves very well.

tonyraye

Cheerleader
Reaction score
So our defense now consists of an amphetamine junkie DE and another experiencing reefer madness. A bipolar MLB with questionable work ethic whose retired twice and can only be signed to 1 yr deals. 2 OLBs with reconstructed knees with one a twisted ankle and migraine away from missing another half season. A bust at CB, another over priced CB who hasn't had a pick since 2013, and a nickel back coming back from a reconstructed knee. Not to mention the safeties minus Byron Jones who are no better than cardboard cutouts

So you are a little concerned? lol

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So our defense now consists of an amphetamine junkie DE and another experiencing reefer madness. A bipolar MLB with questionable work ethic whose retired twice and can only be signed to 1 yr deals. 2 OLBs with reconstructed knees with one a twisted ankle and migraine away from missing another half season. A bust at CB, another over priced CB who hasn't had a pick since 2013, and a nickel back coming back from a reconstructed knee. Not to mention the safeties minus Byron Jones who are no better than cardboard cutouts.

Didn't you hear, Zeke is going to make the entire defense better on his own.

Really though, I have no idea what they're thinking. I like what little I've seen of Collins, but who is going to play LB, CB, and S for us?

The real answer is they're being overoptimistic again expecting guys like McClain and Lee and Claiborne and Carr to stay healthy and play well.

tonyraye

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Didn't you hear, Zeke is going to make the entire defense better on his own.

He will if he can keep them off the field and that is why a running game is important. I would not have drafted him but what's done is done. I would have drafted Jack as well. Cleveland will probably pick up Conner Cook with one of their 4th round picks and Billings with the other. I would have been happy with Billings in the 4th round to stuff the run.

Someone forgot to mention that Claiborne has the lowest wonderlic score in NFL history as well lol.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I have to admit I like what I see of Collins in his highlights. He can really move for a guy his size.

Yeah he seems like a good fit for what Marinelli wants from the 3T. Seems to hit pretty hard too when he does make contact.

I don't hate the pick. Don't love it, but I think he fits here.

CMD said he was reach (like every player we ever pick) but everything I have on the draft the opinion was 3rd/4th rd.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So our defense now consists of an amphetamine junkie DE and another experiencing reefer madness. A bipolar MLB with questionable work ethic whose retired twice and can only be signed to 1 yr deals. 2 OLBs with reconstructed knees with one a twisted ankle and migraine away from missing another half season. A bust at CB, another over priced CB who hasn't had a pick since 2013, and a nickel back coming back from a reconstructed knee. Not to mention the safeties minus Byron Jones who are no better than cardboard cutouts.

and a partridge in a pear tree......

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He will if he can keep them off the field and that is why a running game is important. I would not have drafted him but what's done is done. I would have drafted Jack as well. Cleveland will probably pick up Conner Cook with one of their 4th round picks and Billings with the other. I would have been happy with Billings in the 4th round to stuff the run.

Someone forgot to mention that Claiborne has the lowest wonderlic score in NFL history as well lol.

I don't think they are, they took Cody Kessler at the end of the 3rd.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I really think that the wonderlic is not a great measure of "football" intelligence. You can say it may be helpful with his ability to pick up the system and playbook, but that has to translate to the field by his actions, again that is "football" smarts and not book smarts. Again I would have gone Jack but what is done is done.

hope you're right but I wasn't basing my comments on the wonderlic but on what the scouts are quoted as saying and of course these are random quotes from the internet so who knows if they're accurate

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm listening to this PC, but I am.

Jerry sounds as batshit crazy as ever. Lipsmacking and wandering and making goofy analogies at a high level.

Someone asks about helping the team this year and Jerry goes on about how great Smith is. Uh, he won't play this year. Does Jerry even know that?

Also, Steve says we covered our needs so well in FA we didn't need to get as much instant impact. Who did we get other than the 1-tech from Philly and Morris?

Steve also says on the DEs, we went 12-4 a couple years ago with ends like Mincey who aren't big names. (So naturally we can do that again.)

These guys are the fucking pits. All of them.

Last edited:

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I really think that the wonderlic is not a great measure of "football" intelligence. You can say it may be helpful with his ability to pick up the system and playbook, but that has to translate to the field by his actions, again that is "football" smarts and not book smarts. Again I would have gone Jack but what is done is done.

It's done to measure whether or not a guy has basic cognitive function when put into a stressful situation.

Of course nobody expects any football to ever have to answer 50 multiple choice questions during a game. The test is to see if they can answer enough of them to give you confidence that they're doing something other than shitting their pants.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
maybe they felt Bmore was lying about no interest in Zeke. plus, Bmore was only offering a 4th rounder for switching.

Not to mention, what if Jacksonville had traded with a team that wanted Zeke. Then the Cowboys would have been sitting there at at 6 with no Zeke, no Ramsey, and no Bosa. But hey they would have had an extra 4th rounder...

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
And now Jack goes. A guy who will play this year.

Jax is going to be good if Bortles keeps developing.

No kidding. Too bad they're never on TV. Jalen Ramsey, Malik Jackson, Donte Fowler, and if Jack pans out. I definitely like what they're building down there in Jacksonville.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Troy Aikman was gay for many years while he was a Cowboy, these are just rumors I don't buy into.

lmao, he was never "gay for many years while he was a cowboy", skippy just floated a rumor out there that he was gay to gen up interest

Top Bottom